On 24/08/2019 at 21:24, sj88 said:

Hey everybody. Got s56 request for new AFPs as previous certs were no longer valid. We got them in May 2019. Seems an odd request. Has this happened anybody else? Waiting for MA to advise on Monday. Just curious... TIA

@sj88 That sounds odd and shouldn't be the case (if you received /uploaded them in May this year). 

I suggest you contact your MA or confirm directly on your application that the AFP's were uploaded and exist - it might be a case that the MA forgot to upload them, or that they weren't uploaded for some reason. 

I had a similar case and had to send a copy of my certificates to my CO (on the generic email address), telling them that it had not been updated on the system - apparently, back then - there was an issue uploading these documents. 

• Thanks 1

On 23/08/2019 at 16:40, sydneyishuk said:

Not true!

You can re-apply!!! I know because me and my partner where in the same situation.  We had our 186 Nomination refused.  My partners 457 had expired.  We had the option to re-apply.

Apology, you are right. I mixed two things in my case but yeah, to be able to apply for 186 you need to be on 457, 482 or related bridging visa. Thanks for correction

Edited by mes

On 23/08/2019 at 17:13, NnN said:

@sydneyishukcan you please explain in detail what was the option please. It might can Help Me too.

Hi NnN,

I already have explained in 2 posts to you....

I would suggest consulting with a Migration Agent / Lawyer as it can be complex.

Here are some options

1. Withdraw your application and Re-apply.  This will mean a new Nomination and Application. If you re-apply you will be on a Bridging visa C - which will have a no travel restriction.  Meaning you have to stay within Australia until your Visa is granted.

2. Employer Nomination Appeal to AAT and You also apply to AAT.  However (I am not 100% sure on this) I believe if the appeal is unsuccessful you will have a Section 48 bar on applying for another visa within Australia.

If your employer is not appealing the Nomination Refusal then you should withdraw your visa application. 

As a refused visa application is something you need to claim when applying for other visas here in Australia or for visa overseas.

You would have received a notification of the nomination refusal, which will give you 28 days to comment/take action.  So if you are not appealing then on the 28th day you should withdraw your application.  This will then give you a further 21 days before you have to leave the country or re-submit a visa application.  However as I mentioned above as you are already on a BVA submitting a new visa application you will move to a Bridging Visa C.  And you will not be able to leave the country until the visa is approved.

Again as mentioned above it is very important to talk to a Migration Agent / Lawyer to weigh out your options and best chances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone! I got my golden email on Saturday!!! 😀
Thank you for your support and your encouraging words - It's been a long journey but it's so worth it. 
Sending my good vibes to everyone waiting, in particular, those who have been waiting since December 2017 or longer like me!!

• Congratulations 8

On 23/08/2019 at 17:25, Hex said:

@mes That's interesting, I thought that if you got a new visa (482), you'd have to wait the required 2 years again, regardless. Are you saying that's not the case here? 

What my MA told me it is possible as long as the new 482 visa are with same employer. I don't remember exactly but those 2 years in case of 457 are tied to employer and nominated job position but not specific nomination. There was several f* ups with my 457 to 186 process (I had to lodge 186 last week again) and this was one of two options as my 457 expired last week.

The plan was nominate me again to 482, apply again for 482 -> I am sponsored again, same company -> nomination and application for 186 - so this is possible as my MA did this before.

Guest Jasonzz
1 hour ago, Romwod said:

Good morning everyone! I got my golden email on Saturday!!! 😀
Thank you for your support and your encouraging words - It's been a long journey but it's so worth it. 
Sending my good vibes to everyone waiting, in particular, those who have been waiting since December 2017 or longer like me!!

Congrats! That was really a long time. Hope my time coming sooner😂

On 24/08/2019 at 01:57, Nagra77 said:

Hi Guys

Am new here I only  lodge my nomination application for TRT on 1st August 2019 my MA send me TRN how can I check in immi account and also how long it takes to process the nomination application.

Hi @Nagra77, just create an immi account and click on import application. You would be able to navigate through from there.

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update, I received my grant on Saturday evening. Its been a hell of ride and waiting game for one whole year.

Thanks to all the active members of this forum and to all the discussions that take place here. it is really helpful for people like me.

I have updated my signature and if someone can update the spreadsheet it would be wonderful ( Not sure if it is updated regularly)

Thank you once again,

Kashyap

• Congratulations 7

Hello 

my immigration agent just email us that the department send him a request of more documents 

this one 

Established business/organisation

Request Detail

Provide all of the following to demonstrate that your business/organisation is actively

operating in Australia:

● tax returns for the last financial year

● recent financial reports (profit and loss, balance sheet statements for 2016-2017,

2017-2018 financial years)

● annual report – you would have this but perhaps a letter from your Accountant ( on letterhead) stating that the business is trading well etc etc?

● bank statements covering the most recent 12 month period of operation

It is a bad sign or a good one?

he said that normally they doesn’t ask for this 

13 minutes ago, Sere said:

Hello 

my immigration agent just email us that the department send him a request of more documents 

this one 

Request Detail

Provide all of the following to demonstrate that your business/organisation is actively

operating in Australia:

● tax returns for the last financial year

● recent financial reports (profit and loss, balance sheet statements for 2016-2017,

2017-2018 financial years)

● annual report – you would have this but perhaps a letter from your Accountant ( on letterhead) stating that the business is trading well etc etc?

● bank statements covering the most recent 12 month period of operation

It is a bad sign or a good one?

he said that normally they doesn’t ask for this 

The same thing happened with me too. Company submitted all the documents. But the financial report for 2017-2018 is in loss about $8,000. We are 2 applicants from the same company. Other applicant is a restaurant manager. Her nomination application got refused because the business is in loss. She got a chance to apply in AAT. There is high possibility that my application will be refused too. So be careful about the financial reports. Make sure reports are not in loss. If the reports are not in loss then you will get your result soon. Wish you all the best. 

And also I am in huge tension about my application. Don’t know what will happen😭😭😭. Anyone know any idea about this. Thanks in advance

@Sere This is not a bad sign, the above information is required for the Nomination part, it shows that the company is Established and operating lawfully.  Also shows the Company's financial position etc.

It is a good sign that your application has been picked up from the department.

The above information is usually asked for from the Company's side, as need to show that they are operating lawfully in Australia - paying Tax, Super etc so key supporting evidence on the Company.

Yes letter from Accountant is required, however that is different to the annual report.  Annual Business Report is financial reporting - your Company should produce these each Financial Year as an Australian Listed Company.

Edited by sydneyishuk

8 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

@Sere This is not a bad sign, the above information is required for the Nomination part, it shows that the company is Established and operating lawfully.  Also shows the Company's financial position etc.

It is a good sign that your application has been picked up from the department.

The above information is usually asked for from the Company's side, as need to show that they are operating lawfully in Australia - paying Tax, Super etc so key supporting evidence on the Company.

Yes letter from Accountant is required, however that is different to the annual report.  Annual Business Report is financial reporting - your Company should produce these each Financial Year as an Australian Listed Company.

I hope they know about this annual business report..I am just worried that it will take more than 28 days for them to collect all the info 

they are normally very slow when it is about collect documents 

for the other guy 

I really hope they are not in loss😭😭😭

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sere said:

I hope they know about this annual business report..I am just worried that it will take more than 28 days for them to collect all the info 

they are normally very slow when it is about collect documents 

for the other guy 

I really hope they are not in loss😭😭😭

@Sere If the business is in a loss, the accountant can (and should) attach a letter explaining the reason(s) why as well as how they are not at financial strain. 
- Many companies run at a loss on purpose. As long as you can justify this (accountant letter), everything should be OK. 

Hi all,

Waiting is killing me, can't help myself not to refresh the status page almost every hour!

But to be honest I didn't expect processing to be as fast, I've got my nomination approved in ~3 weeks since its lodgement and the initial assessment for my visa application was done the next day.

Unfortunately, the initial assessment didn't result in my application being approved - CO decided that it might be a good idea to request a fresh NZ police clearance certificate and also asked for a disclosure consent - both were provided the next day. And now I'm wondering whether it happens to all applicants required to provide clearance for NZ (as there is no mentioning of the disclosure consent form anywhere in their readme)? 

So, now it is 6th day since application status changed to Further Assessment. How long do you think it can stay like that? Or maybe they are just going to keep it on hold until the given deadline expired (28 days to provide documents requested in s56). 

Also, maybe someone knows, does completion of the Initial Assessment means that CO was satisfied with the rest of the application? Or they process an application until they find the first problem and recommence processing when it is resolved?

One colleague of mine applied the same day with me and has already received his 186 (DR) - the overall process took him around 2 weeks.

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Sere If the business is in a loss, the accountant can (and should) attach a letter explaining the reason(s) why as well as how they are not at financial strain. 
- Many companies run at a loss on purpose. As long as you can justify this (accountant letter), everything should be OK. 

Thanks

I didn’t know that some companies run at a loss on purpose 

let’s hope MA and accountant will manage it well 

8 minutes ago, cyril_au said:

Hi all,

Waiting is killing me, can't help myself not to refresh the status page almost every hour!

But to be honest I didn't expect processing to be as fast, I've got my nomination approved in ~3 weeks since its lodgement and the initial assessment for my visa application was done the next day.

Unfortunately, the initial assessment didn't result in my application being approved - CO decided that it might be a good idea to request a fresh NZ police clearance certificate and also asked for a disclosure consent - both were provided the next day. And now I'm wondering whether it happens to all applicants required to provide clearance for NZ (as there is no mentioning of the disclosure consent form anywhere in their readme)? 

So, now it is 6th day since application status changed to Further Assessment. How long do you think it can stay like that? Or maybe they are just going to keep it on hold until the given deadline expired (28 days to provide documents requested in s56). 

Also, maybe someone knows, does completion of the Initial Assessment means that CO was satisfied with the rest of the application? Or they process an application until they find the first problem and recommence processing when it is resolved?

One colleague of mine applied the same day with me and has already received his 186 (DR) - the overall process took him around 2 weeks.

@cyril_au That's really quick - congrats on the CO getting assigned. 

I'm afraid the answer is not one that you'll be looking for; 

- Typically the CO only revisits the request after 28 days (it's rare - but does happen that they get back to it sooner) if you're lucky. 
- Once in further assessment, I've seen some cases take 1 week and others are still waiting - 2 years later (all dependent on the CO and case).
- At the time of the s56, the CO that requested it, would have requested all extra documentation that he/she thought would be necessary. In saying that - if the same CO re-opens the case later, everything should be fine, however, if another CO opens it (team driven) then they might feel something else is needed that the first CO missed out on. 
- As for your colleague, the worst thing you can do it compare cases, there is never a direct comparison, and it's the first step to causing even more frustration. 
-- Each case to their own, worry about yours and only yours :), it'll help you keep sane. 

I'm sure it's around the corner, stay patient - it'll come! 

1 minute ago, Hex said:

@cyril_au That's really quick - congrats on the CO getting assigned. 

I'm afraid the answer is not one that you'll be looking for; 

- Typically the CO only revisits the request after 28 days (it's rare - but does happen that they get back to it sooner) if you're lucky. 
- Once in further assessment, I've seen some cases take 1 week and others are still waiting - 2 years later (all dependent on the CO and case).
- At the time of the s56, the CO that requested it, would have requested all extra documentation that he/she thought would be necessary. In saying that - if the same CO re-opens the case later, everything should be fine, however, if another CO opens it (team driven) then they might feel something else is needed that the first CO missed out on. 
- As for your colleague, the worst thing you can do it compare cases, there is never a direct comparison, and it's the first step to causing even more frustration. 
-- Each case to their own, worry about yours and only yours :), it'll help you keep sane. 

I'm sure it's around the corner, stay patient - it'll come! 

Thanks!

Hopefully, it will go just fine. I can't think about any additional documentation they might want to see as the case is quite clear and as some people might say - Decision Ready.

My colleague's situation was even simpler as he never resided in any foreign country in the past and his home country is from the LR list, so much fewer documents required and probably more lenient approach than if he was from an HR country.

Anyway, let's see how it goes. I was going to apply last year but because of the restructuring process withing a company, I had to wait for another year.

Guest Jasonzz
5 hours ago, Jasonzz said:

Congrats! That was really a long time. Hope my time coming sooner😂

There must be a CO watching this place, because I posted this morning, and just few minutes ago, my visa was granted!

So everyone just keeps active and positive, maybe next is you! Thx all.

44 minutes ago, Jasonzz said:

There must be a CO watching this place, because I posted this morning, and just few minutes ago, my visa was granted!

So everyone just keeps active and positive, maybe next is you! Thx all.

May I ask which office process your case? VIC or NSW?

I am also waiting for the final result. S56 requested on 31/07, submitted on 02/08. Still in further assessment.

Mine is under VIC office.

Thank you.

55 minutes ago, fifi186 said:

How fast is the approval from lodgement date? I currently have a 190 application pending and its taking a really long time. Just not sure if its worth applying for 186 as well...

@fifi186 This is a real lazy question :), a 3 seconds Google search would give you the answer.

Processing times: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times 

image.thumb.png.ca27f816634d47902232849977836d4e.png

• Like 1