53 minutes ago, Beeshnu said:

Hi guys i got golden email this morning.

Stay positive and hope for good.

My timeline 

Nomination and visa applied: 29 nov 2018

Nomination approved: 22 may 2019

Visa grant: 17th august 2019

Good luck guys.....you all will get soon

Hi congrats, you got approval in DIRECT ENTRY or TRT?

• Congratulations 2

I would like to share my sweet (and slightly bitter 😉 ) news

My visa moved to initial assessment, and I'm guessing that the nomination had been approved and the case was opened yesterday 🎉

I need to submit an Australian police check for my significant other... and here my confusion starts. I sent it to my agent together with a tone of other documents before application. It is still within the 1 year validation period.

But then, I found out on my immi account, that the agent attached my police check twice for me and for my partner 🤦‍♀️ so I'm still waiting patiently 

Edited by AJG

On 16/08/2019 at 16:42, pravincv said:

are you saying that TRT isnt obliged to work for 2  more years with the nominating employer?

the legislation says that you should have the intention to work for 2 years. if fraudulent intentions can be proven, then the visa will be cancelled. change of circumstances seem to be a grey area

Hi @pravincv May I request you to read my post again (please), I have not mentioned anything about TRT. So please do not say anything regarding the Legislation and Fraudulance, Grey area for my post.

I did not comment on TRT at all in that post.

38 minutes ago, sachin1983 said:

Hi @pravincv May I request you to read my post again (please), I have not mentioned anything about TRT. So please do not say anything regarding the Legislation and Fraudulance, Grey area for my post.

I did not comment on TRT at all in that post.

you say" I would recommend you to please have a look at your submission documents, as you are a direct stream you are obliged to work for your employer for 2 years (correct me if I am wrong)."

i am correcting you since you are wrong. not only is this not selectively applicable to direct stream (it applies to 186 as a whole) but also, there no employment conditions except not making a fraudulent application that can result in the visa being cancelled. Normal employee turnover- resignation with proper notice IS NOT a cause for visa cancellation. layoffs, resignations etc are not fraudulent. they are normal business operations. if you abscond without notice ,then its a breach of contract in most permanent jobs. thats really about the only thing you need to ensure - leave through official channels 

187 visa on the other hand does require you to stick around for 2 yrs. even if laid off, you need to find employment in ONLY a regional area. 

Before application and during processing, you must have a permanent contract or atleast 2 years of confirmed contract with the employer. This is mandatory. 186 legislation doesnt have any employment conditions AFTER it is granted.

There is no evidence that this is not what the 186 visa intends. no migration agent has stated otherwise as well (i am not one)

Edited by pravincv

1 hour ago, Saugat said:

Hi guys. 

Should one  still pay medical levy if they have a private health insurance on a bridging visa A? I am entitled for provisional medicare card but i have not used medicare card yet.  Can anyone help me out please? 

you have not used it because you dont have one? or you have one but havent had an occasion to use it ? if you have a medicare card, you cant avoid medicare levy unless you earn less than 27k annually 

1 hour ago, Milan SERBIA said:

Hi guys and dear friends,

Does anyone maybe knows what’s the average processing time for 186 Direct Entry Stream visa? 

Nomination: Metal Fabricator/ Boilermaker 

Thanks guys 

its not known. 75% of the cases are closed in 15 months as of now. some of them are processed in a few weeks, some in few months. they dont publish average waiting times

25 minutes ago, pravincv said:

you have not used it because you dont have one? or you have one but havent had an occasion to use it ? if you have a medicare card, you cant avoid medicare levy unless you earn less than 27k annually 

I have not applied for one so I don't have one.  Do you know what it would be under my circumstances? 

41 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Very quiet monday, no grant/news till now.

@Kashif.Iqbal 

1. Please don't forget that this is not the only forum out there that posts about visa application grants.
2. I'm certain there have been (many) visa's processed today (Monday) regardless of your timezone.
3. I still don't see / understand how posts like these help anyone (it's not the first)? 

I don't mean to pick on you, just trying to keep the thread relative, please don't take it personally. 

• Like 2

Finally, I have received the golden email - after 12 months of waiting... 

Thanks to all of you guys! This forum has been such a big help in my entire migration journey!!! To all those waiting, please be patient! Yours will come soon!!!

Best of luck to all of you!!! 

• Congratulations 11

2 hours ago, EMJ said:

@GBD congratulations. Are you saying your nomination and visa was approved on the same day? Does that mean you have done your medicals before it was required?

Thanks alot Bro, Yeah i have a submitted my everything before hand like medical, AFP and International police Clearance

Edited by GBD
  • Congratulations 1

Hi All, 

I got my visa today. My case was bit complicated because  First CO asked me on 27 may ship clearance certificate which already uploaded (different wording) and police clearance certificate from a country (company correspondence office) where I never visited or stayed. I was employed by company Italian office. Furthermore, second CO asked same documents on 19 July (Not sure if he had a look on my uploaded documents). My MA got upset and he has to write a letter explaining what they're asking are uploaded. Today morning at 11, I called to IMMI customers care (131881)and explained my situation. Person from other side of phone understand and he told me that he will do his best to help me out. Around 3. 30pm 3rd CO call my MA and MA explained everything. Within 5 minutes my PR granted. Thank you everyone for helping me out. @Hex@Hex you are doing great work on this form. 

Edited by Amit Gupta
  • Congratulations 8

7 hours ago, Amit Gupta said:

Hi All, 

I got my visa today. My case was bit complicated because  First CO asked me on 27 may ship clearance certificate which already uploaded (different wording) and police clearance certificate from a country (company correspondence office) where I never visited or stayed. I was employed by company Italian office. Furthermore, second CO asked same documents on 19 July (Not sure if he had a look on my uploaded documents). My MA got upset and he has to write a letter explaining what they're asking are uploaded. Today morning at 11, I called to IMMI customers care (131881)and explained my situation. Person from other side of phone understand and he told me that he will do his best to help me out. Around 3. 30pm 3rd CO call my MA and MA explained everything. Within 5 minutes my PR granted. Thank you everyone for helping me out. @Hex@Hex you are doing great work on this form. 

Congratulations mate, I am still on the line,  your approval gave me hope,  wish me luck for a quick outcome 

• Like 1