My travel thread

Quokka2005

We went to 1770 for 2 nights and we weren't massively keen on it. We arrived in bundaberg and disliked it so much that we went on the rum tour (which was good) and left. Someone please tell me Harvey bay is better. I really wanted to see the turtles at that monas beach but enough to stay in bundy overnight

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went to 1770 for 2 nights and we weren't massively keen on it. We arrived in bundaberg and disliked it so much that we went on the rum tour (which was good) and left. Someone please tell me Harvey bay is better.

Not too bad if you can dodge the zimmer frames. Personally, I'd give it a miss for anything other than a gateway to Fraser island.

Fraser Island is a good day out, recommend it, the inland lake McKenzie is great for a swim, and a Relaxing float down Eli Creek. even at my advanced age Harvey Bay does nothing for me.

Sunshine coast is better, some people love Noosa, as a local bit over it, bit pretentious.

We live just near Mooloolaba, good beach, if you end up here will take you out and about, throw a prawn on the barbie!! relax round the pool, pool temperature about 30' at the moment. Don't miss Australia zoo.

Will pm you my tel. No. xM

I tbink we're doing Fraser Island from rainbow so I'm more looking for things to do before that. Incase we miss anything decent between bundy and rainbow. I really wanted to see some turtles on the beach :(

Rainbow beach ia about an hour'sh from us.

Won't take any offence if you don't manage a stop, as I know travelling with someone makes it difficult.

I could be doing with a Zimmer frame! I think If I remember correctly we're doing Fraser from noosa or rainbow. I get confused wo H the names. If I see a tourist information place I'll stop and ask for tips

yes you should do this. did you know you could of got to go swimming with baby turtles near 1770 at lady musgrove island. what a shame if you didnt know about it.

Yeah I had read about a island with turtles but the one I read about you had to fly there. I did see a advert for the other island too I tbink. We were supposed to go to a place called mona beach or something like that to see the turtles but we just really didn't want to stay over in bundy so we left. You can't see the turtles till night time. Never mind, I did get to see a few turtles in the barrier reef but I wanted to see more.

Thats us in Hervey Bay now

Maybe but it really is cold and windy! My tent almost blew away this morning. No more beach sites lol. Every morning I wake up and some charming wildlife have **** on my tent. This time it's either been a bat or birds because there was loads of bats above my tent.. Eurgh. Then I woke up in the middle of the night to a loud growling noise. Do bats growl?!

Koalas sound like a donkey lol.

[video=youtube_share;XPdaU9A-RqU]

Yep, we had one of those in the tree outside our house for three nights last week, bloody noisy things! Who'd have thought something that looks so sweet and cuddly would make such an awful noise!