My travel thread

Quokka2005

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be too disappointed if the aboriginal thing in Cape Trib doesn't happen - I booked same tour a few years ago and they didn't turn up. Went to tourist office to find out what happened and they just said 'it is what they do'. So frustrating they were trying to help them start up a business - oh well still had a great time there

I'll find them! :laugh: I'm sure it'll be fine.. Hopefully!

I tbink we're going to spend more time in port Douglas than cairns. He's up there the now and says its a little cooler with the breeze.

Tbh the crowds weren't that bad but we left around 5.30 or 6 I think. Then we went to the hawkers market and I got Dutch pancakes. My friend isn't good for my diet or my purse

Hi Stacey, been on here for a while been watching your thread. Moved from Sydney 2 weeks ago hurray lol to Cairns because I love it and my husband is working here. Have to say omg the temperature and humidity is something I've never experienced in my life and I've been travelling up and down here for a year. I'm walking my dog at 7am and come home looking well...drowned large rat comes to mind. Living in Sydney I would do my hair etc...etc...forget it natural,soggy locks are the look don't even bother with moisturiser it will slide of your face ha ha...but all in cairns is bloody gorgeous and you won't regret your visit, love port Douglas quiet but lovely place. Hope you enjoy it if you want to meet for a glass of wine when your in cairns pm me

Debbs

Hey debbs

yeah ive pretty much accepted now that I'm just going to look like a sweaty mess all the time lol. I always looked bad in Singapore so if it's even worse in cairns then God help me. I'm just going to pin my fringe back!

we're going straight up to port Douglas when he picks me up from airport but we'll be down to cairns in a few days I think so yeah should be able to catch you. That would be nice

I'll find them! :laugh: I'm sure it'll be fine.. Hopefully!

I tbink we're going to spend more time in port Douglas than cairns. He's up there the now and says its a little cooler with the breeze.

Tbh the crowds weren't that bad but we left around 5.30 or 6 I think. Then we went to the hawkers market and I got Dutch pancakes. My friend isn't good for my diet or my purse

Re Betty's Jetty

If you get a chance, head back down for the 8pm laser show, or once its gone dark. I preferred it when it was all lit up.

I'm totally with you on the Dutch pancakes, they are so yum.

They do the sunset markets at Freo too, lovely sitting out on the grass listening to the bands, hearing the sea, eating yummy pancakes:smile:

I was down there today, I think it looks nice, still obviously a lot to do but much nicer than before. My 6 year old had a good time,there was Pirates and Face Painting, the water playpark and another playarea, didnt see your Quokka though Stacey!

I'm not sure where that quokka went. There's a woman behind the board in the picture lol. She was shuffling it along the bridge and we chased her for a picture. I think before me and Louise it was just kids :laugh:

i didn't see any quokkas at caversham today - they were hiding from me!!!

I'm not sure where that quokka went. There's a woman behind the board in the picture lol. She was shuffling it along the bridge and we chased her for a picture. I think before me and Louise it was just kids :laugh:

i didn't see any quokkas at caversham today - they were hiding from me!!!

We passed quokka on the bridge, maybe @Lindor got a photo of it. She was snapping away quite merrily:yes: