My travel thread

Quokka2005

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to add, I know what a goon bag is, but I didn't realise they sold boxed wine in bars

Went to a Xmas dinner at a restaurant on South Bank in my early days here, where a glass of red was $6.....................they didn't even try to hide the fact that they were pouring it from a $7 4litre box. Needless to say, they went bust later.

What's a vodkas cruiser? It's so funny - one of the girls is amazed by the littlest things here like bbq areas at the beach or BYO at restaurants but I've known about them for ages because of here. We've also had a few situations where I'm pretty sure the Australians will have been thinking god stupid poms lol.

That's me just woke up. I feel worse than I did before my nap and my ankle feels really stiff like the way my wrist did when I broke it and didn't go to hospital. I've popped 2 painkillers so we'll see. I'm going for dinner later but only in the hostel so it'll still stay rested. I'm really hoping it's a lot better tomorrow because they are making us walk around half of the city lol

You little Australia expert lol

She's had world class training! :wubclub:

Not sure I would rely on PIO for accurate info a lot of the time. After all according to some posters on here we are all in bed by 9pm, there is no history, no seasons, the country is all the same etc, etc. The list of inaccuracies is seemingly endless.

Not sure I would rely on PIO for accurate info a lot of the time. After all according to some posters on here we are all in bed by 9pm, there is no history, no seasons, the country is all the same etc, etc. The list of inaccuracies is seemingly endless.

Yes, but I am confident our Stacey has sussed out which PIOers provide correct information. :wink:

I'm sitting in the bar with my leg up on a stool and I had ice on it. Trying to explain to the bar woman was really painful, she wasn't Australian and didn't have a clue what I was talking about lol. I'm going to say to the staff at the desk too though incase there's anything they can do for me

I'm sitting in the bar with my leg up on a stool and I had ice on it. Trying to explain to the bar woman was really painful, she wasn't Australian and didn't have a clue what I was talking about lol. I'm going to say to the staff at the desk too though incase there's anything they can do for me

You're supposed to treat a sprain for about 48 hours. Put ice on it 4 to 8 times a day, but only for about 20 mins at a time. You need to strap it up or put a compression (tubagrip) bandage on it - you can buy these at the pharmacy

If it doesn't improve, you're going to have to get an x-ray Stacey

Oh buggar. I'm supposed to be walking for 3 or 4 hours tomorrow. Why am I having such bad luck between this and Santander blocking my bank card this week :(

I don't think i'd be going on the walk tomorrow if it's a lot of activity to be honest if you're still in pain or discomfort.

I was talking to someone and I think I've just damaged the tissue. When I touch it the skin hurts but I don't feel like the actual bones hurt. It's the front of the foot rather than my actual ankle

I suspect that it what it is. It sounds like what I done in Europe several years back. Still had to minimalize weight on the foot for two days. Good luck.

Quite a few of the girls are talking about leaving Sydney and going up the east coast. I'm not going up east Coast but I don't know wether to stay in Sydney or not. It's expensive and I don't know wether I'd even save any money when I work. I really don't want to run out of money and have to go home

Quite a few of the girls are talking about leaving Sydney and going up the east coast. I'm not going up east Coast but I don't know wether to stay in Sydney or not. It's expensive and I don't know wether I'd even save any money when I work. I really don't want to run out of money and have to go home

It has down nothing other than hammer it down in SEQ this last couple of days,so your not missing much at the moment,lol

Cal x

I just don't want to run out of money, so many of the people here have hardly any money left. It seems to eat it. Although they aren't as sensible as me lol. I've spent less money than them I think. But I'm going to sit and make a budget tonight and just search job websites etc while I'm chilling and resting this ankle

Don't do the walk tomorrow perhaps if it's still painful? Just got to Bronte at 8pm so free parking.

It's not the bondi to coogee walk but we've to walk around the city and see the harbour etc. if it's still painful then I'll be leaving it and just going myself when I'm better. It's no massive big deal. It's definitely better than earlier but still hurts a bit.

I forgot to say I had some good food yesterday at a Chinese! It was yum