My travel thread

Quokka2005

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean we check out the coogee hotel and go to wake up. I was drinking in the pavilion tonight. It was sooooooo busy, could barely move. I'll definitely have to be sensible with my money soon and only drink goon if I drink. I only had 2 glasses but I can see how it adds up

I mean we check out the coogee hotel and go to wake up. I was drinking in the pavilion tonight. It was sooooooo busy, could barely move. I'll definitely have to be sensible with my money soon and only drink goon if I drink. I only had 2 glasses but I can see how it adds up

Did you ask about a job there? It looked like it would be busy even when I was there on a Mon or Tues night

:happy_face_mummy_go

If you want to drink cheaper Stacey then most bars - especially backpacker bars - have something called Happy Hour

Drinks are normally half priced or really cheap during HH. Or sometimes you can get free food during HH, if you buy a beer and so on

https://www.thehappiesthour.com/

https://www.thehappiesthour.com/specials/sydney/city/sunday/beer/?source=hp

There was a Kings X bar that I and every backpacker from miles around use to descend on from 5pm - 6pm each night. For one hour each night they had really cheap jugs of beer on sale, along with free nachos served with guacamole, sour cream and melted cheese. It was great.

And some bars have HH actually lasting two hours which makes no sense but who is complaining!

So if you want to have a drink - then save money and only drink during HH.

What's goon?

@Skani Best of it is that it wasn't even when I was drinking! I fell crossing the road when we were walking to get breakfast. I just went right over the front of my foot on the road. Kneeling on the road like a total idiot haha, I was just thinking please don't knock me down! Managed to get up and a man came over to see if I was okay. He shouted over to the girls "I think she's broken her ankle!" :laugh: It feels a bit better now but I'm still not that keen on going out although I do really want to go out and get some pictures

If that's what you call it...bloody awful stuff in the main

Goon to my reckoning was the cheaper cask wine. Gut Rot in other words. Almost undrinkable by most bar the desperate. There is more up market cask wine, I'm led to believe these days, considerably removed from the Goon variety. Certainly not al was bad in the past. Besides have more than a few examples of bottled wine being close to unpalatable.

Goon to my reckoning was the cheaper cask wine. Gut Rot in other words. Almost undrinkable by most bar the desperate. There is more up market cask wine, I'm led to believe these days, considerably removed from the Goon variety. Certainly not al was bad in the past. Besides have more than a few examples of bottled wine being close to unpalatable.

True but my most recent boxed purchase was apparently 'higher end' and was junk. I tend to steer clear of the dirt cheap stuff but some Reliable names can be found for $5-7 a bottle on special. I had land of giants NZ sauv Blanc yesterday it was great. Was $12 on offer

True but my most recent boxed purchase was apparently 'higher end' and was junk. I tend to steer clear of the dirt cheap stuff but some Reliable names can be found for $5-7 a bottle on special. I had land of giants NZ sauv Blanc yesterday it was great. Was $12 on offer

NZ whites are pretty decent. My favourite are from around the Cape area of South Africa though. I would expect little from a bottle under $15 as a rule.

What's a vodkas cruiser? It's so funny - one of the girls is amazed by the littlest things here like bbq areas at the beach or BYO at restaurants but I've known about them for ages because of here. We've also had a few situations where I'm pretty sure the Australians will have been thinking god stupid poms lol.

That's me just woke up. I feel worse than I did before my nap and my ankle feels really stiff like the way my wrist did when I broke it and didn't go to hospital. I've popped 2 painkillers so we'll see. I'm going for dinner later but only in the hostel so it'll still stay rested. I'm really hoping it's a lot better tomorrow because they are making us walk around half of the city lol