UK May General Election 2015

Perthbum

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once again I take your point .....but hundreds of young men and women dying in the armed services in Iraq and Afghanistan is a war crime not a mistake....

Putting the wrong fuel in your car is a mistake....taking a wrong turn is a mistake

I can forgive the economy - but I can't forgive that. But the last labor govt wasn't labor. They were Tory lite. I can't believe it's not Tory!

official polls ....miliband beat cameron

[h=3]Ed Miliband narrowly beats David Cameron in snap poll ...[/h]report24.co.uk/.../ed-miliband-narrowly-beats-david-cameron-in-snap-p...

38 mins ago - An always tense, sometimes disjointed and occasionally cacophonous seven-way TV leaders' debate saw Ed Miliband just shave ahead of his rivals,according ...

[h=3]Ed Miliband narrowly beats David Cameron in snap poll ...[/h]www.demanjo.com/.../ed-miliband-narrowly-beats-david-cameron-in-sn...

3 mins ago - A snap poll for ITV television carried out by polling firm Comres showedCameron, Miliband and the leader of the anti-European Union UK Independence Party, ...

[h=3]Election debate 2015 LIVE: Cameron and Miliband face ...[/h]www.telegraph.co.uk › News › General election 2015

30 mins ago - Election 2015: David Cameron, Ed Miliband, Nigel Farage, Nicola Sturgeon and the other party leaders go head to head in the live debate on ITV - follow latest ...

[h=3]Miliband narrowly beats Cameron in snap poll - Newstral.com[/h]newstral.com/en/article/.../miliband-narrowly-beats-cameron-in-snap-poll

17 mins ago - News that are related to the article The Guardian: «Miliband narrowlybeats Cameron in snap poll» from papers and blogs.

[h=3]Ed Miliband narrowly beats David Cameron in snap poll ...[/h]www.onenewspage.co.uk › UK

11 mins ago - Guardian/ICM post-debate poll shows Miliband winning by a whisker over Conservative leader - by 25% to 24% – with Farage in third and Sturgeon pushing ...

[h=3]Miliband narrowly beats Cameron in snap poll after leaders ...[/h]inagist.com/all/583755301024739329/

34 mins ago - Miliband narrowly beats Cameron in snap poll after leaders' debate | Politics | The Guardian Guardian/ICM post-debate poll shows Ed Miliband winning by a ...

I can forgive the economy - but I can't forgive that. But the last labor govt wasn't labor. They were Tory lite. I can't believe it's not Tory!

I do remember references to them as New Labour, I also remember a journalist saying that the only members of New Labour were those in the Cabinet. Looking from afar though some of the things that they did were certainly not left wing.

The people don't want extreme left wing governments these days.

Both conservative and labor move towards the centre and that is what people want.

Tony Blair won 3 elections before handing over to Gordon Brown who didn't win any.

Tony Blair had some charisma and good looks though which is helpful.

Gordon Brown seemed to be a bit of a numpty.

7 leaders from main u.k political parties,took part in a 2 hour debate last night.

I thought the 3 women did very well.....plaid cymru....snp and the greens.

Currently the snp hold a handful of Westminster seats of the 59 available in Scotland.

After last night I think the snp will decimate labour in Scotland.

Snp leader Nicola sturgeon came across very well and will have a galvanising effect on Scots.

Overall I didn't find it a particularly enlightening debate. I agree that Nicola Sturgeon did pretty well, I didn't think the other women came across very well though. None of the men did very well or particularly badly either (I thought). Nigel Farage was probably hoping to pull something off like Nick Clegg did last time, but I think it would be safe to say that he did not.

7 leaders from main u.k political parties,took part in a 2 hour debate last night.

I thought the 3 women did very well.....plaid cymru....snp and the greens.

Currently the snp hold a handful of Westminster seats of the 59 available in Scotland.

After last night I think the snp will decimate labour in Scotland.

Snp leader Nicola sturgeon came across very well and will have a galvanising effect on Scots.

I think the women really were brilliant last night. Nicola came across well but that's probably biased from me. As I've said before - I really like Leanne woods. I think if I was welsh I would vote for her party. I read some really positive things on twitter last night about Nicola and Scotland in general which was a nice surprise. Lots of people were saying they wish they could vote for her and that the SNP don't seem as bad as the media makes out

I thought Cameron and Milliband showed how monolithic and tribal their parties are.

The election will see a massive change in the political landscape as coalitions are most likely to be the norm from here on in as we have all had enough of finger pointing and hand wrenching.

The SNP did themselves a great favour last night and Tories are all over the press being nice about them this morning. I wonder why that is? I thought Plaid Cymru and Greens did themsleves no harm too.

As for UKIP - they showed how lacking in any policy they really are, and how little they have to offer after blaming immigration, the EU, and foreign aid for all our problems. There was even a bit of thinly veiled homophobia thrown in for good measure to keep the core vote happy too!

As for UKIP - they showed how lacking in any policy they really are, and how little they have to offer after blaming immigration, the EU, and foreign aid for all our problems. There was even a bit of thinly veiled homophobia thrown in for good measure to keep the core vote happy too!

But that issue is huge to so many people and I think they will get a much bigger share of the vote than people are expecting. I think even Labour could be forced on the issue if UKIP get a huge proportion of votes but few MPs the outcry could be too much for Wallace to cope with.

But that issue is huge to so many people and I think they will get a much bigger share of the vote than people are expecting. I think even Labour could be forced on the issue if UKIP get a huge proportion of votes but few MPs the outcry could be too much for Wallace to cope with.

I have made no secret , I and many others will be voting for ukip....its strange that the left hate farage ,but he is right ,big business is bringing in immigrants by the thousands,and its driving down the wages of the resident population ......australia beware

All the hard earned rights and conditions are being lost to zero hours contracts...and if milliband gets in ,he wont change a fat lot,in fact I think of all the people on the podium ,he will take the hit.

I expect ukip to get loads of 2nds and thirds ,and maybe 1-5 seats.

Very impressed with the 3 women though ..as usual the voice of wisdom and reason

I have made no secret , I and many others will be voting for ukip....its strange that the left hate farage ,but he is right ,big business is bringing in immigrants by the thousands,and its driving down the wages of the resident population ......australia beware

All the hard earned rights and conditions are being lost to zero hours contracts...and if milliband gets in ,he wont change a fat lot,in fact I think of all the people on the podium ,he will take the hit.

I expect ukip to get loads of 2nds and thirds ,and maybe 1-5 seats.

Very impressed with the 3 women though ..as usual the voice of wisdom and reason

P.s ....farage wants to bin the e.u and wants to reopen our strong trading ties with the commonwealth.....how sensible