Perthbum

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought you had a set already?

How else can you possibly talk about the UK being full soon?

Ah, more invisible writings! I have never said that the "UK will be full soon", I have asked what people believe the capacity of the UK to absorb immigrants is.

Please quote me if you are going to claim I have said something, it makes for more polite debate.

I have never, nor has anyone else here done any;

"Despite the scaremongering the UK will not go 'bankrupt' if anyone other than the Tories get in."

How else can you possibly talk about the UK being full soon?"

I've never said that either. Why do you need to lie to make points?

Edited by Thom

Ah, more invisible writings! I have never said that the "UK will be full soon", I have asked what people believe the capacity of the UK to absorb immigrants is.

Please quote me if you are going to claim I have said something, it makes for more polite debate.

I have never, nor has anyone else here done any;

I've never said that either. Why do you need to lie to make points?[/color]

Where have I stated that you had said any of those things?

Note to Thom - this is a public board where multiple posters interject. I have replied to specific posts by clicking the 'reply with quote' button. This makes it simple to see who I am addressing.

If there is anything else you need explaining please feel free to ask.

Where have I stated that you had said any of those things?

You didn't, but I assumed you meant me, as I started the thread on UK capacity.

So just to clear up for us, who has claimed: "UK will be full soon"?

And why did you ask; "How else can you possibly talk about the UK being full soon?"

In a reply to me?

I don't think that would be a good idea but I agree with the proposed plan of capping child benefit to 2 children per household (I think it's per household?)

Problem is that it would be grossly unfair to the children to make them live in poverty. Somehow Britain needs to educate that huge underclass it has of the unemployable.

I don't think that would be a good idea but I agree with the proposed plan of capping child benefit to 2 children per household (I think it's per household?)

Child benefit in my opinion should be capped at 2 children, and more strongly means tested.

Currently if one parent earns in excess of £50k per year you lose the benefit (or it gradually decreases to nothing). .. but 2 parents could each earn £49k and they would still be entitled to the full amount.

How is that right?

We've given them free education, we've given them free money, food and housing. How much more can we give before we start expecting?

Well the education certainly hasn't worked. So maybe the answer isn't throwing money but doing more practical courses for the non academic

Cameron never won the Better together campiayn at all.The Scottish dole Blodgers lost the Scottish Independence Vote.Depends on What part of the country you live in.People hate Cameron and all conservatives in the North of England,, Scotland Wales and Ireland.This Government is the Worst in British History.If it hadn't of been for the Lib dems The Tory's would nver get in office ever again.They Ruined Britain last time they were in office.A country without any heavy industries,is nothing,Thatcher got rid of the lot.To appease her beloved EU.If Scotland goes for another referendum.Only those that own their own house,should be allowed to vote!The same as Canada i believe.PLus the Government should stop paying CASH to people on unemployment benifits.They are going to have a trial in Australia.Australians that are unemployed will get tokens to buy food, pay rent and utilities.Australia is awash with people on drugs.

Cameron never won the Better together campiayn at all.The Scottish dole Blodgers lost the Scottish Independence Vote.Depends on What part of the country you live in.People hate Cameron and all conservatives in the North of England,, Scotland Wales and Ireland.This Government is the Worst in British History.If it hadn't of been for the Lib dems The Tory's would nver get in office ever again.They Ruined Britain last time they were in office.A country without any heavy industries,is nothing,Thatcher got rid of the lot.To appease her beloved EU.If Scotland goes for another referendum.Only those that own their own house,should be allowed to vote!The same as Canada i believe.PLus the Government should stop paying CASH to people on unemployment benifits.They are going to have a trial in Australia.Australians that are unemployed will get tokens to buy food, pay rent and utilities.Australia is awash with people on drugs.

Cameron took over a country on the brink of bankruptcy and created one of the strongest recoveries from the GFC in the developed world.

Yet he's been the worst government ever.

You want an attack on benefits.. that exactly what cameron has done. The lowest unemployment in years, scroungers being forced back into work.. A policy to try to free up under occupied council owned properties for families that really need them (the bedroom tax)..

you want labour I assume? Who will throw money at benefits and welfare.. who will bow to every EU demand.. who will borrow more and more money and ruin the English economy for good?

Seems to me you base your support on the name of the party rather than its policies.

Scottish dole blodgers???????

Right now I think it would be worth being banned.

Re his comment on "Scottish dole blodgers" (that's a new term to me... is it a northern one :-) )

Anyway... I think they independence vote was lost across a wide spectrum of people, but if it was influenced strongly by any group it would have been those in business, those who understand the financial risk they would have been putting themselves under. Not "dole blodgers" who would probably have ended up with a better deal.

In any case.... this is about the UK General Election... the Scottish thing has been and gone. Move on...

Is he trying to say everybody in Scotland is unemployed? This place really pisses me off.

Never mind, this is the same guy who ranted about Australia for years and then when he went back to the UK ranted about that too. Obviously just likes a rant :laugh: obviously I don't agree on your views of Cameron but tbh I don't like labour either. It's more a case of the lesser of two evils since that's the only two we can have

Also the idea that only home owners are allowed to vote is cuckoo.

Re his comment on "Scottish dole blodgers" (that's a new term to me... is it a northern one :-) )

Anyway... I think they independence vote was lost across a wide spectrum of people, but if it was influenced strongly by any group it would have been those in business, those who understand the financial risk they would have been putting themselves under. Not "dole blodgers" who would probably have ended up with a better deal.

In any case.... this is about the UK General Election... the Scottish thing has been and gone. Move on...

Move on?? I wasn't the one that mentioned it. God why is it always me that gets told to move on from it when it's someone else that mentions it, usually to make a nasty comment about Scotland. You expect me not to reply to that?

Move on?? I wasn't the one that mentioned it. God why is it always me that gets told to move on from it when it's someone else that mentions it, usually to make a nasty comment about Scotland. You expect me not to reply to that?

The move on comment was to him... not you :-) Apologies for any confusion ;-)

Is he trying to say everybody in Scotland is unemployed? This place really pisses me off.

Never mind, this is the same guy who ranted about Australia for years and then when he went back to the UK ranted about that too. Obviously just likes a rant [emoji23] obviously I don't agree on your views of Cameron but tbh I don't like labour either. It's more a case of the lesser of two evils since that's the only two we can have

Also the idea that only home owners are allowed to vote is cuckoo.

I think so... or certainly that at least just over half of you are :-) .. I imagine in reality it's about 5 / 6 % .. and of that half of them probably didn't bother voting.

In regards to only home owners being able to vote.. lol never heard that one before. If you applied that across the UK you may as well raise the minimum age of voters to around 30..

aye... I know we don't agree on Cameron... but that's what politics is all about.. if everyone had the same views it'd all be very boring. ;-)

your not too bad for a tory lol :cute: other than when you said you hoped we lost for your currency exchange thing :laugh:

Im not sure how many people won't bother to vote. Probably more than last year because some won't see the point. I've never heard of that till today either. I think it might be one of the craziest things I've read on here. On one hand he's blaming the tories so one of those things will be the lack of people able to buy their first house and then he's saying people who don't have a house shouldn't be able to vote. Ok then... :laugh:

It's only been suggested Zack. It's probably going to be discussed but nothing has been decided. Australia has a drug problem but I don't think it's any worse than the UK and probably not as bad as the US.

Cameron took over a country on the brink of bankruptcy and created one of the strongest recoveries from the GFC in the developed world.

Yet he's been the worst government ever.

You want an attack on benefits.. that exactly what cameron has done. The lowest unemployment in years, scroungers being forced back into work.. A policy to try to free up under occupied council owned properties for families that really need them (the bedroom tax)..

you want labour I assume? Who will throw money at benefits and welfare.. who will bow to every EU demand.. who will borrow more and more money and ruin the English economy for good?

Seems to me you base your support on the name of the party rather than its policies.

I'm no expert on British politics but hasn't the UK's debt gone up astronomically under this government? Still rising every day too. Unemployment is still pretty high and that's with the zero hour contracts and low salaries that people are locked into and have to accept, just to keep a job.

I don't think there is a plan to make everyone on unemployment benefits get tokens. They won't be tokens anyway.

There are already some people who don't get the unemployment benefits money straight into their bank account.

It is sad but true that some people cannot manage their benefits and will spend the money immediately on drugs, alcohol and poker machines on the first day leaving nothing for food.

I believe some already get an eftpos card which can only be used in supermarkets for food and the like.

I'm not 100% sure what the Andrew Forrest proposal is but think it is an extension of the current scheme for at risk people, including indigenous, but it won't impact the majority of people who can manage their own money themselves.

I'm no expert on British politics but hasn't the UK's debt gone up astronomically under this government? Still rising every day too. Unemployment is still pretty high and that's with the zero hour contracts and low salaries that people are locked into and have to accept, just to keep a job.

The debt has gone up yes... It was always expected to... but the annual deficit has decreased significantly (that's the amount we borrow each year to stay afloat) ....eventually you end up with a surplus and only then can you start reducing the debt.