UK May General Election 2015

Perthbum

What ed said last night sounded like he was saying he would rather let the tories in for 5 years than work with another left party... If he hadn't lost scotland then he sure has now. I can just imagine jim Murphys reaction. Those veins would definitely have been bulging :laugh:

Forgive my naivety but who is jim murphy Stacey i have been away too long.:err:like you say if ed has said that goodbye labour in Scotland.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim Murphy is the leader of "scottish labour". Lots of people argue that it's all just one and they have to do whatever London says but they try to argue otherwise. Even Joanne Lamont who was the last leader said that it was just a branch and got told what to do by london, she left. Ever since jim Murphy started scottish labours popularity went right downhill, not many people seem to like him

What ed said last night sounded like he was saying he would rather let the tories in for 5 years than work with another left party... If he hadn't lost scotland then he sure has now. I can just imagine jim Murphys reaction. Those veins would definitely have been bulging :laugh:

I'm wondering why Scotland are so anti tory and anti lib dem? Or even UKIP for that matter.

Why has it got to be SNP vs Labour? What's so special about Labour? Haha :P

Do scots think if it's anyone other than those 2 that Scotland won't get enough attention? :S

I'm not baiting, just genuinely curious.

I'm wondering why Scotland are so anti tory and anti lib dem? Or even UKIP for that matter.

Do scots think if it's anyone other than those 2 that Scotland won't get enough attention? :S

Have you ever watched the RAB C Nesbit comedy satire episodes. Watch them and it ill give you your answer am I right stace. Jeese I still chuckle at them episodes now timeless.

Also in Scotland there is only two main parties left snp and labour to fight it out.cons went decades ago and by the sounds if it so have labour, hooray.

What are your views?

I'm obviously not comprehending. I don't think it's healthy to hold grudges on what happened in the past if you're referring to something like that.

I was under the impression the new leaders are a new political generation....not like the old leaders.

What are your views?

I'm obviously not comprehending. I don't think it's healthy to hold grudges on what happened in the past if you're referring to something like that.

I was under the impression the new leaders are a new political generation....not like the old leaders.

? What are my views on which political establishment should govern? It doesn't matter one iota they are all pretty much one cheek of the same arse.new leaders are a new political generation, never heard the saying a leopard never changes its spots.but ....if I had to pick a party too rule... You would have too drag me to the polling booth:laugh: it would be the cons just because from how they have run the economy.

In scotland we only have one conservative MP as far as I know although we do obviously have conservative supporters. They tend to be in rich farming areas or maybe the oil place like aberdeen. UKIP.. They'll have supporters too but I think as a whole scotland seems to have a different view on immigration than england. Also UKIP supporters say things like we are scroungers and they'll stop money going over hadrians wall.. So I don't think they'll be too popular here. Greens are doing better here now so that's another option for people but I know what you mean. I do think it's crap when it's only main parties and it's all about them but SNP seem to do well here especially now. It wasn't always like that though - like I said before.. People say you could put a red rosette on a monkey and we would have voted for it

In scotland we only have one conservative MP as far as I know although we do obviously have conservative supporters. They tend to be in rich farming areas or maybe the oil place like aberdeen. UKIP.. They'll have supporters too but I think as a whole scotland seems to have a different view on immigration than england. Also UKIP supporters say things like we are scroungers and they'll stop money going over hadrians wall.. So I don't think they'll be too popular here. Greens are doing better here now so that's another option for people but I know what you mean. I do think it's crap when it's only main parties and it's all about them but SNP seem to do well here especially now. It wasn't always like that though - like I said before.. People say you could put a red rosette on a monkey and we would have voted for it

We will continue our discussion on Fb unless I raise something else that you want to reply to :P

I think it's going to be pretty mixed results! I'm really interested in what's going to happen.

Ill reply again on here so people don't think I'm ignoring you lol. The attention thing.. Well no I don't think scottish conservatives would stick up for scotland and I certainly don't think UKIP would! It's not about attention, I just want scotland to have more power over its own affairs. I don't see what's wrong with that and I can't understand why people don't agree.

? What are my views on which political establishment should govern? It doesn't matter one iota they are all pretty much one cheek of the same arse.new leaders are a new political generation, never heard the saying a leopard never changes its spots.but ....if I had to pick a party too rule... You would have too drag me to the polling booth:laugh: it would be the cons just because from how they have run the economy.

I think more people should be passionate about politics and voting, too much apathy, it's depressing to see and hear.

Ill reply again on here so people don't think I'm ignoring you lol. The attention thing.. Well no I don't think scottish conservatives would stick up for scotland and I certainly don't think UKIP would! It's not about attention, I just want scotland to have more power over its own affairs. I don't see what's wrong with that and I can't understand why people don't agree.

What affairs exactly? I mean what does Scotland think it's not having enough power over? I need to learn more about it all really before I can say whether I agree or not!

I can't make a judgement on something i don't know much about.

Don't worry about it lol I need to learn to discuss things with people who don't agree with me without getting annoyed or huffy haha. Basically things like welfare, tax, etc. We got these smith commision proposals and they sound good to some people but when you look carefully westminster still control something like 70 or 80% after these powers. So it's hardly the equivalent of what most people imagined. The people who voted no want more decent power too so I'm not sure how they feel about the current proposals. Which from what I read a while ago might not even pass. If that happens I really don't think that will go well for the union.

I'm the same as you - there's still loads I need to learn. At least young people are starting to get more involved - that can only be a good thing :)