Get together in Bristol Postponed - Saturday 16th August

Guest John from Moneycorp

Guest The Pom Queen
Don't worry @The Pom Queen, I have been watching lots of survival programmes recently and I know how to track down any non-attendees. I have whips and I'm not afraid to use them :jimlad:.

I know it's really bad, but I keep remembering my grandmother (aunt's mother) who fell and broke her hip and then because they couldn't operate as my grandmother was so frail, she died from septicemia. But she was 98 not 86 so I think my Aunty will be alright.

Give her a hug from us :hug:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok all since the last name check it seems a few have gone AWOL. It is a great opportunity to meet up with fellow members and people who you have a lot in common with. Maybe you are a returnee or someone heading to Australia and looking for information, friends etc. The Perth meet up was wonderful and we all had a great time. If I was well enough I would fly over myself but can't at this stage.

So again please can I ask how many of you are attending so that John as some idea of how many to cater for. :hug:

Hey Pommie Queen - Bora is still down to make it. I'll be there.

Guest The Pom Queen
I was down as a tentative, but I haven't secured a job yet and can't be gallavanting off to Bristol spending money. Will look forward to the next one! Have fun.

Of course you can, you will need some me time :wink: Miss you :hug:

Guest The Pom Queen

It is with deep regret that we have to postpone the pomsinoz meet up in Bristol which was going to be on the 16th August due to a number of members being unable to attend. This is such a shame as I think it would have been a great way for a lot of us to catch up, share stories and find out more about Australia.

I would like to thank John at moneycorp for offering to provide free food and drinks for this meet.

Hopefully we can arrange another one in the near future, if anyone has any ideas, dates etc please let me know.

It is with deep regret that we have to postpone the pomsinoz meet up in Bristol which was going to be on the 16th August due to a number of members being unable to attend. This is such a shame as I think it would have been a great way for a lot of us to catch up, share stories and find out more about Australia.

I would like to thank John at moneycorp for offering to provide free food and drinks for this meet.

Hopefully we can arrange another one in the near future, if anyone has any ideas, dates etc please let me know.

Ah that's a shame! Come to Perth again instead ! You know we'll be there with knobs on! :wink::jiggy:

I'm so sorry that I had to cancel and what a shame that it was postponed as I'm sure that there were many members who were looking forward to it. As it is, I will be away in London for those few days, including the 16th August as I really really must go and see my Aunt and I have told her today that I will be coming next week. I'm feel terrible letting everyone down and can only apologise again to John :hug:

That a real shame - I wasn't going to be able to come as I had already arranged something for that weekend - maybe if its reorganised it could be for a little further ahead, to give more notice? I'd love to go to a do like this. I agree about the venue - Bristol is a bit out on a limb? Birmingham or Liverpool may me more 'get-atable?'

Can we have another one in October, November or December!

Eeeek we could have a xmas one:jiggy:

I must admit the Midlands works better for us, but it was not location that has stopped us. Its just gone crazy this last few weeks for us, 2 last minute wedding invitations, a degree ceremony and I am having to do all of the house decorating as DH is still struggling with his back from the accident so its taking longer/eating up more weekends than I hoped before we can go to market.

So sorry John :hug: Will 100% clear the diary for the next one.

That's a shame but understandable if numbers are low....but disappointing for those that had made the day free ! I for one have turned down other things to attend the day as I'm sure others who confirmed may have.

Might be worth when organising the next one suggesting a proposed date, create a reply by deadline, assess confirmed numbers by deadline date, and secure date if numbers are adequate, all with plenty of time remaining. If numbers are not justified do the same with another date.

No ones disappointed then.

Guest John from Moneycorp

Hi all

Just to echo Kate’s comments that it’s a shame that we had to postpone the get together.

The number of confirmed attendees were so low that it seemed sensible to postpone for another time. As the event came closer, only 1-2 members confirmed they could come – apologies if this caused anyone any inconvenience.

We are very keen to arrange a get together soon and we will keep everyone updated.

Thanks

John

Guest The Pom Queen

Bora, I do understand but there was only yourself and one other member that was going to attend and unfortunately the numbers (which we had asked for prior to organising and setting a date) dwindled as time went on. If there would have been 10 interested then I'm sure we would have continued but unless you can eat or drink for 50 people and enjoy your own company it wouldn't have been much of a get together.

We cannot make people attend so the ball really is in the members court. I feel sorry for John who had kindly hired the venue and arranged the food and drinks.

This sort of thing happens at work all the time when you plan an activity.

Initially every one is all for it and says they're in.

As it gets closer the excuses come out and it whittles down one by one.

It will always happen, and it will happen next time too.