Get together in Bristol Postponed - Saturday 16th August

Guest John from Moneycorp

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to see what money is like nearer the time. I'm not sure I'm going to have enough in the bank for the train ticket. I haven't worked this month because of this poxy chest infection (yes, 4 flipping weeks I've had it now but at least it's going) which means no wage in Aug. :-/

I'm going to have to see what money is like nearer the time. I'm not sure I'm going to have enough in the bank for the train ticket. I haven't worked this month because of this poxy chest infection (yes, 4 flipping weeks I've had it now but at least it's going) which means no wage in Aug. :-/

4 weeks :err: That sounds rough hun, have you had antibiotics? hope you feel better soon :hug:

4 weeks :err: That sounds rough hun, have you had antibiotics? hope you feel better soon :hug:

Awwww. Yes thanks. Finally gave in last Monday (after having a gastro bug over that weekend too) and felt absolutely terrible. Had antibiotics for a week. Finished on Sunday. Still coughing but feel 80% better. I really must go sooner next time. Kept telling myself it's just a cold. Erm sats of 94% at the docs. Not good!

Awwww. Yes thanks. Finally gave in last Monday (after having a gastro bug over that weekend too) and felt absolutely terrible. Had antibiotics for a week. Finished on Sunday. Still coughing but feel 80% better. I really must go sooner next time. Kept telling myself it's just a cold. Erm sats of 94% at the docs. Not good!

Crikey, not good at all hun, bless ya. Glad you are starting to feel better, but take it easy. It can take a while to get over things like that so make sure you look after yourself. And yes go to the doctors sooner next time :wub:

Hi all - for those who can't make this get together, we can always have another one at a future date.

Appears we still have a decent number who are keen for this - therefore it's still on and we've got the room booked out at Goldbrick House.

Thanks

John

Edited by John from Moneycorp

Hi lads, unfortunately I just can't get the time off work for this one. Really sorry. Would have been great Craic.

Enjoy it and maybe I'll see you at another one sometime! xx

Your coming to another one that I can go to even if I have to come to Devon and drag you there lol xx

I feel so guilty now!

You couldn't predict the future,that you'd be moving etc,nobody has died,and the meet still goes ahead,no one could foresee what they'd be up to so far ahead,circumstances change,finances change,you're the one who suggested it,but "all" of us liked the idea,and it was me who suggested Bristol too,and i might not be able to go,as we've discussed.

So well done you!, on organising a long overdue meet up for all the ones who can still go :)

If there is one in the winter ill be more than happy to come, i'm sure my financial situation will be a bit better by then!

But thanks Pabs.

It's only the truth Stace:smile:,winters not good for me tho tbh,i'm a pariah,so will be in the beer garden with my steely arse :wideeyed: stuck to an iced up bench smoking a bifter(i know,i know!),and drinking too much scotch to warm up:cute:,while all you lot launch vol au vents at me out of the warmth of the pub:no:

Hi everyone

Just a reminder on the get together.

For those attending, there will be free drinks and food on the day.

Thanks

John

Guest The Pom Queen

Ok all since the last name check it seems a few have gone AWOL. It is a great opportunity to meet up with fellow members and people who you have a lot in common with. Maybe you are a returnee or someone heading to Australia and looking for information, friends etc. The Perth meet up was wonderful and we all had a great time. If I was well enough I would fly over myself but can't at this stage.

So again please can I ask how many of you are attending so that John as some idea of how many to cater for. :hug:

I do think it is unlikely that I will be attending simply because my aunt that I was meant to go and visit during August has fallen and broken her hip. She was scheduled for surgery this morning but due to complications, surgery has been rescheduled for tomorrow. At 86 years old, it's not good to break your hip, so I hope you all understand that right now, my thoughts are that I won't be attending as I really do want to go and spend some time with her before I leave for Aus. Sorry to let you all down :hug:

I'm afraid I'm likely to be a no sorry :cry: (I was down as tentative and was hoping to make it but it's looking less likely now as I have to go for a little op earlier in the week) . Hope everyone that does go has a fab time xx

Edited by louisella

Guest The Pom Queen
I do think it is unlikely that I will be attending simply because my aunt that I was meant to go and visit during August has fallen and broken her hip. She was scheduled for surgery this morning but due to complications, surgery has been rescheduled for tomorrow. At 86 years old, it's not good to break your hip, so I hope you all understand that right now, my thoughts are that I won't be attending as I really do want to go and spend some time with her before I leave for Aus. Sorry to let you all down :hug:

Look you were going to be the life and soul of the party, everyone was coming to see your sexy shoes. Now they know you aren't going they are all backing down :tongue:

Seriously, sorry to hear about your Aunt hope she gets well soon.

Look you were going to be the life and soul of the party, everyone was coming to see your sexy shoes. Now they know you aren't going they are all backing down :tongue:

Seriously, sorry to hear about your Aunt hope she gets well soon.

Don't worry @The Pom Queen, I have been watching lots of survival programmes recently and I know how to track down any non-attendees. I have whips and I'm not afraid to use them :jimlad:.

I know it's really bad, but I keep remembering my grandmother (aunt's mother) who fell and broke her hip and then because they couldn't operate as my grandmother was so frail, she died from septicemia. But she was 98 not 86 so I think my Aunty will be alright.