Get together in Bristol Postponed - Saturday 16th August

Guest John from Moneycorp

This sort of thing happens at work all the time when you plan an activity.

Initially every one is all for it and says they're in.

As it gets closer the excuses come out and it whittles down one by one.

It will always happen, and it will happen next time too.

Didn't happen at the Perth meet, it was a great turnout

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel terribly guilty as @Bora was gonna do a breakfast and everything the next day, but I've booked (train) tickets now to go and see Aunty and apparently it's all she can talk about so I can't say now that oh yeah I'm coming down but disappearing for the weekend whilst lumbering you with the kids! Well, I could, but I won't :wink:

I feel terribly guilty as @Bora was gonna do a breakfast and everything the next day, but I've booked (train) tickets now to go and see Aunty and apparently it's all she can talk about so I can't say now that oh yeah I'm coming down but disappearing for the weekend whilst lumbering you with the kids! Well, I could, but I won't :wink:

No worries Pommie Queen, the emotions have subdued now to a mere ear steam! It was impossible to get to the Perth doo while I was still in AU so to see one on my doorstep in Bristol with so many interested had me bursting with excitement, so much so, and stay with me on this one, me and moving to Tasmania were going to do do some naked instant whip wrestling in a huge feed bin, wernt we moving to tasmania !!!! Andd you wonder why I was dissapointed !

No worries Pommie Queen, the emotions have subdued now to a mere ear steam! It was impossible to get to the Perth doo while I was still in AU so to see one on my doorstep in Bristol with so many interested had me bursting with excitement, so much so, and stay with me on this one, me and moving to Tasmania were going to do do some naked instant whip wrestling in a huge feed bin, wernt we moving to tasmania !!!! Andd you wonder why I was dissapointed !

And that was BEFORE breakfast !

Guest The Pom Queen
Can we please organise another one?!

If you can get together a minimum of ten people and an area then we can look in to it. So come on Stacey its your turn to organise this one :tongue: or even @Bora or ANYONE :laugh:

If you can get together a minimum of ten people and an area then we can look in to it. So come on Stacey its your turn to organise this one :tongue: or even @Bora or ANYONE :laugh:

Okay I'll try and organise it when I'm back lol or at least help. If they down turn up I'll go down and kick their ass :laugh:

Bora, I do understand but there was only yourself and one other member that was going to attend and unfortunately the numbers (which we had asked for prior to organising and setting a date) dwindled as time went on. If there would have been 10 interested then I'm sure we would have continued but unless you can eat or drink for 50 people and enjoy your own company it wouldn't have been much of a get together.

We cannot make people attend so the ball really is in the members court. I feel sorry for John who had kindly hired the venue and arranged the food and drinks.

can we arrange another one for Perth ............this time we would probs stay the night in the City rather than have mrs tonyman drive , some great bridges for shelter ..............

Guest The Pom Queen
can we arrange another one for Perth ............this time we would probs stay the night in the City rather than have mrs tonyman drive , some great bridges for shelter ..............

I will see what I can do but I don't see why not, maybe around the same time/date again would be good.

Birmingham is great for meet ups because its so central (well I suppose the name Midlands is a clue :-) Just had a meet up with friends from online Uni site ... in Birmingham. Lots of decent hotels at reasonable prices, fairly compact city centre, doesn't wander on for miles like London. How about it?

It's all my fault really, I still feel guilty for letting John organise everything, it was my idea to get everyone together. I just moved out last week though and don't have a penny to my name at the moment!

Don't be soft Chickadee. It's no one's fault - just bad timing really and poop happens.

There will be another opportunity to get together and run amok......just make sure it's around July next year ?

Okay I'll try and organise it when I'm back lol or at least help. If they down turn up I'll go down and kick their ass :laugh:

Stacey I'm happy to help organise with you, how's that? So when 3000 members turn up at the venue and they no nothing of us, we can share the blame !! PM me with your number and I'll give you a call :)

Guest The Pom Queen
It's all my fault really, I still feel guilty for letting John organise everything, it was my idea to get everyone together. I just moved out last week though and don't have a penny to my name at the moment!

Stop being such a big head, do you think because you couldn't attend it had an affect on everyone else attending? Now please stop feeling guilty it's not your fault.