What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our animal courier has booked our little girl´s flight for the 2nd April from Heathrow to Sydney, where she will spend her quarantine, poor thing. I can´t wait to see her, and take her for the lovely long leisurely walks along the sea front.

Really do miss her, but it won´t be too long now.

Well I've been quite busy in the last week, hence not posting for far too long!

We've had another 'see you soon' visit, I've been to AH do get our 3 Aussie passports done, sold our stupidly large climbing frame, given three full car lads of bits to friends/family, a charity bag full, booked the council in to collect a fridge, freezer, solid oak desk (too heavy for me to dump!) and our dishwasher for tomorrow, thrown ridiculous amounts of bits, managed to find homes for the kids bikes and care seats, sent the in laws off with a packed suitcase for when we stay there before were off and a whole lot more. Would type but a friends just pulled up...... Wonder what I could palm off :0)

AC

Guest fayevans

Well today I think it might be a good idea to start looking for a new way to get to OZ?? my husband sat his IELTS test on Saturday, he said there isn't a cat in hells chance he has scored the straight 8 or above he needs to get our points up to 65 :mad:. I can't believe we have managed to run a successful business here in the uk for the last 20 years would have over £500,000 capital to take if we got in but all in vein because he has to pass an English exam, does anyone know of another way to get the extra 5 points we need to qualify??? because an English IELTS general test is not the way forward for us. There was a plumber .....aged 28 who was sitting his 4th test, he had past all 4 parts on different occasions but still had to take the whole test again each time, we have shelled out over £4,000 to our migration agent whom we told point blank my husband was terrible at English?? but she said we would manage it, ok maybe if you only had to score a 4/5 not an 8 which means someone with outstanding English, feel miserable, I know we could make a new life in OZ I just wish it wasn't so difficult to pass the exam .............

Guest tandcmum

how do you all have visas in your passports? it said in our grant letter we didn't need one we just rock up at hte airport and hand over passport and their elcetronic system knows we are entitled to be there, i presume then we will get a visa in our passports??

please tell me i'm right, we only have 6 weeks before we leave

No you don't need them as it is all done electronically but they are handy to carry for ID purposes when you get there for driving licence, rentals etc. (Handier than a grant letter print out anyway!)

If you want them you have plenty of time, it only takes a week. You send your passports off Special Delivery and include another Special Delivery envelope to get them sent back.

I posted ours on the Saturday and they were back on the following Thursday.

Guest tandcmum

well the shippers are coming in 2 days, guess who will be up all night on wednesday sorting out stuff. Luckily both me and hubby are off work so we can give the shippers stuff as we go to pack, i'm sure it will be fine

Actually now i'm sick of organising stuff, i wish i could just lock the door behind me and get on the plane, not sure i can wait another 6 and a bit weeks

Guest tandcmum
No you don't need them but they are handy to carry for ID purposes when you get there for driving licence, rentals etc

we will get some form of stamp in the passport though won't we?

Guest tandcmum
No you don't need them as it is all done electronically but they are handy to carry for ID purposes when you get there for driving licence, rentals etc. (Handier than a grant letter print out anyway!)

If you want them you have plenty of time, it only takes a week. You send your passports off Special Delivery and include another Special Delivery envelope to get them sent back.

I posted ours on the Saturday and they were back on the following Thursday.

is that australia house in London you send them to? what else do you need to send?

Well today I think it might be a good idea to start looking for a new way to get to OZ?? my husband sat his IELTS test on Saturday, he said there isn't a cat in hells chance he has scored the straight 8 or above he needs to get our points up to 65 :mad:. I can't believe we have managed to run a successful business here in the uk for the last 20 years would have over £500,000 capital to take if we got in but all in vein because he has to pass an English exam, does anyone know of another way to get the extra 5 points we need to qualify??? because an English IELTS general test is not the way forward for us. There was a plumber .....aged 28 who was sitting his 4th test, he had past all 4 parts on different occasions but still had to take the whole test again each time, we have shelled out over £4,000 to our migration agent whom we told point blank my husband was terrible at English?? but she said we would manage it, ok maybe if you only had to score a 4/5 not an 8 which means someone with outstanding English, feel miserable, I know we could make a new life in OZ I just wish it wasn't so difficult to pass the exam .............
Sorry I've got no Idea how you can get the 5 extra points, but you haven't got the results back yet so I hoping (fingers crossed) that you have passed. If not practice and try again!

Nearly 3 weeks after going on the market and I've finally got my 1st viewings for the house tomorrow...fingers crossed and here's hoping.

We had our first viewer on Saturday after 1 month on the market. We're having an open day this Saturday so really hoping that someone falls in love with our house!!!

Well, the last 7 days have been quite busy! Received my OH's docs from Oz, Visa application posted, CO assigned and police checks and Meds requested. Today I have sent off for my police check and tomorrow my 2 boys and I have our medicals!

:biggrin:

It's been all go!! This stage of the process has happened much quicker than I expected. Once our medicals are done and the police check is sent off to AHC I'm sure I'll be biting my nails down to cuticles, tearing my hair out and complaining about the lack of progress/communication!!!

But until then I am very happy indeed!! :biggrin:

Nearly 3 weeks after going on the market and I've finally got my 1st viewings for the house tomorrow...fingers crossed and here's hoping.

We had our first viewer on Saturday after 1 month on the market. We're having an open day this Saturday so really hoping that someone falls in love with our house!!!

Our viewings in the last week and a half have been zilch after a flurry of eight in the first two weeks ! :mad:

I would have thought so but not sure what it will say, not sure it will state the visa class or that you are permanent residents ???

Linky :

http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/visaevid.html

Just send with visa grant letter, contact details and SAE.

I don't have a stamp/visa in my passport either. I'm sure that if you keep your visa grant letter and provide that with your passport, it would be enough. It might be worth doing a few copies of the letter tho!!

I've *almost* finished tiling the kitchen, just one side of the back door reveal left to do. Then, just finish tiling the bathroom, fit the kitchen finishing bits, try and get the camper conversion finished (and maybe sold), get the kit car finished and on the road, finish decorating the lounge, replace the lounge carpet, get rid of old stuff we don't want / need anymore... Not sure that list is ever going to end!

Am tearing my hair out with these useless rental agents. Not funny.:dull:

Everything I have read about rentals on PIO appears to be very true, not amusing in the least.:dull:

Hard work, demoralising, humiliating and impenetrable agents with viewing times in the middle of the week when people are at work :arghh:

Good luck to anyone looking for a rental, the 100 points applies to everyone over 18 even housewives.

If anyone wants to know more ... just PM me please

Archived