What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anorak question Shoes.:embarrassed:

Which aircraft are you flying on for the main drags?:wubclub:

I know it would be nice to fly in a 'Stay Up There' plane,:laugh: but is it 747, A380 etc?

Cheers Tony.

Hi Tony,

Sorry just seen this ...... I flew the main drag on the new A380 really good, but the Singapore to Brisbane was a 330 or 320 not as comfy

Well ........ there is nothing else I need to do now to get myself to OZ because I got here this morning.

Good luck to all you guys out there with your plans ............................... x x

Well the relationship doesn't have to end now that you have arrived in Oz. We really want you to keep posting on this thread your day to day accomplishments on what you have done to get your life back to normal on other side of the world!:em3600:

Today I attended the meeting that had been arranged for me with the recruitment representatives of an engineering company. My first thoughts are that it went rather well.

In the email requesting the meeting I was told it would be an informal chat about my skills and experience, and when we met they said “we’ll just take five minutes of your time.” In the end it turned out to be an hour of what I can only describe as a full on interview, with notes being taken and questions covering the full spectrum of an interview. So I’m actually feeling quite optimistic, especially as I liked the sound of the company and the two representatives were very pleasant. So here’s hoping. :biggrin:

Today I attended the meeting that had been arranged for me with the recruitment representatives of an engineering company. My first thoughts are that it went rather well.

In the email requesting the meeting I was told it would be an informal chat about my skills and experience, and when we met they said “we’ll just take five minutes of your time.” In the end it turned out to be an hour of what I can only describe as a full on interview, with notes being taken and questions covering the full spectrum of an interview. So I’m actually feeling quite optimistic, especially as I liked the sound of the company and the two representatives were very pleasant. So here’s hoping. :biggrin:

We crossing fingers and holding thumbs for you!!

Well the relationship doesn't have to end now that you have arrived in Oz. We really want you to keep posting on this thread your day to day accomplishments on what you have done to get your life back to normal on other side of the world!:em3600:

Cool ....... and there was I thinking you would all be making a huge sigh of relief :biglaugh:

I am sure I will have many funny stories to report .... plus strange goings on ..... like the rugby referee who likes to stand outside the bedroom window blowing his whistle at 5 am in a morning :laugh: only to realise that there are load´s of these rugby ref´s and they are called BIRDS :laugh:

Just had my breakfast ..... a bowl of Kellogg´s Rice Crispies .... I treated myself to breakfast on the terrace surrounded by the sounds of whistling birds ..... and a view of the local hospital (where we are staying temporarily) only to find that the Kellogg´s Rice Munchies, which are in a very similar box to the UK ones taste nothing at all like my old favourites, :rolleyes: but I won´t let a little thing like this get me down, I will get used to the taste of the OZ Rice Crispies, if I don´t there is always toast :biglaugh:

I take the view that I am now living in Australia so really need to get on with eating local brands. After a while my taste buds wont know any difference :laugh: I tried to local brand of Ginger Beer almost as soon as my domestic flight landed here, now that was delicious :cool:

Guest tandcmum

really need to do something, house is still a tip, shippers are coming 2 days later now which is better as I'm a day off. we are now 6 and a bit weeks away from leaving, notice is handed in at work, worrying i won't love my new job :(

I haven't done much in terms of getting myself to Oz lately after getting my IELTS results in the post a week ago! This morning, my husband emailed the center where he took his IELTS as he still hasn't received his grades yet! Scandalous!! Oh and I got invited to a group interview for a part time position at the shops here to hopefully earn a bit of money whilst writing my thesis! I'm a bit nervous about it as it's in Dutch and I'm not very fluent and will be surrounded by more fluent Dutch speakers also vying for the same position!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I watched a Kylie and Jason song today and it makes me want to go to Australia even more the talent they have there is incredible. Lol

Yesterday our relocation grant was reimbursed, so this means now that we can get on with preparing our little girl for her trip down under to join us. She needs four blood tests I think .... praying that she is clear on all of them.

My OH transferred some of the relocation money to his mother so that she can get on with the tests, and pay the vets bills. It looks as if all being well, our courier will be booking her flight for 1st April ...... :jiggy:

Archived