What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

OOoops too late for me, not been before but money spent !:laugh:

Finally two positive viewings last Saturday and yesterday, the one yesterday said they would have offered on the spot if they had sold, oh well another tonight who are proceedable so all dangly bits crossed !

We've not had any viewings yet for our house and just looked at web stats and was sorry that I did as no-one has viewed except for us lol!! just want everything to hurry up so we can get moving :eek:.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had some feedback about our house viewings last Saturday. The first couple, who spent an age looking around, are not interested, but the second couple who were here for all of five minutes liked it and, depending on their sale, could be back in touch. I think I'll believe it when I see it.

Yesterday I received an email about a job I'd applied for asking if I could meet up with the companies representatives who will be over here for some expos in a few weeks. I replied saying yes and today I received a confirmation email for the meeting.

Hopefully things have started to moving in the right direction now.

OOoops too late for me, not been before but money spent !:laugh:

Finally two positive viewings last Saturday and yesterday, the one yesterday said they would have offered on the spot if they had sold, oh well another tonight who are proceedable so all dangly bits crossed !

Unlike the Young Lady in question , Chardy you are to old to mess around with things like Reccies, as I'm sure you realise the clock IS ticking! Luckily I have done your Reccie for you! You will be fine M8 so don't worry.:biglaugh:

Unlike the Young Lady in question , Chardy you are to old to mess around with things like Reccies, as I'm sure you realise the clock IS ticking! Luckily I have done your Reccie for you! You will be fine M8 so don't worry.:biglaugh:

I thank you kind Sir for performing that task for me (especially spending your money on it instead of mine :laugh:

As for the clock ticking.................is that bathroom finished yet ? I'm getting you put on the market on Friday !

I thank you kind Sir for performing that task for me (especially spending your money on it instead of mine :laugh:

As for the clock ticking.................is that bathroom finished yet ? I'm getting you put on the market on Friday !

Gee Mrs Weazel your voice has got low! :biglaugh:. I have ordered a BIL for tonight to do more tiling! Cheers off to paint more doors

Guest Chantel
We've not had any viewings yet for our house and just looked at web stats and was sorry that I did as no-one has viewed except for us lol!! just want everything to hurry up so we can get moving :eek:.

Really hope that it picks up for you and you get super speedy genuine interest asap!

Guest Chantel
We had some feedback about our house viewings last Saturday. The first couple, who spent an age looking around, are not interested, but the second couple who were here for all of five minutes liked it and, depending on their sale, could be back in touch. I think I'll believe it when I see it.

Yesterday I received an email about a job I'd applied for asking if I could meet up with the companies representatives who will be over here for some expos in a few weeks. I replied saying yes and today I received a confirmation email for the meeting.

Hopefully things have started to moving in the right direction now.

So those Expos DO work and ARE genuine!!! :biggrin: Hubby has been saying for a few weeks that he'd like to go.

that's excellent news for you! Well done! Go give it your best shot!

Guest Chantel
Gee Mrs Weazel your voice has got low! :biglaugh:. I have ordered a BIL for tonight to do more tiling! Cheers off to paint more doors

LOOOOOL :laugh: Does that BIL come with popadoms???

So those Expos DO work and ARE genuine!!! :biggrin: Hubby has been saying for a few weeks that he'd like to go.

that's excellent news for you! Well done! Go give it your best shot!

Thanks for your encouragement although I'm not actually going to any of the expos, they want to meet with me near to where I live 'cos they'll be passing through on their way as they liked my CV and want to interview me.

I can't speak for the expos in March as the I've only been to one which was an invitation only one last year and it didn't tell me anything I hadn't already found out on the internet or from books. Having said that I think there are a number of people who have ended up with jobs and relocation packages as a result of going to these expos so it might be worth a shot.

Guest Chantel
Thanks for your encouragement although I'm not actually going to any of the expos, they want to meet with me near to where I live 'cos they'll be passing through on their way as they liked my CV and want to interview me.

I can't speak for the expos in March as the I've only been to one which was an invitation only one last year and it didn't tell me anything I hadn't already found out on the internet or from books. Having said that I think there are a number of people who have ended up with jobs and relocation packages as a result of going to these expos so it might be worth a shot.

Thanks Fox. That's great that they are coming to you. Wishing you all the best! :yes: I was encouraged to find out that real reps go to the Expos. :biggrin: Might let him go :wink: he does already have some leads and contacts so might persuade him to leave it. He'll be right! :cool:

Although I feel like I have done loads to get to Oz today, I don't think any of it will actually get me there!

Northwood viewed the property, not sure about them, he's emailing the quote. :err:Had to turn other letting agent away as the terms and conditions on our consent to lease make it impossible for them to market our property. :realmad:Have another agent viewing the property tomorrow, and I registered myself and my OH as landlords (although I stuffed it up and had to phone the local authority to ask them to fix it!) :laugh:

Glad the rest of you are having better luck than us... If it weren't for PIO I would have gone insane by now!!

Chin up AJW.

We got our visas in 2008 and for one reason or another we are only now in a position to make the move. Our house has been on the market for 9 months and we've only seen any interest in the last month. Keep at it and I hope things work out for you.

Thanx Fox... Wish we had more time to keep the house on the market, but OH has 61 days to get to Oz and start work or else they will cancel his contract.

I don't work as I have 2 young children, so can't pay for the mortgage while he's gone. We have to rent, no other choice. Needless to say we will now not be getting our equity out of the sale and therefore have no money to take to Oz with us. It's a nightmare really...

Hope you get your sale soon. The market is awful, well where I live anyway...

You should really do a reccie before spending loads of money training, getting a Visa and setting your heart upon moving to Oz. TV paints a very conformist picture of Australia where everything is neat and dandy. TBH if I only had TV to go on I do not think that I would be emigrating, the wonderful thing for me is that Australia is better then TV

TBH I'm sick of living in the UK lol! and I've been doing lots of googling for the past couple of years i.e looking at house prices (realestate.com.au), seeing what kind of vacancies they have in the Early years sector over in Oz (seek.com.au) and how they work with children in general. Also constantly looking at the immigration website (immi.gov) to see what has changed for visa requirements and what news there is about immigration. Done quite a lot of google earth on some possible areas I'd like to live when I finally begin applying to go down under. Trying to save up for a holiday to australia either this summer or next summer now :cute:

Getting a nervous tummy! Daughters last day in school, hand back rented house at 2pm. Meal out tonight with in laws and then lazy day tomorrow. Need to move things around cases, do last of washing, then off to the hotel for flight on Friday morning. Excited!! X x

Guest Chantel
Getting a nervous tummy! Daughters last day in school, hand back rented house at 2pm. Meal out tonight with in laws and then lazy day tomorrow. Need to move things around cases, do last of washing, then off to the hotel for flight on Friday morning. Excited!! X x

That is REALLY exciting! Enjoy your last couple of days in the UK! :biggrin:

Guest Chantel
I may have moved us further from Oz today :grumpy1 figured out that they need tilers in Canada too so now have to look into that!

I really had got used to the idea of good weather and less snotty noses!!!!

See what they have to say at the work abroad expo at the weekend!!!

Your heart is the keeper of answers. Trust your heart and follow your nose. Your destiny is calling you.

Guest tandcmum

we have 2 weeks until the shippers come, going to have to make a start on sorting out what we are sending. think i may go and have a sort through the several bags of teddies and see if i can reduce it a bit. No point doing it when daughter is here as none of them will end up inthe charity bag. i also need to fiull another couple of bin liners of clothes out of the wardrobe, keep thinking i'll have nothing left but it doesn't seem to go down any, and hees me claiming i dont have any clothes...lol

we have 2 weeks until the shippers come, going to have to make a start on sorting out what we are sending. think i may go and have a sort through the several bags of teddies and see if i can reduce it a bit. No point doing it when daughter is here as none of them will end up inthe charity bag. i also need to fiull another couple of bin liners of clothes out of the wardrobe, keep thinking i'll have nothing left but it doesn't seem to go down any, and hees me claiming i dont have any clothes...lol

I've got my youngest at home today, so there's no chance of ditching some toys! I've got rid of loads (without telling them!). But typically they've asked where they are...... Argh..... They've not played with them for sooooo long, why now :-/

On the upside to having her home is I can sit here on PIO whilst supervising her with a cardboard box and scissors :0)

AC

Guest Chantel
Woo hoo.... Passport forms are here (after ordering blank ones yesterday), maybe they got the hint that I wanted them in a hurry :0)

Just need to get them signed.

AC

About time! :wink: Glad you got them in time!