What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Guest anitaw
we are currently down in yorkshire visiting some family members, i've bought a dress for my leaving do at work, other than that i have done nothing towards getting to Oz. Shippers come a week tomorrow so the next week will be sorting everything out ready for them to come, then everything that is left will either have to be sold, packed or binned.

Next week we will also start getting in touch with council tax, virgin media etc and tell them our leaving date, looking at most of things like elctricity etc we will be in line for refunds which is all good.

don't forget your kitchen stuff! I moved 15 years ago and still use my le creusets, wooden spoons, cutlery, crystal glasses. There is nothing better than cooking and eating items from crockery etc. that came from home. I still do it, love OZ but love the things I brought from home too.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from my medical. Took one and a half hours to get there and I have now been declared in 'Good Shape!' :wink:(It feels really good to have someone official tell you that!)

Just need to get my teacher friend to endorse my photo for police check, then everything is all done.

Its getting closer!:cool:

Just got back from my medical. Took one and a half hours to get there and I have now been declared in 'Good Shape!' :wink:(It feels really good to have someone official tell you that!)

Just need to get my teacher friend to endorse my photo for police check, then everything is all done.

Its getting closer!:cool:

Fantastic, Keep the progress up.

Sent passports of to Australia House on Saturday and just checked, they were signed for yesterday morning so hopefully will be visa stamped and on their way back soon...........5 passports are not cheap to replace !!

Researched car prices.........:eek:........liked the Holden Captiva until I Googled it followed by "problems"..........now off the list !

Maybe a Toyota Kluger if we can find one cheap enough, failing that a Hyundai Terracan.......a budget of $15k doesn't buy much in the way of a seven seat SUV !

Guest tandcmum

nightmare call to virgin media to cancel our services, was over 20 mins on phone and couldn't get through to them that we were leaving the country and no we didnt want 12 months at half price, or a mobile phone. Hopefully tho that is it cancelled as of a month today which is where we are paid up to, best go cancel direct debit now before they try to pull any funny business. so no interent for the last 20 days of being in the uk, wondering if it is worth getting a PAYG dongle or wether our mate next door might let us tap into his wireless for a few weeks

Guest tandcmum

think i might go delve into my wardrobe again and sort of the shoes and bags,most again are for charity but i have a few pairs which are coming with me, most in plane luggage tho as opposed to in shipping

Researched car prices.........:eek:........liked the Holden Captiva until I Googled it followed by "problems"..........now off the list !

Maybe a Toyota Kluger if we can find one cheap enough, failing that a Hyundai Terracan.......a budget of $15k doesn't buy much in the way of a seven seat SUV !

You should have thought about Car prices before planning those Romantic evening eh!:biglaugh:

Well I have weighed my case at least 20 times now .......... Checked I have my passport and marriage licence in my handbag at least 4 times and put all my tickets in order ......... Just waiting for my lift to the airport, but before I leave I thought I would treat myself to a tin of Heinz Mushroom soup, let's hope I don't spill any of it on my skirt :rolleyes: or I will have to get

have a great flight love shoes, all the best xx

Thank you ...... I think once my case has been weighed I will relax and the penny might drop that this is IT the big move to OZ ...... My MIL and my Son have just rung me up to wish me a safe trip & asked if I was all excited ......... Maybe once I check in I will be

Guest AKA63029

Anorak question Shoes.:embarrassed:

Which aircraft are you flying on for the main drags?:wubclub:

I know it would be nice to fly in a 'Stay Up There' plane,:laugh: but is it 747, A380 etc?

Cheers Tony.

Anorak question Shoes.:embarrassed:

Which aircraft are you flying on for the main drags?:wubclub:

I know it would be nice to fly in a 'Stay Up There' plane,:laugh: but is it 747, A380 etc?

Cheers Tony.

Hey Bud how are your plans coming along?

Well I have weighed my case at least 20 times now .......... Checked I have my passport and marriage licence in my handbag at least 4 times and put all my tickets in order ......... Just waiting for my lift to the airport, but before I leave I thought I would treat myself to a tin of Heinz Mushroom soup, let's hope I don't spill any of it on my skirt :rolleyes: or I will have to get

J

just wanted to wish you all the best, safe journey enjoy the flight and enjoy your new life!!

Today I made cup of tea followed by cup of tea and cup of tea and more cups of tea - for the carpet fitter! I have never known anyone drink so much tea!!! Anyhow carpets are down and look ok so will hopefully do the trick to help sell the house (fingers crossed!) Though actually looks so nice that we might just stay here? Smidgen of cold feet to be honest :rolleyes:

Today I made cup of tea followed by cup of tea and cup of tea and more cups of tea - for the carpet fitter! I have never known anyone drink so much tea!!! Anyhow carpets are down and look ok so will hopefully do the trick to help sell the house (fingers crossed!) Though actually looks so nice that we might just stay here? Smidgen of cold feet to be honest :rolleyes:

Know how you feel! It'll be gorgeous for the next person....

Some friends popped in to have a look at the finished result and the husband asked "Is it hardwearing?" to which I replied "Like I care! I won't be here!" Mega bravado considering how wobbly the job search is going :chatterbox: still, Rome wasn't built in a day! lol

Today I have done nothing to get to Oz and have decided to put an end to the to and fro with the case officer. They will be not getting any more further info apart from another letter from my former boss saying there is no more they can provide.

So they can just go ahead and reject the visa if that is what they are going to do and then we can get on with our lives.

3 years, 7,500 pounds and about 400 documents compiled. enough

Wishing all you guys the best with all your apps and journey to Oz

Millie x

Today I have done nothing to get to Oz and have decided to put an end to the to and fro with the case officer. They will be not getting any more further info apart from another letter from my former boss saying there is no more they can provide.

So they can just go ahead and reject the visa if that is what they are going to do and then we can get on with our lives.

3 years, 7,500 pounds and about 400 documents compiled. enough

Wishing all you guys the best with all your apps and journey to Oz

Millie x

Oh Millie you can't give up now! After everything you have done...

Guest tandcmum
Worn out with it all Heather; might feel differently in a month or two but for the moment, had it

Hope you get yours soon

Millie x

hang on in there Millie, it is a horrid long slog of a process but try and remember why you started it in the first place. You do sound very burnt out though and maybe a few weeks just chilling and not getting stressed about it might be the answer, fingers crossed this last document you send will finalise everything and you get your visa very soon xx

Guest tandcmum

today I am feeling totally overwhelmed again, i'm busy working, hubby is busy working and we are not getting anytime together to sort out anything. I have rang the shippers and asked if we can push back collection date a few days and waiting for them to get back to us, nothing that is going is essential anyway so if it arives a week later it wont matter to us. Im going to go and quickly rattle off my notice for work and then i am going into town to have a nice lunch and a natter before i go to work.

It will all come together eventually i know but today I don't have that vision, tomorrow is another day

Archived