What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Guest Chantel
Just watched the clip, she sounds like an amazing person. you should all be really proud!

Aaaaaawwww bless. My MIL is a super cool gem. She really enjoyed the fuss and the experience but was also very nervous! :cute:

how's things going for you?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chantel
Hi Chantel, I was thinking the other day hadn't seen any of your posts lately, am really glad you are BACK and fighting and determined to get there!!!!

I could not watch the link here from Spain, but congrats to your MIL.

Still sifting through the paperwork here - if I have to shuffle another bit of paper I am gonna scream. Don't feel like we will ever get there at this rate. Spoke to agent and he says all good and stop having a panic attack about the SkillsSelect, he has had a few meetings about it and he said not as bad as people think, so here's hoping he's right.

Thank you :wubclub: and thank you for thinking of me.

Paper work is excruciatingly annoying! :mad: I am quite sure that it is just there to put us off! lol Everything will be just fine. What skills are you transfering?

Hey shoes! :cute: been a while, soooooooo happy that you are there and smiling and things are slotting into place for you. How is everything? How was your reunion with hubby?

Hi, Missed seeing you on PIO glad you have decided to continue with your plans to move to OZ.

The reunion with my OH was cool thanks, the usual :wink: after so many weeks apart, but it is funny how we have just slipped back into our old ways, who said romance was dead :rolleyes:

Glad we got that house, we move in two weeks today, but God know´s when our furniture will be arriving, it arrived on OZ at the weekend, but has to make it´s way to us, plus we have Easter which may or may not hold it up, hope it does not.

Waiting for the blood test results for our little girl, they should be any day, praying they are all clear, if so she is on her way 1st April, flight booked, quarantine will be booked as soon as we have the results.

Can´t wait to see her, but still it is ages off, because of the quarantine, but better late than never.

You take care, and keep me posted on your plans ...

x x

Guest tandcmum

I really don't feel like i have done very much over the past few days since our shipping went, house is still a tip. We are rented accomodation here in the UK but the washing machine blew up last week, landlords have quickly replaced it and now the oven has stopped working, also the toaster went pop over the weekend so we are living off food that can be done in the microwave or on the hob...lol

Have got someone to buy our main pieces of furniture, and i think a girl at work is going to take our tropical fish, i have a 4 day weekend this weekend and i think we will just have real good blitz artound the house and do some tip runs and charity shop runs and then i might get the cases out and start packing

Well I passed my IELTS test, I have started the process of getting my NSW State Sponsorship together. My ACS Skills Assessment has changed to finalised! So hopefully I will get confirmation of my job category in a few days, if it goes against me, then its going to be an application to the state of Victoria...

Also speaking to Iron Chef about shipping the car over, buying stuff for shipping and spoke to a financial company in aus last night about contracting options! Busy times!

I seems like ages since I last posted my progress which I believe (as Chantel has reminded me) was when I was still plastering the bathroom, well thank goodness the plastering is complete and 3/4 of the Marble tiles have gone up. I relaid the paving slabs in the driveway so that they don't look like sea ice during the Arctic spring thaw and I have also created a paved area in the back for the washing line (Windy Dryer). The Skip was taken away and I am back to carting rubbish to the dump again which is a real inconvenience for me and the Dust man that has to empty my wheelie bin that is full of rubble.

Yesterday I booked and appointment for the estate agent to come around on the 2nd April to sort out initial paperwork to sell the house! I cannot believe that I have to pay £250 up front for advertising, photos, energy assessments etc. The photographer is coming around on the same day and I believe he is a professional so he better not pitch up with a point and shoot or there will be hell to pay. The energy assessment is being done on the 27th.

There is so much still to do and making lists are next to impossible so I have started drawing mind maps to help me get a grasp of tasks still to complete I found some neat mind map software Freemind (Share / Freeware) for my Ubuntu PC and I believe that it also comes in a windows flavour see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeMind and the download http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Download. Here is my Mind map for finishing the house

Thingstodobeforesellinghouse.jpg

So if I can pull it off it will give me 2 weeks to sell the house before flying out to Perth on the 16th April ........... .......... ............:shocked::shocked:........... ....... ......... .:biglaugh:................ for a reccie! :twitcy:

I hope to spend the time it takes the house to sell (after we come back from the reccie) enjoying a UK summer and doing all those thing we haven't done and wanted to do for the last 10 years of living in the UK.

£250 !! how much of that is the energy assessment ?

We paid £127 for the "Premium listing" on Rightmove and the first set of glossy brochures.

That mind map is really scary, I had a list like that but then decided at least half of it really didn't need doing - maybe I should start doing one for the actual Oz move.

£250 !! how much of that is the energy assessment ?

We paid £127 for the "Premium listing" on Rightmove and the first set of glossy brochures.

That mind map is really scary, I had a list like that but then decided at least half of it really didn't need doing - maybe I should start doing one for the actual Oz move.

Dunno but the energy assessment is included , with Pro Photos ( I own the copyright) and Brochures with site plan. Strangely Rightmove was that same price + £50 for a premium listing. I was pretty interested in going with Rigtmove until the Agent came round he didn't even look at the back garden before trying to sell us his"Package"

I don't expect to finish everything on the list but it gives me and Idea what is the most important things to do in the time that I have! Saying that I better go and do some of them!:biglaugh:

Guest Cup Cake

I've been downloading my Visa forms, still waiting on my skills assesment result but trying to be one step ahead of the game....which isnt too hard considering all the waiting time!

I love this thread (I'm only a newbie so not been watching it very long though). It keeps me motivated. I get overwhelmed by all that there is to do and I feel like we aren't getting there. But I guess it's just one step at a time. I must be patient.

Hi Millie,

It is soooooooooooooooo easy to get discouraged and fed up and down hearted. Follow your heart, not your tired feet or your aching head. Your heart knows best!

Aww thanks Hun for the nice message

Still suspended in the visa ether. At least they have stopped asking for further info so that's something

Millie x

I phoned HR at work today to ask about a reference of work history as it's part of the skilled work assessment. I thought I was asking for something really obscure and was quite nervous actually, trying to explain what I meant but turns out they have a standard template they can just send out without any hassle so got it sorted straight away with all the information I needed! Mini win :laugh:

Nearly got all my paperwork together to submit to CPA for my skills assessment and my skilled work assessment. Happy with my progress so far.

Guest tandcmum

well it was bound to happen, i am full of a stinking cold and fluey type bug, I'm not suprised as i do feel generally run down and have not been sleeping well. 3 shifts left to do at work this week then i have 4 days off, the weather is supposed to be lovely so we will chill, maybe go for a wee day out on sunday and get on with some house clearing. 5 weeks on friday till we fly and i am beyond excited, it can't come quick enough now

well it was bound to happen, i am full of a stinking cold and fluey type bug, I'm not suprised as i do feel generally run down and have not been sleeping well. 3 shifts left to do at work this week then i have 4 days off, the weather is supposed to be lovely so we will chill, maybe go for a wee day out on sunday and get on with some house clearing. 5 weeks on friday till we fly and i am beyond excited, it can't come quick enough now

I believe it is ...........................................in OZ:biggrin:

Guest tandcmum
I believe it is ...........................................in OZ:biggrin:

mmm unfortunatly Townsville the weather has been a bit pants this last week with floods and tornados but it looks like it is fairing up now. Mini heatwave forecast for us in Scotland this weekend, tropical highs of 16/17...lol

mmm unfortunatly Townsville the weather has been a bit pants this last week with floods and tornados but it looks like it is fairing up now. Mini heatwave forecast for us in Scotland this weekend, tropical highs of 16/17...lol

17C how are you going to bear it ? Everyone is saying what wonderful weather we are having in the UK, Yeah sure! We have had a couple of Half days of sunshine and today it is, no surprises here, overcast and grey Blah!

Guest Chantel
I love this thread (I'm only a newbie so not been watching it very long though). It keeps me motivated. I get overwhelmed by all that there is to do and I feel like we aren't getting there. But I guess it's just one step at a time. I must be patient.

That is the menace on my shoulders at the moment, the feeling like you are not getting any where, it can really dampen your spirit. But all in all, as you say, with every little step regardless of how big or small we get a step closer to stepping on the plane and flying the skies. PIO is fantastic and a huge thank you to MrWebWeazel who started this exceptionally popular and magnificent thread! :biggrin:

Guest Chantel

Wow! 5 weeks will FLY by :yes: How soooooooooo very exciting! :ssign19: All of the night shifts and restlessness will soon be over and the beginning of the rest of your life can commence!

Guest Chantel
Sunny here and looking like it's going to reach the dizzy 18C they forecast !! :evilface_frowning_s

amazing what a bit of sunshine can do for the human spirit! :cute:

Guest Chantel
Aww thanks Hun for the nice message

Still suspended in the visa ether. At least they have stopped asking for further info so that's something

Millie x

Yes, that's good news. I really hope that it all starts coming together for you. When it does, it will all be worth it. All things worth having come with a bit of a battle, but it is persistence and perseverance that brings the victory. :cute:

Fur baby went for the 30 day bloods, separated all my make-up case so I can transport the liquids ( massive pain in the a** ) in my check in luggage. Watched TV for hours and going to have a bottle of wine and plan my last day of packing tomorrow. Shouldn't being Irish give me rights to call in leprachauns to help or something?

Archived