What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tandcmum

managed to sell the TV to a friend, going to put the bits of furniture we haven't managed to get rid of on gumtree. Looked at getting iphones unlocked but thinking it might just be a hassle and we might just sell them and just get a cheapy PAYG when we land until we are settled then we will look at getting new smartphones over in Oz, unless orange will unlock my phone as they are supposed to.

Found out our shipping hasn't gone yet despite being packed quite a few weeeks back, so as it is still there we are taking the opportunity to add a coupleof extra boxes to it, so we are going to be managing on a couple of tatty plates till we leave.

In all honestly i can see the hours and the minutes fleeing past me at a rate of knots and i'm getting a bit wobbly

case officer for aphra has all the right documents so i am assuming it wont be long.. had a telephone interview monday so wait to see if i got the job and a bank statement arrived and i have some regular money building up in my oz account.. maybe i will take the weekend oz free and eat chocolate in my fingerless gloves and pjs :)

Today we took out house off the market because we have had a couple of silly offers and we don’t think that we will get the price we need to make the move. We did the sums and have worked out that if we sell our house in the current market we would land with very little or nothing to our name and we would have to start again from scratch, and then if it didn’t work out we would have to come back and start from scratch again.

However, this is not a negative thing as we have decided to spend a little money and do a bit of work in order to prepare the house for rental, which means we will still land with very little but at least we will have a safety net back in the UK if things don’t work out down under, and if things do work out then we can always sell the house when the market is buoyant again.

So a slight delay to the move but a good decision for the future.

At least you've had offers, we have viewing number 10 tomorrow morning, fingers crossed again !

Unfortunately we are stuck here without selling as can't even afford the flights at the moment........so renting just isn't an option even if we wanted to.

We are moving our lives to another country so don't need any safety net in the UK !

At least you've had offers, we have viewing number 10 tomorrow morning, fingers crossed again !

Unfortunately we are stuck here without selling as can't even afford the flights at the moment........so renting just isn't an option even if we wanted to.

We are moving our lives to another country so don't need any safety net in the UK !

Did you look up as my post went over?

OMG......................we just accepted an offer on our house after some tough negotiating !

Now the fun starts especially as they want to complete in 6 weeks and we have nowhere lined up to live.........yet !

Woo hoo.... Massive congrats Chardy. That's fantastic news!

AC

I have watched Relocation Down Under, a bit of Bondi Rescue and then Nothing To Declare (a man almost got fined at melbourne customs for not declaring his nuts). So what have I done to get myself to Oz today????? Absolutely NOTHING!!! I needed a day off!

Guest nimhug

This weekend, I've down-sized my belongings! OH flies to Oz in 4 weeks so moving into a small single rented room ;-( feels great getting rid of all your stuff, I highly recommend it!

Guest tonichesh

hours of research into where in oz we would qualify for a visa, online assessment and booked a phone call for tomorrow with a migration expert,....oh and took lots of notes on the skills assessment, as well as hounding the lovely members on this forum for info xxxx

I didn't do this today, but on Friday but totally forgot to post it online!

We booked our tickets with Malaysian Airlines for our reccie trip in July/August! I saved my miles for about 6 years before I was able to exchange 2 one way business class tickets from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur for me and my husband and then subsequently was able to book a flexi return flight KL-Sydney/Melbourne-KL and one way back from KL-Amsterdam! We were only able to fly in those 3 weeks in July as that's when my husband's company allowed him to take his leave so was lucky to get it for a relatively great price thanks to miles!

Also spoken to my cousin who lives in Canberra for recommendations of things to see and do in Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne!

July can't come any sooner! :jiggy:

OMG......................we just accepted an offer on our house after some tough negotiating !

Now the fun starts especially as they want to complete in 6 weeks and we have nowhere lined up to live.........yet !

OMG thats fantastic news mate , woooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooo .

over the moon for you :-)

today i will be getting on with house renovations in prep for my sale , put a completly new bathroom in , re vamped the kitchen and 2 bedrooms so far , lots to do but it will set me up in oz so must think positive , I also have the lovely Mrs Fabricator ot help out so things are getting done much quicker :-0)

seriously looking forward to oz :-)

lee

Hi Guys, just wanted to apologise for not checking in as often as I used to, but to be honest it has been a bit mad ..... I had to find a rental and then I found one, then a bit of a lull and then the move, all systems go.

So I thought I would take a quick peek and make sure that you are all progressing, Chardy great news on the house, congrats to you all for getting your heads down & getting closer to OZ, it all is worth it, honest, we love it, and I am going to say it out loud:

I WISH WE HAD DONE IT YEAR´S AGO ................... :wink:

Been to the beach today, it was lovely, just seeing people out & about make´s one hell of a difference, it seems to be getting hotter here than cooler, winter is a step around the corner, but to me this is a lovely temperature, who can complain at 31 degree´s ......

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Love from Love Shoes :hug: to you all.

Hi Guys, just wanted to apologise for not checking in as often as I used to, but to be honest it has been a bit mad ..... I had to find a rental and then I found one, then a bit of a lull and then the move, all systems go.

So I thought I would take a quick peek and make sure that you are all progressing, Chardy great news on the house, congrats to you all for getting your heads down & getting closer to OZ, it all is worth it, honest, we love it, and I am going to say it out loud:

Been to the beach today, it was lovely, just seeing people out & about make´s one hell of a difference, it seems to be getting hotter here than cooler, winter is a step around the corner, but to me this is a lovely temperature, who can complain at 31 degree´s ......

Hi loveshoes

Could you PM me the details of approx costs for your dog shipping and who you used please, we have a Bichon and have decided to take her...

Rock on!!

Research research and more research!

Sorted out a call back from an agent to discuss our visa application so hopefully we'll be called back in the next few days!

Still not 100% on where we want to be but pretty sure we wanna be in Sydney!

Researched cat quarantine and flights which looks as if it's gonna be one of the more tricky aspects of the whole process but the pics of the quarantine place put me at ease, it looks really nice actually!

V v v exciting, I love dreaming, really hope it all comes true! :D

Archived