Congrats bdobson and Saddington42! :D

and Lway you must be delighted it got lost in the post! :P

fingers crossed for some movement for the rest of us next week! :D

Caz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cazbob

hehehe, it's ok! we're off to Adelaide as you've spotted so it's through the melbourne office.

as u may also have spotted my nomination took over 3 months to come through so i'm dreading that the visa may take a similarly epic amount of time! :(

was your nomination quick?

hehehe, it's ok! we're off to Adelaide as you've spotted so it's through the melbourne office.

as u may also have spotted my nomination took over 3 months to come through so i'm dreading that the visa may take a similarly epic amount of time! :(

was your nomination quick?

My nomination went in the same day as my application so really quick, but as I said before, the company have sponsored lots of poms before so maybe that helped.:confused:

Lynda

Guest Revs30

Wooooooooo!

Ok, feeling really fortunate right now!

Got nominated and sponsored 21/02/2011

Filled our part in and sent online 03/03/2011 (Application received - processing commenced)

Just did our daily check and we have all been approved!!!

Unbelievably quick turn around!!!!!

Wooooooooo!

Filled our part in and sent online 03/03/2011 (Application received - processing commenced)

Congratulations and celebrations.

Guest cazbob
Wooooooooo!

Congrats!!!! :jiggy:

Hi Robarts family

I sent all necessary documents to case officer then heard nothing until I emailed him to check if there was any progress after 2 weeks and he replied:

"Sorry to inform you that there is no movement from Immigration at this stage.

It has been taking about a month for the case to be allocated so we are looking at another couple of weeks until I hear word back from Immigration.

We of course will keep you informed if anything happens."

I didn't even get a TRN to check myself online! Then I got the email yesterday to confirm our application had been approved. Our agent did say tho, that once the application had been 'picked up' by a case officer, the processing times were usually less than a week as the waiting is usually the allocation of the application to a case officer.

I suppose every situation is different as ours was a pretty straight forward application, no medicals required, no additional info requested etc. So I suppose we were pretty lucky. The company my OH is going to work for has sponsored quite a few poms before so maybe that helps, although I'm not sure.

Hope this helps xxx

Lynda

Hi Lynda thanks alot for your reply thats very helpful. Can I ask another question... Did you just get travel insurance or actual private health insurance as it says you have to have some kind of health insurance when applying I have not done this as yet as was not sure if I could just get travel insurance from the UK??

Thanks again

Jo

x

Guest Revs30

Jo,

We just got basic travel insurance to cover us for a few months while the visas were being processed and to get us over there.

Visas were granted today so looks ok, will cancel it once there and then get health insurance.

Hope that makes sense :wink:

Yo Yo all in waiting,

Update: 34 days since application, nothing to report. Bah!!!

Is there any way of speeding this 457 decision up bejainey?

Any opinions will be appreciated.

Kbo (bored with everything)

aawww.. It will come kbo... ours only went in on 14th March, and I'm already losing the plot! Dont know if to pack or not/to give notice at work or not... hardest part for me is not knowing what i can and can't arrange (at all this after only a week.. not much hope for me!!)... I don't even go to the loo before bed now.. then I know I will have to get up to go in the middle of the night, and can have a quick check of emails..(sad eh!)

Guest Revs30

Sit tight people, it will happen soon.

I was checking even when i woke throughout the night!

Can't do anything to speed it up so just try to relax and wait, it WILL happen

:hug:

Guest Lway_2000

Hi guys,

Thanks for the support yeah Cazbob so glad it got lost in the post! Now I can check every 5mins online hehe!!! I hope it speeds up for all ;) I'm glad I found this site - nice to know I'm not the only crazy person checking it every 5 mins!!! Xx

Guest Revs30

Was literally checking ever hour or so throughout the day and struggled sleeping with me thinking about it all so was checking whenever I could throughout the night on my phone!

So glad it's all come back approved and can now plan everything!

Applied 03/03/11 so others can't be far off surely?

aawww.. It will come kbo... ours only went in on 14th March, and I'm already losing the plot! Dont know if to pack or not/to give notice at work or not... hardest part for me is not knowing what i can and can't arrange (at all this after only a week.. not much hope for me!!)... I don't even go to the loo before bed now.. then I know I will have to get up to go in the middle of the night, and can have a quick check of emails..(sad eh!)

Thank Youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! for the support,

I dont wee until middle of night either, but then again I dont go to bed until the middle of the night/early morning.

Ya see I am in training for when I am back in Oz:

Kbo's Oz Boot Camp

1) I stay awake all night and sleep all day here in Ireland to get used to the time difference for when i'm back in Oz.

2) I pretend its really sunny outside when its actually raining, I wear shorts and shades around the town in sub zero conditions.

3) I asked for a Pure Blonde at the bar instead of a Guinness, hence the black eye from disgruntled bar woman (Tesco bottled highlights in hair at time of impending punch).

4) Wearing of suction pads on feet for ability to walk upside down on ceilings for obvious reasons (down-under for the less educated).

5) Turning up to G.A.A training with a egg shaped ball instead of a round ball, dropped to the bench because I kept kicking behinds.

6) Trained the dog to hop on two legs.

7) Voting for Julia Gillard in the Irish General Elections earlier this month.

All work and no play makes Rolf Harris a dull boy

Going insane, dont mind if i do!!!:wacko:

Was literally checking ever hour or so throughout the day and struggled sleeping with me thinking about it all so was checking whenever I could throughout the night on my phone!

So glad it's all come back approved and can now plan everything!

Applied 03/03/11 so others can't be far off surely?

THIS is why I love this place. I thought I was obsessed lol.

Really pleased for you. I have to say at this point, I have kind of assumed that the 457 will come through in time. I've allowed 9wks, it's a straight forward application, and I need to book flights and shipping. :no:

Guest Revs30

Our sponsor told us it would take around 28 days so was well chuffed when it happened in 17! Looking at flights now for May as have to give a months notice to work.

Not sure what airline to go with though??

Singapore

Quantas

Virgin

Emirates

Never flown with any of these operators before and want to pick the best one for us as we have a 3 year old and a 1 year old to try and entertain for hours!!!!!

I think last night was my worst for checking. Must have woken up four times and checked on my phone to the inevitable disappointment. It's only been just over a week but I can't help it. Desperate now 'cos I just hate the limbo. Got the quotes for the shipping, had the rental agent out, got the car up for sale and just waiting for a green light to get booking things in.:twitcy:

Hi all,

My company had to start the process for the 457 from the first step as they had never sponsored anyone. After filling out the forms and creating an training program for Kiwis, on 28/02/11 the sponsor was submited though the Chamber of Comerce in Perth. The nomination and visa were applied on 10/3/2011. Now I am in the limbo, but I can see that they are currently analyzing the visas applied on the 3rd of Feb, so it's taking between 16 to 20 days if no more documents are needed.

Hope so!

Guest mc00060

Hi Lexi

Just joined the forum and this is my first post! Couldn't resist as my husband is a Civil Engineer and he is waiting for his 457 and he works in Newcastle! We have been told by the agent that it should take about a month.

Debra :smile:

Guest Revs30
Hi Lexi

Just joined the forum and this is my first post! Couldn't resist as my husband is a Civil Engineer and he is waiting for his 457 and he works in Newcastle! We have been told by the agent that it should take about a month.

Debra :smile:

Hey Debra!

All the best for the big move, are you selling up or renting house out as a backup plan?

Also what region are you moving to?

Welcome to the Forum!

This place is riddled with nice folks and excellent advice etc, enjoy :wink:

Hi all,

My company had to start the process for the 457 from the first step as they had never sponsored anyone. After filling out the forms and creating an training program for Kiwis, on 28/02/11 the sponsor was submited though the Chamber of Comerce in Perth. The nomination and visa were applied on 10/3/2011. Now I am in the limbo, but I can see that they are currently analyzing the visas applied on the 3rd of Feb, so it's taking between 16 to 20 days if no more documents are needed.

Hope so!

Hi Walber,

Welcome to the madness, I am about 36 days waiting at this stage and no further documents have been asked for thus far. I notice you said that they are checking visa's submitted from the 3rd of Feb, where did you find out such valuable information? You got a lead on the inside? Looks good from your companies side to get the paperwork done swiftly, well done thoses guys!!

Kbo

Guest mc00060

Hi

We're moving to North Sydney - still trying to work out all the suburbs! Bringing our 9 yr old son as well so need to be in good school area. We will have the company apartment for the first month.

Got the house up for sale - only had one viewing so far with another one booked for Saturday. If we don't sell we'll put it up for rent.

Don't really think it has sunk in that we really are doing this!

Debra

Archived