457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cazbob

The applications go to a centre of excellence according to where the head office of your company is based:

Centres of Excellence:

Sydney CBD - Australian Capital Territory and Queensland

Melbourne - Northern Territory, South Australia, Tasmania and Victoria

Sydney Parramatta - New South Wales

Perth - Western Australia

so if you're going to Sydney to work for a Sydney based company you'd be through the Sydney Parramatta office.

:D

EDITED: swapped you over to the parramatta section of my previous post there! :D

Hi all,

Does anyone know.... Can you get a job just through searching on the internet and get a 457 if you have no formal qualifications...? I know this may sound a bit crazy but hubby's over 20 years experience in construction at supervisor/manager level and just wondered if it's possible?

Any help appreciated.

I like your determination Sue. They should give you a visa just because you're trying so hard! I've no idea how hard it must be or feel so I hope it really works out for you, Emma.

Guest Lway_2000

Hey people,

I just thought I'd update- nomination received 28/02/11- Nomination approved 14/03/11!!! Yay!!! I sent my paper application 10/03/11 so should arrive today or tomorrow? Fingers crossed for more quick processing!! Woop woop ;)

Guest Lway_2000

Thanks!! Congrats Steen! Working over the weekend that's good for us! I'm off to Sydney Cazbob so Parramatta office! The nomination was really quick hey? 14 days! I'm so hoping that they keep up the fast movement!! ;) xx

What jobs are you going to do Cazbob & Steen? X

Well I'm doing all the work applying for Visas etc but it is in my wife's name heading the application up as she has the job offer and she works as a Pharmacist. She has an offer at a place in Sydney she worked at when we were on a WHV a few years ago.

I myself work in IT and hopefully it won't take too long to pick up some work once I get there.

We spoke with the employer last night and it looks like it's going to be the 6th June for her to start as unlikely we can get everything in place for a 9th May start as hoped - have to start when 'orientation' days are happening. So a bit of a longer wait but still very excited about the nomination being approved :biggrin:

What about yourself?

Guest matu78
Name: matu78

CoE: Perth

Destination: Perth

Sponsorship Approved: n/a

Nomination Approved:

457 Application: 19/01/2011

Well stone me if my status has just said applicant approved 14/03/2011, thats a tad under 8weeks. Congrats to all that have got theirs thru this weekend!!!:biggrin:

Guest Lway_2000

Hey Steen,

Well I had a WHV in 2009 to early 2010 (just did bar work buy loved it there!). My brother is actually in IT recruitment in Sydney, so I can give you his contact details? He'll find you a great job I'm sure? My job is in recruitment as well but it's general insurance.. I went out on holiday all of feb and was looking around & had interviews! Let's hope my determination pays off long term :) xx

Hey Steen,

Well I had a WHV in 2009 to early 2010 (just did bar work buy loved it there!). My brother is actually in IT recruitment in Sydney, so I can give you his contact details? He'll find you a great job I'm sure? My job is in recruitment as well but it's general insurance.. I went out on holiday all of feb and was looking around & had interviews! Let's hope my determination pays off long term :) xx

Well as it happens I work as a Business Analyst in the Insurance industry so will be looking for a BA position and ideally again in the Insurance industry. Would be great if you could PM his details over? I'll be updating the old CV over the next couple of weeks.

I'm sure as long as we're all determined and work hard it will pay off big time! That's our outlook.

Congrats Matu and good luck getting organised now.

30th January I submitted my 457 application, was asked for one further piece of information which was provided on 5th march, still no news and leave my job in UK on Friday...

Yeah my Mrs leaves her job tomorrow. Though delays by the employer submitting the nomination are to blame rather than any delay by DIAC.

sadly the same can't be said for my employer, I'm just sitting in limbo! I'm wondering whether because I have a spouse coming with me it's taking longer. I submitted a further piece of info on the 28th Feb thinking that would be the end of it, but still waiting..... good luck with both of yours and hope it comes soon.

sadly the same can't be said for my employer, I'm just sitting in limbo! I'm wondering whether because I have a spouse coming with me it's taking longer. I submitted a further piece of info on the 28th Feb thinking that would be the end of it, but still waiting..... good luck with both of yours and hope it comes soon.

An awful feeling! Employer should have done nomination at beginning of Jan and we handed in the notice then as were on 3 months notice. They didn't do it until 17/02!

Hang in and it all be worth it.

Hi All..

We are abit confused here...our application is being done via an agent in Perth (by the employer).. We have sent them all our info, and last night got email saying application submitted, with our reference to check on immi site.. (which says application fee paid, application received and processing commenced).... so what part is this.. is this the part of waiting for nomination or visa? (the employer has sponsored before).. We also got an email off the employer saying hope to see you in 3-4 weeks...

Any idea to help me know how far along we are? Thanks.

Guest cazbob
Hi All..

We are abit confused here...our application is being done via an agent in Perth (by the employer).. We have sent them all our info, and last night got email saying application submitted, with our reference to check on immi site.. (which says application fee paid, application received and processing commenced).... so what part is this.. is this the part of waiting for nomination or visa? (the employer has sponsored before).. We also got an email off the employer saying hope to see you in 3-4 weeks...

Any idea to help me know how far along we are? Thanks.

it should say at the top of the form once you've entered your details:

Application 457 Business Long Stay Primary

I would advise checking with your agent to see if the nomination has been approved yet or not though, just to be sure!

Caz

Hello.

New to this site but thought I'll had our experience of the 457 application:

457 application lodged on 16th Feb (by the employer)

Visa granted 4th March.

This is with melbourne office.

Good luck to those still waiting...

Guest cazbob
Hello.

Visa granted 4th March.

that was pretty quick - were you with a well established sponsor? or did u just have a stroke of luck there Gaskit??

Guest SteNRach
Hello.

Visa granted 4th March.

WOW that was quick,CONGRATULATIONS!! How long do have before you need to validate your visa? Just wondering if its probably not that long with it being a temporary visa. We're a bit undecided as to wether to try for a 457 because of the length of time it may take to sell our house. Thanks

Hello!

Ours took SIX months even though we had all our paperwork ready and set when they requested it, I had friends who took a month and about 6 weeks who applied about the same time as us (Last September) all in Perth

Good luck x

Guest Lway_2000

Hey guys,

Do you think it would be really bad to do an online application as well as a paper one? It's just that I didn't know how long my nomination would take to come back and it was paper. So I had to wait for approval no to do online or do paper straight away.I sent my paper application Thurs 10/03/11 and as far as I can see they haven't got it yet? I expect it to get there by end of the week latest.. But if they got my online app first would they just process that and throw my paper app? Or would they get annoyed or confused? I just want to do it quickly obviously and I know online is meant to be quicker.. Any advice?? Thanks Leanne

Archived