457 processing times

Lexi

Hey guys,

Do you think it would be really bad to do an online application as well as a paper one? It's just that I didn't know how long my nomination would take to come back and it was paper. So I had to wait for approval no to do online or do paper straight away.I sent my paper application Thurs 10/03/11 and as far as I can see they haven't got it yet? I expect it to get there by end of the week latest.. But if they got my online app first would they just process that and throw my paper app? Or would they get annoyed or confused? I just want to do it quickly obviously and I know online is meant to be quicker.. Any advice?? Thanks Leanne

I wouldnt do both, its either or. That would cause confusion in the DIAC. My nomination took 6 weeks to come through and only then did i get my TRN number. Only when i recieved my TRN number I could do my online application, because thats the first thing they ask you online. Did you submit a visa paper application already by the way without your TRN number? Or have you just submitted a nomination?

From investigation on the 457 visa I found out that you have to be nominated first before you can submit an application. Or your company can submit your application with there nomination at the same time.

Doing two applications paper/online at the same time would be very very messy. I have been waiting 4 weeks since my online application visa was submited and the standard time frame is a month. You have only submitted your (nomination or visa, above is unclear) since the 10/03/11. It prob hasn't even arrived at the office as of yet. You are right though the paper application takes longer than the online application.

Patience is vertue.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lway_2000

Hey Kbo,

My employer was already a sponsor and they put in a paper nomination 28/02/11 and then it was approved 14/03/11. But I already posted my paper application as I couldn't do online before (with no TRN as nomination wasn't approved when I posted) Now I wish I had waited a few more days and I could have done it online! Annoying - ok I was thinking it would be messy if I did both plus they would prob take

that was pretty quick - were you with a well established sponsor? or did u just have a stroke of luck there Gaskit??

Hello,

I know it was pretty quick. Yes I think the company has sponsored quite a few Poms before. They were quite clear on the information they wanted from us and once they had it they told us they'll let us know within 3-4 weeks when they have our Visa!

WOW that was quick,CONGRATULATIONS!! How long do have before you need to validate your visa? Just wondering if its probably not that long with it being a temporary visa. We're a bit undecided as to wether to try for a 457 because of the length of time it may take to sell our house. Thanks

StenRACh,

I'm not sure to be honest what the validation period is ! They don't seem to be anything about this in the Visa doc we received - it's probably all on the website somewhere. We are renting our house in the UK so planning to leave in June anyway.

Hey Kbo,

My employer was already a sponsor and they put in a paper nomination 28/02/11 and then it was approved 14/03/11. But I already posted my paper application as I couldn't do online before (with no TRN as nomination wasn't approved when I posted) Now I wish I had waited a few more days and I could have done it online! Annoying - ok I was thinking it would be messy if I did both plus they would prob take

Not to rub salt into wound - but for the benefit of anyone else reading - a TRN is issued on application of the nominated position. It doesn't have to be granted. Hence, both can be considered/processed simulatenously.

Guest Lway_2000

No if your nomination is paper your application can be put in same time only if it is paper too! If you want to do online when your nomination is paper you have to wait for nomination approval ID! Trust me I spoke to the DIAC several times and this is the case...

No if your nomination is paper your application can be put in same time only if it is paper too! If you want to do online when your nomination is paper you have to wait for nomination approval ID! Trust me I spoke to the DIAC several times and this is the case...

Yea I agree, it says it on the booklets aswell as on the DIAC website.

Your companies TRN is different to a individuals TRN.

Your company can submit the nomination and your visa application both on paper under their company TRN.

But online you need your own personnel TRN number after the nomination is awarded.

Your company can submit the nomination and your visa application both on paper under their company TRN.

But online you need your own personnel TRN number after the nomination is awarded.

TRN = ID (basically)

Guest Lway_2000

The main thing is I have posted now- so hopefully they get it soon.. Or if it goes missing then I will go for online ;) x

Cheers guys. Sorry if I caused confusion. Got mixed up there. But to be clear: If nomination is lodged online, then you can use the TRN given on application of the nom to lodge an employee application prior to nomination approval?

Cheers guys. Sorry if I caused confusion. Got mixed up there. But to be clear: If nomination is lodged online, then you can use the TRN given on application of the nom to lodge an employee application prior to nomination approval?

Bingo!!! That correct. Good that we clear things up on this cause so many people can use the info!

Whats your situ essextoaus?

Have you applied or about to do same?

Kbo

Bingo!!! That correct. Good that we clear things up on this cause so many people can use the info!

Whats your situ essextoaus?

Have you applied or about to do same?

Kbo

LONG story. 175 schedule 3 applied May 09. Then long wait. CO assigned 1/3/11. PCC requested, medicals in early May. But in January was offered a great job in central Sydney starting May 30... so started a 457 visa concurrently. Then boss stalled lodging nom so to cut a long story short he only did nom on 12/3/11. Based on the TRN from his application I lodged my part of the 457 the following day. I'm hoping the 175 comes through before we fly on the 11th May making the 457 redundant, but my other half has a medical issue which will likely lead to referal of meds (hopefully not resulting in refusal)... very confusing and a complete headache for me :goofy:

Guest Lway_2000

Hi all,

New update from me- think my paper app got lost it still hasn't arrived? So called and asked Diac if it was ok to do online & if paper ever arrives disregard and dispose of.. They said that was fine :) yay so they finally have my application! So timeline 28/02/11 nomination processing commenced 14/03/11 nomination approved 16/03/11 e457 processing commenced!! X

I think mine has been approved - just did my hourly check and it now says:

24/02/2011 Application received - processing commenced

24/02/2011 Application fee received

18/03/2011 Applicant Approved

I think this means mine has been approved - can anyone confirm - i cant even concentrate... im freaking out!

What are the next steps?

Hi everyone.

Just had the email from our agent - we are now the proud owners of a 457 visa!! Yay:biggrin:

For all those waiting, we sent our application via an agent on the 24th Feb.

Congratulations bdobson, rest assured you have your visa as my email came from the agent but upon checking online, the status says applicant approved.

hang on in there everyone, they are on the way!! All that time waiting and checking and now it is finally here, I don't mind saying I am sh***ing myself as I now have all the flights, removals, pet flights, etc to look forward to, not to mention finding a house!!

Good luck everyone :wink:

WOOOHOOOOOO Get in - good luck to everyone

After checking it everday for the past month - so glad it is here.

Saddington42 - i booked flights for 2 weeks ago - so had to use them as holiday then go back to work. However now i will book my ticket for real!

GET IN!

WOOOHOOOOOO Get in - good luck to everyone

After checking it everday for the past month - so glad it is here.

Saddington42 - i booked flights for 2 weeks ago - so had to use them as holiday then go back to work. However now i will book my ticket for real!

GET IN!

Well done & good luck!

Where are you heading and what line of work are you in?

Hi,

Just new to this thread.My question may sound dumb.I'd like to find out how this 457 visa can be obtained.Do we have to go over to OZ for an employer to sponsor us?My OH is a technician but falling short of points for a 175 Visa.Is a 457 visa offered to an employee from a HR country as well?:wacko:

I hope someone will be able to clear my doubts

Thanks in advance

Slam

I think mine has been approved - just did my hourly check and it now says:

24/02/2011 Application received - processing commenced

24/02/2011 Application fee received

18/03/2011 Applicant Approved

I think this means mine has been approved - can anyone confirm - i cant even concentrate... im freaking out!

What are the next steps?

It certainly does. Congratulations.

Sydney - i work in marketing and technology.

You?

Do we need a insert into our passport - or can we just turn up now?

We are heading to Brisbane. My OH is a miner and has a job at Moranbah mine. He will fly to Mackay from Brisbane as he will be working 5 on, 5 off.

The email I received today states that we do not need an insert. I have copied & pasted the statement as follows:

Visa Evidencing

You and your husband are not required to have a visa label placed in your Passports. Your 457 visas are electronically attached to your current passports which allow you and your husband multiple entries into Australia. You and your husband must however travel and enter Australia on the passports which were specified in the visa application. If you and/or your husband are issued with new passports whilst holding the 457 visas, you have to notify the Department of Immigration of the new passport details. You will need to take both you old and new Passports to your local Department of Immigration office.

Good luck x

Congratulations to you receiving your visa. I just wondered were you told whether you had a a case officer?

We put our visa 457 through on the 22nd Feb and not heard anything but the online applications says application being processed, Its driving me insane not knowing when we will get it. My OH will be workng in telecomms in Perth. I am losing my mind waiting, checking and not knowing when we will be going.

Thanks

Jo

x

Congratulations to you receiving your visa. I just wondered were you told whether you had a a case officer?

We put our visa 457 through on the 22nd Feb and not heard anything but the online applications says application being processed, Its driving me insane not knowing when we will get it. My OH will be workng in telecomms in Perth. I am losing my mind waiting, checking and not knowing when we will be going.

Thanks

Jo

x

Hi Roberts Family and Lway,

Mine is in from the 18th of Feb and nothing yet. Yes insane is the name of the game and its not funny at all at all. Just gotta live in hope.

Well done Lway on submitting the online after ringing the DIAC. I bet that eases the mind a bit.

Kbo

Thanks

Jo

x

Hi Robarts family

I sent all necessary documents to case officer then heard nothing until I emailed him to check if there was any progress after 2 weeks and he replied:

"Sorry to inform you that there is no movement from Immigration at this stage.

It has been taking about a month for the case to be allocated so we are looking at another couple of weeks until I hear word back from Immigration.

We of course will keep you informed if anything happens."

I didn't even get a TRN to check myself online! Then I got the email yesterday to confirm our application had been approved. Our agent did say tho, that once the application had been 'picked up' by a case officer, the processing times were usually less than a week as the waiting is usually the allocation of the application to a case officer.

I suppose every situation is different as ours was a pretty straight forward application, no medicals required, no additional info requested etc. So I suppose we were pretty lucky. The company my OH is going to work for has sponsored quite a few poms before so maybe that helps, although I'm not sure.

Hope this helps xxx

Lynda

Archived