457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lway_2000
Our sponsor told us it would take around 28 days so was well chuffed when it happened in 17! Looking at flights now for May as have to give a months notice to work.

Not sure what airline to go with though??

Singapore

Quantas

Virgin

Emirates

Never flown with any of these operators before and want to pick the best one for us as we have a 3 year old and a 1 year old to try and entertain for hours!!!!!

Hi Revs,

I actually work for BA at the moment and flew staff travel recently on Qantas- I would say if your not looking at cost then fly Qantas.. They have the A380 on that route (you need to check aircraft type when booking it's only once a day other aircraft for the other times). The seats are more comftable tv screens are wider and if you book in advance you can get bulkhead seat with cot or chair for baby! You can use the entertainment from the min you get on til you reach the gate! Extensive range of films tv shows and CDs.. The give you a menu and flight plan (in economy!!) peppermint tes or hot choc service ( in economy).. Either Qantas or Singapore best but I haven't flown with Singapore, but they are known as one of the best if not the best - depends which one works out in price defo no probs with either of those airlines! Hope that helps! Xx

Steen did you send your CV? X

All

Quick question

I applied Online 457 application, on 2nd Mar 2011 asked to do limited medical. Medical reached to sydney office around 15th Mar 2011. Case officer informed me that visa will be granted once medical refer come back.

How long does it take for medical referal to reach back to Melbourne office?

should that be 3rd of March or Feb?:unsure:

Hope its the 3rd of March, but on the other hand mine was submitted 18th Feb.

They have forgotten me I tells ya.

Also to one of the above quotes: I have submitted my CV as requested by the checklist.

Kbo

Guest Lway_2000

Also to one of the above quotes: I have submitted my CV as requested by the checklist.

Kbo

Haha sorry Kbo I was only saying that to Steen as he is sending his CV to my boss as I going into Recruitment! Lol..

Kbo

aaawwww..I'm sure they haven't forgotten you.. you must be getting a special golden ticket lol

aaawwww..I'm sure they haven't forgotten you.. you must be getting a special golden ticket lol

Yea Willy Wonka is printing as we speak :cute:

I am expecting it at any minute cause its been over a month since the application went in. They havent asked me for nuttin either so am twiddling the thumbs waiting to do a celebration dance upon award.

I studied the visa information inside out so ive no need to be searching for answers anymore. I just frontloaded everything e.g. Police checks, evidence letters from college, Degrees, kitchen sink, skills assessment, stamp collection and CV etc... and shouldnt have a problemo with the visa award but the waiting is so frickin annoying. :wideeyed:

This forum has been so usefull and a bit of a laugh too so BIG THANKS to all you guys. Also I havent seen anyone refused the 'Golden Ticket" on this forum either so me hopes am not the first. :notworthy:

Haha sorry Kbo I was only saying that to Steen as he is sending his CV to my boss as I going into Recruitment! Lol..

No worries Lway alls good in the hood :)

All

Quick question

I applied Online 457 application, on 2nd Mar 2011 asked to do limited medical. Medical reached to sydney office around 15th Mar 2011. Case officer informed me that visa will be granted once medical refer come back.

My 457 fellas

Steen did you send your CV? X

Ayup! No afraid not. Was planning on doing the CV Sunday but had to work then was knackered Sunday night. Was a late one last couple of nights and looks like it will be again tonight as I'm off to Dublin for a few days tomorrow and have about a weeks worth of work to be done before then :confused: But if I get the chance I'll fire it through so if you can let him know. Only need to add me latest job to it but I hate writing them!

I'll not be arriving in oz for a couple of months anyway.

Ta!!!!

Steen

My 457 fellas

Am sorry dooodi,

I didnt have to do a medical.

Any updates from anyone else???

Still all in lingo?

Kbo

Kbo... gonna try the idea that..'no news is good news', but will prob only last 1/2 hour before the frustration kicks in again!

Yo Yo Carsnhoj,

Tried that, works for a month then after a month it didnt work, so bah!!!

Feels like im in a rocking chair, you put energy into it, but its still going no-where.

5 weeks and 1 day and not a peep so no news was good news cause they asked for nuttin. Now thats just plain rudeness!!!

I am goin to get drunk for no particular reason, yaay!

Yo Yo Carsnhoj,

Tried that, works for a month then after a month it didnt work, so bah!!!

Feels like im in a rocking chair, you put energy into it, but its still going no-where.

5 weeks and 1 day and not a peep so no news was good news cause they asked for nuttin. Now thats just plain rudeness!!!

I am goin to get drunk for no particular reason, yaay!

NOW "ITS" JUST PLAIN RUDENESS, oops my bad :jiggy:

Guest Lway_2000

That's cool Steen- let me know when you send it? I just checked my TRN today and it said 25/03/11- more information received.. But I didn't get asked for any info and I haven't supplied any other than the uploaded docs with my application?? Has anyone else had this? Is this good? Does it mean I have a case officer and that the process will actually begin? Advice please?! Also I'm with you on te drunk thing- getting on it this weekend oh yeah! X

Guest Lway_2000

Doesn't anyone know about this? Additional info received, but they haven't requested it and i havent provided any??Message says - Further information

The Department has received further information from you relating to your application - thank you.

Does this mean I have a Case officer? That they have started contact with my employment references?? X

That's cool Steen- let me know when you send it? I just checked my TRN today and it said 25/03/11- more information received.. But I didn't get asked for any info and I haven't supplied any other than the uploaded docs with my application?? Has anyone else had this? Is this good? Does it mean I have a case officer and that the process will actually begin? Advice please?! Also I'm with you on te drunk thing- getting on it this weekend oh yeah! X

I'm away working in Leicester this week so should get time to do it one night. Been away at a wedding over there and good lord have I had a drink! Three days on it and I'm battered. The most incredible time though.

Afraid I don't know about your situation there. Could it be something requested from your sponsor?

That's superb steen mate! Well done!

I thought ours were quick in 17 days but 13 is awesome!

Cheers!!!

As per above I've been on the booze at a wedding for three days and we checked the emails while suffering this afternoon so it was hard to get excited and we've not done the Grant Dance yet :wink:

Name: kbo

CoE: Melbourne

Destination: Melbourne

Sponsorship Approved:

Nomination Application: 11/01/11

Nomination Approved: 16/02/11

457 Application: 18/02/2011

Application Being Processed Further: 28/03/10

38 Days waiting and finally got some movement

Well done Steen mate thatmust be a record

Archived