457 processing times

Lexi

Guest cazbob
Seems we are waiting for ages, submitted our application 20 January and todate still waiting :(

which application was that ozzietobe?

sponsorship, nomination or 457 visa application?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest suganyasek

Thanks Cazbob for the xl sheet

And your case it took 71 days getting sponsorship approved..thats too big..i'm bit worried..how do you manage your new employer taking them into confidence during these days??? that worries me a lot now...

Guest Lway_2000

Hey Cazbob,

I emailed Diac Parramatta and they said current timings for a case officer is 3 weeks. So I have emailed as it has been longer now, but really polite just asking if timings for an officer have gone up? I'm just worried my boss wants me to get out there to start with another girl, so they train us together by 2nd may latest 9th! Pressure!! No movement at all? Xxx

yesterday our status said 'processing further'.... today they have asked for form 80... are we actually getting there, or am I being 'over hopeful'????

The whole waiting is killing me slowly.. and now another weekend (so another drink to help sleep maybe?)

I'm gonna raise a glass this weekend to us all being sorted before Easter!.

Guest cazbob
Sorry 457 application. Sponsorship by the company was approved in January already!

that does seem to be a long wait alright, perhaps ring the DIAC or as Lway suggests email, but very politely?

Guest cazbob
Thanks Cazbob for the xl sheet

And your case it took 71 days getting sponsorship approved..thats too big..i'm bit worried..how do you manage your new employer taking them into confidence during these days??? that worries me a lot now...

luckily i am quite friendly with my employer so although the wait has been painfully long they are understanding about it - if i was needed urgently to start something very specific i'm sure they might have looked elsewhere by now! :(

it's all part of the process though and there doesn't seem to be much that can be done! :(

Guest CESCAK

8/03 submitted application, process commenced, x ray requested from my wife only

9/03 spons. approved

14/03 nomination approved

22/03 x ray done

31/03 health requirements outstanding, referred

04/ 04 info request- 815 form (health undertaking)

06/04 application processed further, info received , health requirement outstanding -referred, :confused:

My CA written in email that my health req. has been accepted under the condition of health undertaking , so why the status is not changing. Am I close to finish? :arghh::confused:

IS case assessor just a way CO likes to call them self or is this different?:confused:

Guest ozzietobe

Does anyone know if there is somewhere we can go and check where they are in granting visa's like you can with PR processing?

Does anyone know if there is somewhere we can go and check where they are in granting visa's like you can with PR processing?

There's a chart somewhere demonstrating where applications are processed depending on where the job is. I've just had a look and I can't find it. I think it's in a pdf booklet on the immi site. Anyone?

I've just had great news in that our 457 processed in Paramatta was granted on the 11/4/11. Timeline: Nomination lodged 10/3/11 - granted 6/3/11.

457 app lodged 13/3/11 - case officer assigned 6/4/11 - grant 11/4/11. No medicals, pcc, or requests for further information! No agents. Done online. So relieved.

Now just to hope and pray that our PR 175 visa comes through before we fly on May 11th, (submitted medicals last Wed/PCC submitted already). If it does, then we can take double luggage with Quantas and won't need to leave Oz to validate. (Before anyone asks - was offered a Job in Feb and so started the whole 457 process before the rush of PR case officer allocations (got our CO for the PR on 1/3/11)). I think if you sliced open my brain now it would say 'visa' in the middle. :arghh:

Well today i heard that my visa had been lodged.... also heard that i wouldn't need any medicals at all which was great news (having held off on front laoding and spending the money on them!).... just got to play the waiting game like many others now - My agent has said anywhere between 1-3 months but hopefully it'll be the shorter end of that.....

Guest Lway_2000

Day 25... Eat sleep drink VISA..??!!! No email reply even this time Cazbob! Maybe they are busy on Monday's catching up from weekend! Please god something this week! Crazy crazy...

Guest cazbob
Sorry! I meant new week new hopes people!! Cazbob are you going to email? X

Hi,

i was so hoping it would arrive today - tomorrow will be 6 weeks exactly.... i'm going absolutely insane here. :arghh: :twitcy: :unsure: :arghh:

i think i will email or ring them and say that my employer is anxious to have me start ASAP and see how it goes!

EDITED:

just emailed them.... fingers crossed it helps! :D

Cazbob, having looked at your timeline i'm a bit nervous!

I plan to move out to Melbourne in August. I've got quite a few interviews coming up and in a perfect world i'll have an offer before i fly out, allowing me to start the application process for a 457.

If not, then i'll have a few interviews when i'm out, hopefully an offer quickly and then i can apply for the visa whilst i'm out there. I was hopeful it'll take 2/3 weeks for nomination approval and then 2/3 weeks for 457 approval.

I'm now a little bit nervous as i won't be able to get by for more than 2 or 3 months (at the very most) without a job. Any reason why it's taken you so long?

It's good your potential employer seems to be understanding, good luck with it.

Guest cazbob
Cazbob, having looked at your timeline i'm a bit nervous!

I plan to move out to Melbourne in August. I've got quite a few interviews coming up and in a perfect world i'll have an offer before i fly out, allowing me to start the application process for a 457.

If not, then i'll have a few interviews when i'm out, hopefully an offer quickly and then i can apply for the visa whilst i'm out there. I was hopeful it'll take 2/3 weeks for nomination approval and then 2/3 weeks for 457 approval.

I'm now a little bit nervous as i won't be able to get by for more than 2 or 3 months (at the very most) without a job. Any reason why it's taken you so long?

It's good your potential employer seems to be understanding, good luck with it.

my timeline makes me nervous too mate!!

not a clue why mine has taken so long - i know some of the delay initially was due to the employers taking their time with returning required info and some unfortunate timing over xmas but other than that i'm at a loss.

you might get lucky with the timelines yourself though as there are others who have received theirs much quicker!

Your spreadsheet is excellent Cazbob, thanks for this - it really helps everyone at the early stages of planning their application as a rough guide to timescales.

Good luck - hope you get there soon! Are you just waiting to book your flight or are you out there already?

Guest cazbob
Your spreadsheet is excellent Cazbob, thanks for this - it really helps everyone at the early stages of planning their application as a rough guide to timescales.

Good luck - hope you get there soon! Are you just waiting to book your flight or are you out there already?

It was Walber who did the spreadsheet - i had a just post with a good few of the dates on it!!

I'm still in Ireland, waiting for the green light to get flights and get a move on - will go at the drop of a hat!

my 457 fellas

here are few milestones

Application & nomination submitted 22/02/2011

Application Processing Started 22/020/2011

Form 80 Requested 23/02/2011

Form 80 Submitted 25/02/2011

Medical ( due to past medical condition declared) requested 02/03/2011

Medical submitted 11/03/2011

Follow-up medical Requested by MOC 18/03/2011

Followup submitted 04/04/2011

All of my documentation including nomination approved around 02/03/2011 within 10 days of applilcation submission. Since 02/03/2011 it is all about medical

However, fellas this morning VISA APPROVED FINALLY, thanks God

I came to know this by checking online status, says applicant approved

Off to Perth on 9th May 2011

Good luck to all of you

Guest JennyHanson

visa submitted 16/3/11

medical (chest x ray) docs received and processing further 5/4/11

NOTHING SINCE!!!!

i'm applying for a 457 and nominated my fiance

Meant to be starting new job in melbourne on 23/5

getting worried...

Guest cazbob

Congrats Doodi!!! :D

i have a bit of movement today too.... "12/04/2011 - Application being processed further"

lets hope this bodes well....... [fingers firmly crossed]

C

Guest JennyHanson

mine says processing further but according to my new boss (who is sponsoring me) - he hasn't yet been informed that a case officer has even been assigned to my application.

Archived