457 processing times

Lexi

Guest cazbob

I'm not sure if they inform the employer Jenny - sometimes the time between it going from 'application being processed further' and 'approved' is only a matter of hours!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cazbob

Awwww.... don't say that to me!!!

Mine just changed to processing further today and if i have to keep waiting another week or two i may just explode!

Fingers crossed for quick movement for both of us! :D

C

Guest JennyHanson

And the fact we can track the status online is not helping my health either - on there every five mins! eventhough i'm checking at a time in the day when they'll have all gone home for the day!

i'm hoping my end of april we will know... realistically.

where you off to?

Guest HelenfromYorkshire

Hey guys, I'm new here! Just on a WHV at the minute doing temp work, been offered sponsorship and a job to start beginning of July though - my employer (well future!) is in talks with immigration - how long will it take? I see there's various time lengths! But they've sponsored people before, so I'm hoping it won't be too long... lease on my place runs out in 2 months and need to relocate - argh!!

X

Guest JennyHanson

i'm being sponsored to go to melbourne from the UK - 457 visa went in on 16th march - medical reports finalised 5/4 - playing the waiting game now.

Guest vicstick

Crumbs....Seems like we could be in for a long wait then. We posted our paper application for 457 2 weeks ago. We included our police check's in it and had already had medicals done as we knew they would be required with us both working in a hospital. I keep coming down every morning with a feeling of anticipation, expecting to see email from them saying come on over! (all sponsor stuff done in January from their side). Nothing yet. When Hubby was offered the job last July, we thought it would take 6 months to sort and our nomination was dated for 1st March 2011 at this rate it'll be 1st March 2012 before we get there!

V

Guest JennyHanson

It's reassuring to know some get turned around quickly but you can bet your bottom dollar mine won't be anytime soon!

Guest ozzietobe

We're coming up for 3 months waiting for ours, wish i knew why some are quicker than others, is it anything to do with case officers and being efficient or not???

We're coming up for 3 months waiting for ours, wish i knew why some are quicker than others, is it anything to do with case officers and being efficient or not???

Depends on your sponsor, nomination approval and information you provide

Guest ozzietobe

Our sponsorship was approved in January and all our paperwork is in! So what other reason could the delay be?

Guest JennyHanson

if you have a case officer and you have been waiting more than 6 weeks i'd say you are within your rights to see how it is all coming along?

Guest JennyHanson

just had an email from my new boss to say the business nomination for my visa has been approved - apparently it is pretty quick from here.

good news

Guest Lway_2000
just had an email from my new boss to say the business nomination for my visa has been approved - apparently it is pretty quick from here.

good news

Hate to be the voice of negativity here- but your nomination approval being quick has no effect on how quick your part comes.. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to why some are quicker than others! It may come quick but it might take time don't expect it to be quick and if it is bonus ;)

our visas camr through in 11 days but i think it depends on agent/ case officer and how efficient they are at dealing with them... the more they do the easier they are to process... my advice is keeping nudging agent as it wont do any harm

Guest ozzietobe

Thanks, spoke to my agent tonight and he doesn't really know how the process works wrt processing visa's but had an inkling it was down to the case officer you get whether he/she is on the ball or no so on the ball and also perhaps if you happen to be a the top of the pile or the bottom, possibly we're at the bottom :(

Archived