457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CandS
Cands was that paper? X

Electronic through an agent. Also, it was a company internal transfer, which might have speeded things up a bit.

Guest cazbob
Oh no 14weeks any idea why the nomination took that long? Is it because they applied for the sponsorship at the same time? Did they request extra info during this 14weeks? I don't know what to do if it's going to take a long time obviously I'd do the paper.. But id prefer online as you say priority and check status :smile:

Has anyone on here done a paper application? Does it take longer to come back? Don't know what to do!!! What's average time for nomination to come back? X

:nah: not a clue - they were asked for further info at about the 10 week mark - they took their time sending it back and eeked out the full 28 days - once they submitted the extra info it was approved within a day! it was also with the DIAC over xmas but i didn't think that would cause such a delay!

anyway hopefully the visa app will speed through and make up for the lengthy wait thus far!

there doesn't seem to be a usual time for nominations to come through - they vary as wildly as the visa apps!

i feel for you, i really do! i spent so long toying with the idea of sending it by post or not.... it's a total head wrecker! :arghh:

Also CONGRATS CandS :jiggy:

Guest izzie
:nah: not a clue - they were asked for further info at about the 10 week mark - they took their time sending it back and eeked out the full 28 days - once they submitted the extra info it was approved within a day! it was also with the DIAC over xmas but i didn't think that would cause such a delay!

anyway hopefully the visa app will speed through and make up for the lengthy wait thus far!

there doesn't seem to be a usual time for nominations to come through - they vary as wildly as the visa apps!

i feel for you, i really do! i spent so long toying with the idea of sending it by post or not.... it's a total head wrecker! :arghh:

Also CONGRATS CandS :jiggy:

Hi all,

Not trying to make you all sick or anything, really I'm not....but my sponsorship, nomination and application all went in 28th Feb and I got approval on 4th Mar - so that was a grand total of 4 days!!

Mine was through the Parramatta office if thats of use to anyone.

x

Guest CandS

Thanks Cazbob! Still grinning like a loon here whenever I think about it.

4 days Izzie?? Did you include a big wedge of extra cash with the application?!

Guest izzie

You're the second person who's asked me that!! No I didn't neither was I sleeping with the immigration minister! I only accepted the job at the beginning of Feb, so the whole caboodles taken 4 weeks, but I know the application didn't go in until last Monday and then I'd got the email dated Friday, this morning.

The only thing I can suggest is that the company I'm working for is a major government contractor, so there may be some special agreement in force. But that would just be a guess?

Guest Lway_2000

Thats crazy long Cazbob! Yeah hopefully they will pick up the pace especially if you've got all your ref's included! I filled out the paper application and I'm going to hold off til thurs to see if the nomination is approved by then? If not I'm going to post the paper application. Patience is not my strong point lol.. I just feel better knowing at least that they have it and it's processing! I feel like I'm wasting time ATM!! I wish you could just include extra cash for a quick turnaround ;) xx

Thats crazy long Cazbob! Yeah hopefully they will pick up the pace especially if you've got all your ref's included! I filled out the paper application and I'm going to hold off til thurs to see if the nomination is approved by then? If not I'm going to post the paper application. Patience is not my strong point lol.. I just feel better knowing at least that they have it and it's processing! I feel like I'm wasting time ATM!! I wish you could just include extra cash for a quick turnaround ;) xx

Nomination Application 11/01/11

Nomination Approval 16/02/11

e457 Application 18/02/11

Today 07/03/11 nothing as yet

You're the second person who's asked me that!! No I didn't neither was I sleeping with the immigration minister! I only accepted the job at the beginning of Feb, so the whole caboodles taken 4 weeks, but I know the application didn't go in until last Monday and then I'd got the email dated Friday, this morning.

The only thing I can suggest is that the company I'm working for is a major government contractor, so there may be some special agreement in force. But that would just be a guess?

I think ours will be with the Parramatta office too as a Sydney based org. Government department so hoped it wouldn't take too long but submitted 17/02 and nomination not yet approved.

Will be submitting e457 this week so encouraging that yours only took 4 days as had heard there was a bit of a backlog at that office.

Guest Lway_2000

Steen how can you put an online 457 in if nomination isn't approved? Was nomination electronic? X

Hi all,

Does anyone know.... Can you get a job just through searching on the internet and get a 457 if you have no formal qualifications...? I know this may sound a bit crazy but hubby's over 20 years experience in construction at supervisor/manager level and just wondered if it's possible?

Any help appreciated.

Guest cazbob

i think there may be a way to do it based on experience alright. might be best to get in touch with a migration agent though! :D

Steen how can you put an online 457 in if nomination isn't approved? Was nomination electronic? X

Yes it was. Only got the TRN this morning though and the nomination was submitted on the 17/02. Originally thought it was paper and noly found out it was electronic last week otherwise we'd have applied for the visa long before now.

Communication from HR dept isn't the best.

Guest Lway_2000

Lucky you Steen!! I wish my employers had gone for online can't understand why they didn't- they must have thought as they were so close it would be easier?! I cant believe that as they have done paper I have to do paper or wait for nomination approval.. Seems like it's just dragging process !! Ahh just going crazy here want to get my application in...x

Guest cazbob

good news Steen! :D

you'll be joining the rest of us waiting now!

and lway, don't worry we're all here for u and i for one really feel for u! if u want to chat / ask questions/ rant then feel free to PM me! :D

Caz

Guest Lway_2000

Thanks Cazbob,

I do feel the need to rant every now and again! Lol stressful business, let's hope it all works out!! Xx

Guest MagsInCanberra

YAAAAHHHHH! just got the email at 2am!!! e457 approved at the same time as sponsorship and nomination! heres the timeline

13/1 applied sponsorship

21/1 applied nomination

21/1 applied e457

11/2 sponsorship processed further

14/2 more info req'd sponsorship

....not sure when this was submitted (i didnt think it had been yet!)

17/2 more info req'd e457

7/3 all three granted!

feeling elated, i guess it does helping lodging them all together, I know we were lucky. You have been waiting alot longer cazbob, and prob others too.....maybe this is your week too!

good luck, and now for some packing!

Guest CharleneBLiverpool
Hi all,

Does anyone know.... Can you get a job just through searching on the internet and get a 457 if you have no formal qualifications...? I know this may sound a bit crazy but hubby's over 20 years experience in construction at supervisor/manager level and just wondered if it's possible?

Any help appreciated.

You need either a university level degree or NVQ's/City & Guilds for construction, If you haven't got that you can have 3-5 years experience in the job and references, the job must also be on the current list. You can check the list on the Immigration website.

Hope this helps.

Hi All,

20 days a waiting

28 days the timeframe

To think it this day 2 weeks I could be in Melbourne

Kbo's stresses:

Can't get asleep before 3am

Can't wake up before 3pm

although some say the easy life:unsure:

Guest cazbob

Congrats MagsInCanberra!!! :biggrin::jiggy:

fingers crossed it'll be a good week for those of us still waiting! :wubclub:

Lway, was just thinking there last night - one of the reasons i didn't post mine was coz i would have had to get all my documents notorised... have you thought about this?

Guest MagsInCanberra
Congrats MagsInCanberra!!! :biggrin::jiggy:

fingers crossed it'll be a good week for those of us still waiting! :wubclub:

Lway, was just thinking there last night - one of the reasons i didn't post mine was coz i would have had to get all my documents notorised... have you thought about this?

thanks cazbob, my fingers are crossed for you too!

Guest Revs30

Application457 Business Long Stay Primary - 03/03/2011

Application received - processing commenced

03/03/2011

Application fee received

:smile:

Guest ouseun

I got my flight booked 22/3/11 :biggrin:

Off to an iron ore mine about 200 kms from darwin

just want to say to all waiting good luck

15/02/2011 - Employer Nomination Approved

21/02/2011 - Application Fee Received

21/02/2011 - Application Received - Processing Commenced

06/03/2011 - Application being processed further

08/03/2011 - Visa Granted :jiggy:

3 weeks start to finish...can't believe it!!!

Archived