457 processing times

Lexi

Any updates? It seems to be so slow at the moment!

Application 457 Business Long Stay Primary -

19/01/2011 Application received - processing commenced

19/01/2011 Application fee received

15/02/2011 Application being processed further

15/02/2011 Further information required

15/02/2011 Information received

I'm stuck at this stage now. Its almost there (I hope)??? It is getting a bit close for comfort now as I really need to get things shipped this week. The further info wasn't from me but from my company. :twitcy:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry, I should clarify - thats for Sydney and with an established sponsor (pwc), they said its happening to lots of their applicants.

I'm also going with PwC as a sponsor... I was hoping the approval time might be slightly quicker. My visa was submitted on 8 Feb, so I guess I've still got a while to wait (and looks like the 28 March start date may be pushed back!)

Guest aussieway1
well it's now been 9 weeks and i'm still waiting :(

I really feel for you...that is just so hard. I am going crazy as we were supposed to arrive two weeks ago and ours is not ready ready but 9 weeks!!! Are you living in the uK?

152 days since sponsorship and nomination lodged

81 days since sponsorship approved....

.......STILL waiting!

:arghh:

Is your company using a immigration lawyer or just some person in HR.

Friend of mine was application was rejected because of a moron in HR - so i have got immigration lawyer to do all mine as was tired of idiots reading one page on the internet and thinking they knew everything!

Hoping someone here can give me a timeline for my 457 to work on as at the moment im stuck in singapore.

15/02 - Employer submitted eligible business application (estimated 4 weeks to approve)

22/02 - Position sponsorship & visa applications will be submitted (hopefully)

The lawyer said the 2 applications for position and visa could be lodged before employer application is approved - but they wont be succesful granted until business one is.

Can anyone provide me with time lines for granting of visa?

The lawyer said she thinks 5-6 weeks from today - anyone agree / disagree with this or have any ideas?

Update on this :

15/02 - Employer submitted eligible business application (estimated 4 weeks to approve) - BEEN APPROVED

24/02 - Position sponsorship & visa applications will be submitted (hopefully)

Hoping as using immigration lawyer will go through easier and no requests for information

HI MATU

What was the further information required?

Thanks

Hi Fiela,

I have no idea what the further info was. We have a migration agent appointed by my new company so they are the DIAC point of contact. I assume it was something to do with the company though. Its been 5 weeks now though, I assumed (wrongly, it seems) that our application would go through quickly as we have an agent!

Generally most of my conversations go something like this:

Q. "So when are you off then?"

A. "Dunno, when we get out visas"

Q. "Are you sure your going?"

A. "Yes!!"

Q. "When are you having a leaving party?"

A. Same response as above.

Guest HavenMarra

I think there are 100's of similar conversations all over the UK each day!!

23 days - no joy (just checked).

Good luck matu78.

Is your company using a immigration lawyer or just some person in HR.

Friend of mine was application was rejected because of a moron in HR - so i have got immigration lawyer to do all mine as was tired of idiots reading one page on the internet and thinking they knew everything!

The director of the company and his EA are doing the paperwork - not morons by any means but as it's their first time applying for all this (and mine i may add!) i'm not surprised there's been requests for further info etc.

the nomination being dealt with over the xmas period obviously hasn't helped either!

Hi there,

If you use an agent for a 457, what can of fee do they charge?

We have a job offer so just starting the process, but employer has not sponsored before.

Worried about the training part (employer part) he has employed ozzies before but dont think he has trained anyone. Need to check.

cheers cazmayo

Guest Rich1607

Matu78 - can definitely relate to the "When are you having a leaving party?" and constant questions re: leaving date from family and friends at the minute.

I'm actually quite relaxed about the visa, from this thread and from liaison with the migration agent I know I'm in the same boat as many others and more than happy to be patient for it to come through. However, having to answer the constant questions from those around me and not being able to give a straight and definite answer is really winding me up!

Guest CharleneBLiverpool
I really feel for you...that is just so hard. I am going crazy as we were supposed to arrive two weeks ago and ours is not ready ready but 9 weeks!!! Are you living in the uK?

Hi,

No i;m living and working in Sydney, on a bridging visa A so still allowed to work, just not allowed to leave the country until it comes through.

Where abouts are you heading?? and how long is your wait now?? :arghh:

Guest aussieway1
I got my visa today 23/2/11

applied 14/1/11

good luck to all else who are waiting

We got ours today as well!! 24/1 applied! Hope to leave in a week!! Good luck to everyone-seems to be speeding up now!!

We got ours today as well!! 24/1 applied! Hope to leave in a week!! Good luck to everyone-seems to be speeding up now!!

Congratulations aussieway1, and ouseun as well too.

Which DIAC office did your applications go through?

Well done the both of you guys, I submitted mine on the 16/02/11. I hope its as quick as that. Enjoy the new life yaaaaay

Whooooooo Hooooooooooo,:arghh::chatterbox::arghh:

Mystic Lexi, visa approved today. 3 days before your prediction, my visa has come through.

Great excitement in the Lynch household.

Application lodged 27-01-11

Meds used from frontloaded meds for 176 visa.

Application approved 24-02-11

Hope everyone else hears good news. :hug::hug:

Archived