457 processing times

Lexi

Hoping someone here can give me a timeline for my 457 to work on as at the moment im stuck in singapore.

15/02 - Employer submitted eligible business application (estimated 4 weeks to approve)

22/02 - Position sponsorship & visa applications will be submitted (hopefully)

The lawyer said the 2 applications for position and visa could be lodged before employer application is approved - but they wont be succesful granted until business one is.

Can anyone provide me with time lines for granting of visa?

The lawyer said she thinks 5-6 weeks from today - anyone agree / disagree with this or have any ideas?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16/02/2011 Application received - processing commenced

16/02/2011 Application fee received

Tick Followed Tock Followed Tick Followed Tock

He wait's..that's what he does

Good things come to those who wait...

Let’s hope this applies to visas as well as Guinness!

Hoping someone here can give me a timeline for my 457 to work on as at the moment im stuck in singapore.

15/02 - Employer submitted eligible business application (estimated 4 weeks to approve)

The lawyer said the 2 applications for position and visa could be lodged before employer application is approved - but they wont be succesful granted until business one is.

The lawyer said she thinks 5-6 weeks from today - anyone agree / disagree with this or have any ideas?

bdobson,

where are you planning on going? the various offices seem to have wildly varying waiting times.

i'm going to Adelaide so the application is through the Melbourne office - my business had to apply to be a sponsor too and that took approx 6 weeks. (including a request for further information)

the nomination has been over 12 weeks in the coming and still no sign (the employer is currently working on a request for information in regards to the nomination)...

it's a longer process than i envisaged and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the length of time applications take!

Caz

Hi we found yesterday our nomination has been approved, it only took 2 weeks thr compoany got the e mail on the 28th of jan but only noticed it yesterday as it was sent to the wrong address,so now we have been asked to submit our part.

Only trouble is we also found out the same day we have a CO for our 176, nearly 11 months waiting for the 176 and 5 months for the 457 whats the odds on that its typicial.

Now I dont know what to do if I submit my 457 and my 176 in granted first I will loose it as the 2nd visa granted cancels the first. Just my luck.:arghh:

Maria,

perhaps pm one of the agents on here and just ask if the 457 will cancel out the 176? i'm by no means an expert but from reading on here the number of people that go for the 176 and then get 457s i would have assumed that the 457 could be running (ie. you could be in Oz working) while the 176 is processing?

but again this is certainly one of the situations where an agent is definitely the way to go!

or even ring the DIAC, seeing as you now have a CO surely he/she would be the perfect person to ask?

congrats on the nomination approval - a bitter sweet time with the 176 CO coming through too but it's good that things are finally moving! :D

Caz

Hi Caz,

I rang ASPC about this weeks ago and would you believe the girl didn't know, she said she didn't think a temp 457 would cancel a perm 176 bit to be sure she put me through to the Melbourne processing center.

You guessed it he didn't know either he more or less said the same as the girl in ASPC, so thinking to myself well if both of them think the same it must be correct, that is until last week I saw this 2nd page 1st paragraph http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1025i.pdf

So now I'm none the wiser, I think I will have to ring them again and just demand that they get someone on the phone that know's what their talking about.

Sorry I'm sure your peed off as well, some times I wonder why the hell we started this whole process.

AHHH........ I feel better now sorry for bending your ear.

Maria.x

Got a phone call this morning that the nomination has finally been submitted!!! Wahooo!!! Things finally starting to happen.

But it was 6.30am and we forgot to ask if it was online or not.

Does anyone know if they have not submitted online but via post does that mean we cannot submit online?

Got a phone call this morning that the nomination has finally been submitted!!! Wahooo!!! Things finally starting to happen.

But it was 6.30am and we forgot to ask if it was online or not.

Does anyone know if they have not submitted online but via post does that mean we cannot submit online?

if they submit by post you will have to wait until the nomination is approved to submit online as you will not have a TRN with which to submit your e457 application.

if they have applied online you can submit your e457 almost straight away (ie. without the nomination being approved) you just need them to provide you with the TRN.

Your e457 will not be approved until and unless the nomination is approved, however, so depending on yourself you may want to wait until it is approved.

Caz

Hi Caz,

I rang ASPC about this weeks ago and would you believe the girl didn't know, she said she didn't think a temp 457 would cancel a perm 176 bit to be sure she put me through to the Melbourne processing center.

You guessed it he didn't know either he more or less said the same as the girl in ASPC, so thinking to myself well if both of them think the same it must be correct, that is until last week I saw this 2nd page 1st paragraph http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1025i.pdf

So now I'm none the wiser, I think I will have to ring them again and just demand that they get someone on the phone that know's what their talking about.

Sorry I'm sure your peed off as well, some times I wonder why the hell we started this whole process.

AHHH........ I feel better now sorry for bending your ear.

Maria.x

hrmm that's a load of ol' cobblers eh? you ring them for advice and they don't know?? there must be people on here that have had similar problems with the timing - what were you expecting to happen if say the 457 had all been approved and then you got a 176 CO?

or was it just a case of throw it in there and see what sticks?

i still reckon ask one of the agents on here - their experience in situations like this is invaluable, especially seeing as the DIAC are being unhelpful!

Caz

Apart from having a very frustrating wait for information to be sent from the army we have just had an out of office message back from our case officer and he is on his holly's! They shouldnt be allowed to take holidays he he.

Hello there

My husbands sponsor company in Perth has also had to start from scratch and be approved and they submitted their application on the 18th Jan. We are still waiting to hear they have approval although DIAC have told them we should hear something by tomoro :twitcy:

As long as there are no hold ups with that part we're led to believe the next two parts should go quite quickly! We were advised that from start to finish it shouldn't take more than 12 weeks.... fingers crossed lol

if they submit by post you will have to wait until the nomination is approved to submit online as you will not have a TRN with which to submit your e457 application.

if they have applied online you can submit your e457 almost straight away (ie. without the nomination being approved) you just need them to provide you with the TRN.

Your e457 will not be approved until and unless the nomination is approved, however, so depending on yourself you may want to wait until it is approved.

Caz

Ah that was my understanding. Hopefully they have done it online. Pretty confident barring no muck up on their part it would be OK.

Thanks Caz

Yea it would have been no problem if the 457 was finalized first as its only a temp visa the 176 would cancel it out which is fine not a problem.

Actually I think i'm better off e mailing them at least I would have it in writing.

Thanks I'll keep you posted.

Maria x

Hi Maria,

I would be really interested to know the answer too.

Our 176 was submitted 4th Sept 2010 so should hear real soon, but also have 457 in, lodged on 27th Jan.

X

Better News,

It is now in the lap of the gods.

Nomination Submitted (Paper) 11.01.11

Nomination Recieved 16.02.11

e457 submitted 17.02.11

47 docs uploaded and Ive nothing else to give them.

Im all outa information, time to roll over, stare at the ceiling and look forward to a snooze.

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Its tough I tells ya

Kbo:swoon:

bdobson,

where are you planning on going? the various offices seem to have wildly varying waiting times.

i'm going to Adelaide so the application is through the Melbourne office - my business had to apply to be a sponsor too and that took approx 6 weeks. (including a request for further information)

the nomination has been over 12 weeks in the coming and still no sign (the employer is currently working on a request for information in regards to the nomination)...

it's a longer process than i envisaged and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the length of time applications take!

Caz

Im planning on moving to sydney - the whole thing is being managed by a proper immigration lawyer - so i am hoping they know there stuff.

The lawyer said she thought 5 weeks from yesterday - im not as confident. Was hoping for some examples on here of people getting them swiftly.

First bit of excitement for us!

Got news this morning that hubby's company has been approved for sponsorship and that they will be lodging his nomination on line this weekend. They have been advised that he should lodge his e457 at the same time as DIAC are so far behind. So that was four weeks almost exactly for first stage :biggrin:

It's felt like an eternity but as were first told 8 weeks from start to finish it does all seem to be going to plan!

Woop Woop one step closer!:jiggy::twitcy:

Hey guys

Now feeling confident enough to throw ourselfs into this thread!

My other half is expecting the employee section of the 457 to be emailed over to him on Monday for him to complete so its a weekend of paperwork gathering!!!

The company already has Sponsorship and Nomination in situ. They employ lots of people on the 457 and when we asked yesterday about current times for visa approval they said that due to the delays in Sydney office with xmas, extra work supporting QLD office etc they are experiencing 4 weeks processing time at the minute.

They seem confident enough in what they are doing and have already booked his accomodation for 24th March lol

A previous co-workers of my other half is flying out today - just under 4 weeks his approval took and that was with requests for further information.

Im going to be a nightmare as the company use an agency rather than us doing it ourself so I cant spend every waking minute (and half the sleeping ones) checking the site for status updates ...... believe me not easy for a control freak :wub:

Here is hoping that everyones applications start moving nicely and they fly out to sunny climes soon while im stuck in rainy cold blighty watching the sun via Skype lol

Guest HavenMarra

try this one for a change then munchkinpie - Aus surfcams - you can watch the beaches any time of day. Designed so you can check the waves I think but nice to see people walking the dogs and carrying their boards into the water - you can usually see all the surfers bobbing about waiting for waves on some of them!

I'm 19 days and waiting - still at "Processing Commenced".

http://www.coastalwatch.com/camera/cameraOverview.aspx

Im planning on moving to sydney - the whole thing is being managed by a proper immigration lawyer - so i am hoping they know there stuff.

The lawyer said she thought 5 weeks from yesterday - im not as confident. Was hoping for some examples on here of people getting them swiftly.

well there's a few people now who are getting nominations and visas through so hopefully they've cleared the xmas backlog and will get a move on.

keep us posted! :D

Caz

Hey guys

Im going to be a nightmare as the company use an agency rather than us doing it ourself so I cant spend every waking minute (and half the sleeping ones) checking the site for status updates ...... believe me not easy for a control freak :wub:

Sure you can! Just request the TRN from the agent and you can torture yourself with non-existant updates on the DIAC website along with everyone else.

Chris

Sure you can! Just request the TRN from the agent and you can torture yourself with non-existant updates on the DIAC website along with everyone else.

Chris

Yeah go on, its a right laugh. :laugh::laugh:

Archived