457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lway_2000

Hi all,

I'm new to all this- just need some advice my employer is already a sponsor. They provided me with their receipt of the nomination but it has no TRN no on it? Does that mean it's still processing and can I not apply while they process? Also when submitting employment history shall I just provide a ref for the job that has relevant exp to the role I'll be doing in oz.. Or all employment ref's for 5yrs, I know I need to give my Cv for 5yrs but I just mean references...also health insurance asks when your visa was granted on iman website which provide insurance for 457 yet you can't do your 457 application without proof of cover??

Please help!

Leanne

Guest cazbob
Application submitted on 1st March for 457 visa. Contract with employer due to start on 16th May. Here's hoping that it's authorised before mid April.......

Where are you headed Northshore??

Guest cazbob
Hi all,

I'm new to all this- just need some advice my employer is already a sponsor. They provided me with their receipt of the nomination but it has no TRN no on it? Does that mean it's still processing and can I not apply while they process? Also when submitting employment history shall I just provide a ref for the job that has relevant exp to the role I'll be doing in oz.. Or all employment ref's for 5yrs, I know I need to give my Cv for 5yrs but I just mean references...also health insurance asks when your visa was granted on iman website which provide insurance for 457 yet you can't do your 457 application without proof of cover??

Please help!

Leanne

I've never heard of a 'receipt of nomination' -

You need one of the following to submit your e457

• Nomination Saved Application ID

• Nomination Application Transaction Reference Number (TRN)

• Nomination Approval Number

Just ask your employer if they have any of the above.

If not you'll have to wait for the nomination to be approved before u can apply for the 457 online.

I provided references for all jobs on my CV as I had them to hand and they were all somewhat relevant.

I would probably give them as many as you have / can easily get - they can always ask you for further info if they require more.

as for the insurance - all Health insurance policies must have a commencement date... enter the date you hope/plan to enter australia on, if you haven't received your visa by a week before that date you should be able to ammend it with a simple phonecall / email to the insurance company.

hope that helps,

Caz

Hey Caz or anyone else who has submitted an e457. I've looked for this and for some reason can't find a conclusive answer.

When submitting your documents do you have to get them notarised? So scan in passport, print it, get it notarised and then scan it back in?

Ta

Hey Caz or anyone else who has submitted an e457. I've looked for this and for some reason can't find a conclusive answer.

When submitting your documents do you have to get them notarised? So scan in passport, print it, get it notarised and then scan it back in?

Ta

Hi ya,

If you have colour documents, there is no need to get them certified. Just scan the coloured ones. If you have black and white docs these need certifying but a solicitor is fine. No need for notarising. You can save a few pennies on this one.

Helen

Hi ya,

If you have colour documents, there is no need to get them certified. Just scan the coloured ones. If you have black and white docs these need certifying but a solicitor is fine. No need for notarising. You can save a few pennies on this one.

Helen

I know a JP who does it for a couple of pints :wink:

But no I also have a colour scanner so should be fine with that. Nice one, thanks.

Guest HavenMarra

I just scanned the lot - nothing notarised. AND..........................

OUR VISA WAS APPROVED TODAY!!

Fee paid/processing commenced on 31/1/11 so that is 32 days. Status still at processing commenced but under each name it now says "Applicant Approved".

How relieved / delighted are we!! Aiming to start on the 28th March, about to confirm packing of house for 16-18th. Relaxing on the 19th and flying on the 20th (flights willing!). Look out Brissy - here come the Curwens!!

Just in time as we head to Whitehaven for a big leaving gathering - it'll be much easiernowe that we have the visas rather than being unsure of anything.

Off to dance around the office...........

Guest cazbob

Congrats HavenMarra :jiggy:

And BrianL, congrats too! :D is it Sydney you're off to?

things seems to be moving at a steady pace right now! bodes well for those of us still waiting!

oh and Steen, yeah i just colour scanned all my documents too!

Guest cazbob
Congratulations guys and good luck.

Caz - no reply to email so will be next week before I can get application in now. I'm chomping at the bit though :biglaugh:

:arghh: my place were just as bad at replying!

just remember that the DIAC wouldn't have even looked at it on a Friday anyway so you're not losing any time by holding off till next week!

just take the time to get everything in order, all your documents scanned and saved and ready to go and then you'll be flying when u do get to apply!

:arghh: my place were just as bad at replying!

just remember that the DIAC wouldn't have even looked at it on a Friday anyway so you're not losing any time by holding off till next week!

just take the time to get everything in order, all your documents scanned and saved and ready to go and then you'll be flying when u do get to apply!

Already got them done as they were needed for AHPRA registration.

But I've realised I've got no health insurance cover in place so best get that applied for this weekend.

Guest sarah in london

hi after telling us there was going to be a delay, our visa actually came through on 28th feb (hooray!!)... so we're now enjoying 2 week break in Singapore before heading to sydney on the 17th March.

my 457 fellas, I need your help in understanding few issues

my UK employer offered me transfer to Perth on 457. time line is

Application submitted 14/02/2011

DIAC start processing 21/02/2011

Form 80 & 1221 requested 22/02/2011

Form 80 & 1221 submitted 25/02/2011

DIAC requested medical (blood test only) 02/03/2011

I am british national ( for last 12 years) since 1999 . However, born and raised in Pakistan which is HR country.

What I am concerned about is form 80 processing time line.

Is it standard practice to request form 80 ( for 457 ) for UK national, with HR country as birth place?

Is this for further informations only or detail processing will be done?

and how long it will take to process the form 80 especially for 457 applicant?

help is much appreciated

my 457 fellas, I need your help in understanding few issues

my UK employer offered me transfer to Perth on 457. time line is

Application submitted 14/02/2011

DIAC start processing 21/02/2011

Form 80 & 1221 requested 22/02/2011

Form 80 & 1221 submitted 25/02/2011

DIAC requested medical (blood test only) 02/03/2011

I am british national ( for last 12 years) since 1999 . However, born and raised in Pakistan which is HR country.

What I am concerned about is form 80 processing time line.

Is it standard practice to request form 80 ( for 457 ) for UK national, with HR country as birth place?

Is this for further informations only or detail processing will be done?

and how long it will take to process the form 80 especially for 457 applicant?

help is much appreciated

Guest Lway_2000

Thanks Cazbob,

Yeah it was a receipt of the payment for the nomination that my employer forwarded me! I emailed the Diac about TRN and they sent me one but it still doesn't work? When I called them before I received it, they said because it was a paper application for nomination there is no TRN... So my choices are wait for approval and do it online or do paper straight away? Depending on who long nomination will take vs how long postage from uk to oz? I'm going to try to call them again ask them about this TRN? So annoying just want to start this application now!! Just thought I'd post this on here incase anyone else has had this problem TRN paper/online saga!! X

Guest cazbob
Thanks Cazbob,

Yeah it was a receipt of the payment for the nomination that my employer forwarded me! I emailed the Diac about TRN and they sent me one but it still doesn't work? When I called them before I received it, they said because it was a paper application for nomination there is no TRN... So my choices are wait for approval and do it online or do paper straight away? Depending on who long nomination will take vs how long postage from uk to oz? I'm going to try to call them again ask them about this TRN? So annoying just want to start this application now!! Just thought I'd post this on here incase anyone else has had this problem TRN paper/online saga!! X

ah the joys of the paper vs online fisaco!

they do say that online applications get priority though and you can check the status online so it's a toss up!

i decided to wait it out.... i then spent nearly 14 weeks waiting for the nomination to be approved and i most definitely wished i'd posted the application!

others on here haven't had to wait anything near that though so i guess it just depends on what you want yourself!

Guest Lway_2000

Oh no 14weeks any idea why the nomination took that long? Is it because they applied for the sponsorship at the same time? Did they request extra info during this 14weeks? I don't know what to do if it's going to take a long time obviously I'd do the paper.. But id prefer online as you say priority and check status :smile:

Has anyone on here done a paper application? Does it take longer to come back? Don't know what to do!!! What's average time for nomination to come back? X

Guest CandS

16/02/2011 Application received - processing commenced

16/02/2011 Application fee received

05/03/2011 Applicant Approved

17 days! Woop woop! G'day Brisbane! Ah'll sithee Yorkshire!

Archived