457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've finally been sent an Aussie contract by my employer (I'm transfering from the UK to Brisbane within the same company), so my 457 application should go in soon. Fingers crossed for a speedy answer!

Hi there,

I'm stuck in this infuriating waiting game too, so I thought I would upload my progress too as it seem quite useful to see everyone elses progress, or lack of, as the case may be.

19/01/11 Application received -processing commenced

19/01/11 Appllication fee received......

It was lodged at the Perth COE by a migration agent. My new company previously had nomination approval but it expired and has been re-submitted. Its been 3 weeks now and with no medicals or police check required for my job I was hoping that it will be all sorted within the next week.

Good Luck all.

Welcome to the club matu78, mine was the 13/1/11 for both fee received and processing commenced and still not heard anything. We have just done it on our own so at least you have some inside knowledge with having an agent.

If you hear anything let us know.

The agent hasn't given us anything to go on other than the standard response 'about 4 weeks, maybe longer', the only advice was not to hassle DIAC.

Guest edwardsfamily
Congratulations Edwardsfamily! I am so jealous. How were you told that you had the visa? Just wondered if they send you an email or a letter? Yours took almost 6 weeks so if thats the same as ours we should hear around 24 February, fingers crossed for us all!

we had an email from our agent.

ours only took a bit longer cause i had to have a medical...hopefully yours is on its way any day!

oh please please please let the nomination come through - we have an offer of a house sit for 6 weeks starting mid march - would be absolutely perfect if we could get over in early march.... [crosses every finger and toe]

Caz

457 Sponsorship Offered 23/12/2010

Contract Signed 08/01/2011

Nomination Submitted (Paper Based) 11/01/2011

No ans from Diac (Melbourne).... tick tock tick tock tick tock

When get approval i'll submit e457 then... tick tock tick tock tick tock.

I am looking at 3 winters in a row at this stage:

Left Oz end of winter (28th Oct 2010)

Landed in Dublin -15 degrees (Nov 24th 2010)

Melbourne Winter on the way methinks

Hurry word up, PLEASE

Guest MagsInCanberra
457 Sponsorship Offered 23/12/2010

Contract Signed 08/01/2011

Nomination Submitted (Paper Based) 11/01/2011

No ans from Diac (Melbourne).... tick tock tick tock tick tock

When get approval i'll submit e457 then... tick tock tick tock tick tock.

I am looking at 3 winters in a row at this stage:

Left Oz end of winter (28th Oct 2010)

Landed in Dublin -15 degrees (Nov 24th 2010)

Melbourne Winter on the way methinks

Hurry up, PLEASE

Hi, been reading the thread...another Dub in the mix. Heres my (well my sis) timeline

13/1 sponsorship submitted for ACT

20/1 nomination and e457 submitted

11/2 sponsorship....processed further...whatever that means!

hoping something happens soon......

Guest HavenMarra

I'm thinkin that's a good sign too if you are getting "processed further" so quickly. Hopefully we'll all be booking flights soon.

I was checking flight availability yesterday and it will be tight if mine takes 6 weeks - hurry up 457!

I looked yesterday on my e457 no change

today i saw this change

14/1/11 application recived

1/2/11 prossessing further

11/2/11 further information required:confused:

Now i must wait to see what's needed as it was logded by my employer so monday going to to take a long time to come around

I looked yesterday on my e457 no change

today i saw this change

14/1/11 application recived

1/2/11 prossessing further

11/2/11 further information required:confused:

Now i must wait to see what's needed as it was logded by my employer so monday going to to take a long time to come around

:biggrin::biggrin:It has been a long weekend but just spoke to the company and CO wanted info about the company so nothing serious she told me should not be long now

soon i will be doing this:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest MagsInCanberra

hi, 11/2 processing further, 14/2 more information requested for sponsorship.....dont know what that info was for, must talk to employer tomorrow, but making progress!

hope others are getting some too...

Me too! I discovered this morning that our status had been updated to Processed Further and they require my Husbands discharge letter from the territorial army. Only problem is that he left so long ago its stored away somewhere and could take 28 days to get it argh!!!!!!!

Nil movement from:

19/01/2011 Application received - processing commenced

19/01/2011 Application fee received

Gawd I hope I get some action on this soon. Just wanna get on with it.:arghh:.

Its kinda like watching paint dry.

Archived