Who else is waiting for SA Smp

rainyc

Hi Guys, I have just received an email from a government official who I e mailed last week asking if she knew when the SMP would be released and she has just replied that she made enquires of SA and they replied that it is planned for release in Jan 2011! Gone are all our hopes for release tomorrow! Let's hope its early Jan, we booked our flights yesterday for Feb 14th!!!

Lorraine x

I had similar response when I spoke to SA representative today

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all, I'm an accountant from the UK.

Was waiting a long time before the disappointment of the WA SMP, now I turn to SA as my second choice, and discover I could have applied for State Sponsorship all along.

Two questions, first, is there any point applying for state sponsorship via the interim list at this late stage, or am I better off just waiting for the SMP?

Secondly, do you really need a reference from your employer? I wasn't planning on telling my boss until I handed in my notice!

Thanks for your time.

I am in a position where i dare not tell my current boss, i wouldnt have a job for long if i did. I sent a previous work apprasial and a letter why i was doing so, it worked for me.

Come on SMP, come on state sponsorship - even though I know the office is closed

The office is still open!!! My online tracking states that my application has been assessed but no decision has been made yet.....fingers crossed it will be tonight! (That will make my 7 night shifts a little more bearable :biggrin:) Will be a VERY nice Christmas present too!

Hi Guys, I have just received an email from a government official who I e mailed last week asking if she knew when the SMP would be released and she has just replied that she made enquires of SA and they replied that it is planned for release in Jan 2011! Gone are all our hopes for release tomorrow! Let's hope its early Jan, we booked our flights yesterday for Feb 14th!!!

Lorraine x

At least you had a reply. who did you email?

I sent an email to the SA rep in Australia House, the last time i emailed her she was really fast in her reply (about 1 hour after she opened it, but this was asking if i needed to send a signed form about my funds.)

But this time not, she read it last week, but still no reply. if you hadnt guessed already, this emails was about the SMP.

Hu Lil Bev - that is exciting, because our docs were received on teh same day as yours! Maybe worth another check.... What is your promary apps occupation? My OH is a secondary teacher. Good luck, and Happy Xmas! xx

Hi Guys

Dont know if i will get any joy but i emailed Chris Bowen this morning stating my annoyance in having paid out a small fortune and not able to receive a straight forward answer as to when the SMP would be released i'm sure it wont make a jot of difference but it made me feel better ranting at him.

Good luck guys

Neil

Guest smithys

Hi all,

Just wanted to say a very HAPPY CHRISTMAS to everyone.

Hope you all have a relaxing and lovely time and let's hope when we all get back to it in the New year SA will be ready to rock and roll!

Sending you all lots of love, health and happiness and best wishes.

Let us all try and enjoy our holiday period without worrying too much about the SMP!!!!:santadance:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! X X X X

Hi to all of you,

I wish you a happy time and a Merry Christmas.

Forget the trouble for a day and enjoy your time with your family, friends or forum members :wink:.

I wish you all to have lots of patience and to hope that next year everything will be better. So good luck with all your plans.

And don't give up!!!

I'm also waiting for SA Smp, but something must happen soon (I hope).

Karina

my friend who just had granted a visa last november is now on her way to aus with her family.. im gonna miss her.. she told me to see each other soon in oz.. we applied together but she granted first because her husband was on CSL after the sept 23 changes, and they are on their way to oz now.. im sad because we both really planned to get to oz and we wanted to go there together *sob* huhuhuhu

my friend who just had granted a visa last november is now on her way to aus with her family.. im gonna miss her.. she told me to see each other soon in oz.. we applied together but she granted first because her husband was on CSL after the sept 23 changes, and they are on their way to oz now.. im sad because we both really planned to get to oz and we wanted to go there together *sob* huhuhuhu

Hi Mlsdq,

I totally undesrtand how you feel! I feel exactly the same way.

When i started all the process in early 2009 and started thinking about immigration to Oz, no one from my friends ever thought that they will leave my country as well (not to Oz, but to other countries)

Now, people who even never dreamt about immigration, are leaving my contry in 2-3 months, and me who had this dream over 2 years is still here! So hard, but i really believe that this wait will be over soon and our dreams come true!

I wish everyone on PIO that their dreams finally come true in 2011!xxx

Nata:hug:

Hi

I just read the comments above. I know how you guys feel and how depressing this maybe for some of you.

I too have been dreaming of migrating for so long and tried to attempt everthing on my own. My first skills assessment was given a negative, and when i applied the secong time with the help of an agent, and I got my reply in Jan 2010, the rules changed. My agent asked my husband to apply at the same time as He is a systems engineer but his skills assessment took a longer time and when he got his ASCO from ACS as Systems manager, the program was shut down and there was no way we could put our application in.

So yes, it's the case of redoing everything again -- new skills assessments etc. ACS gave a 60 day deadline for revalidation but since systems manager was no longer on the SOL and it was broken upto 3 other occupations on the list we waited to see which smp would have it. It's pretty depressing doing all this again.

And the wait.... has been pretty difficult.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/939781-post352.html

The SA Government cannot unilaterally issue their SMP. It is probable that SA would love to open up their list of occupations, but the MoU is not yet signed off by the Federal Government.

Best regards.

Hi Alan, Is the MoU not signed off yet? I thought it was almost there the week leading up to Xmas?! Do you think it will not be until well into January that this now will get signed off when everyone is back at work?

Hu Lil Bev - that is exciting, because our docs were received on teh same day as yours! Maybe worth another check.... What is your promary apps occupation? My OH is a secondary teacher. Good luck, and Happy Xmas! xx

....still waiting, maybe the office is shut between xmas and new year. Seeing that it had been assessed and waiting for a decision had me all excited, now back to the waiting game then :SLEEP:

Keep in touch and let me know if you have any news on your application! My occupation is registered nurse, fingers crossed it will be on the list. Hope you had a great xmas, and a fab new year! x

Hi all,

My heart almost popped out of my chest...!!!

I logged on Immi SA, as you do even thought you know the SMP isnt gonna be released until the new year!

Anyway, home page showing - 'New Alert' dated today 30th Dec. I couldnt focus properly at first, turns out its just an Alert advising that SA will no longer be providing the On Arrival Service.:cry:

You all know what that means?? there are some staff working over the holidays! I will defo be checking their website 2moro, you never know! :wink: We live in hope.

Hope you all had a great xmas, and I wish you all the very best for the new year.

Adele

x

Hi Everyone,

felt I had to share this email I received this morning, so they are at work over this week, but no news yet :arghh:

In response to your e-mail, the State Migration Plan (SMP), State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) and sponsorship requirements is due to be released in the near future, but no confirmed date has been finalized. Immigration SA cannot advise on what occupations or criteria will be available until the SMP is released.

When the SMP is implemented if your occupation is on the list your application will receive priority processing as directed by DIAC. Please visit the DIAC website regarding priority processing.

Please monitor the Immigration SA website for the implementation of the SMP (date not yet confirmed).

Oh well, Happy New Year Everyone

Sharon

Hi Everyone,

felt I had to share this email I received this morning, so they are at work over this week, but no news yet :arghh:

In response to your e-mail, the State Migration Plan (SMP), State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) and sponsorship requirements is due to be released in the near future, but no confirmed date has been finalized. Immigration SA cannot advise on what occupations or criteria will be available until the SMP is released.

When the SMP is implemented if your occupation is on the list your application will receive priority processing as directed by DIAC. Please visit the DIAC website regarding priority processing.

Please monitor the Immigration SA website for the implementation of the SMP (date not yet confirmed).

Oh well, Happy New Year Everyone

Sharon

Well!!!! atleast they have stopped harping the old string that it will be released in December. But the faqs section for SA website still claims that it will be released in Dec :twitcy:

Q. When will the State Migration Plan be ready and implemented?

A. The State Migration Plan is due to be released shortly, but it is not likely to occur before December this year. You should continue to visit this website for updates. Integral to the SMP is the State Sponsored Migration List. Once it is finalised and signed off by the relevant Ministers, the SSML will be published on this website and implemented. If your occupation is on this List AND you meet all other requirements, you may apply for Sponsorship. If your occupation is not on the SSML you will not be eligible for Sponsorship.

Happy new year to all :biggrin:

Archived