Who else is waiting for SA Smp

rainyc

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Memorandum of Understanding dealing with the SMP for SA is presently with the Immigration Minister for approval.

Subject to other issues (such as refugee disasters) I am hopeful we will see the MoU signed this week. But please don't hold me to it ...

A very happy Xmas to all - and lets all hope for a less stressful year in 2011.

The Memorandum of Understanding dealing with the SMP for SA is presently with the Immigration Minister for approval.

Subject to other issues (such as refugee disasters) I am hopeful we will see the MoU signed this week. But please don't hold me to it ...

OMG! an update at last! let's hope for this week's present to us, Alan! Thanks for the info! :cry:

Thanks a lot Alan. You may be the carrier of the news we all have been waiting for a very long time. :smile:

Come on SMP, come on state sponsorship - even though I know the office is closed, I am still hopefully (read desperately, obsessively) checking my application status! x

Me too! What day did you send in your SS application? We are still waiting for ours and checking the online tracking religiously! Is the office definately closed and do you know when it is due to reopen? I was hoping to get SS before xmas as a nice xmas present....dont think that will happen now :sad:

Lil Bev - Hate to give you bad news so close to Xmas, when i had my SS (last month) it was two weeks exactly from the day they received my paperwork. I sent my paperwork by courier, it took them 3 working days to get there. I know a few around the same time was 14 days also, yours might come back sooner, but during Nov that seemed to be the average.

I really cannot comment on when or if the office is open i am waiting for this SMP, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww to release.....we had better be on it after all this waiting and not false hope with my trade being on their interim list. (and everyone else of course)

Thanks Alan for the info. Its good to know something is happening with SMP.

I was really hoping it would have been out by now I went ahead and booked our meds, we're doing them tomorrow I guess now we're taking a chance. Will electricians will be on the list ???? who knows, well if interim list is anything to go by hopefully so, fingers crossed we will ALL be on it.

Getting really nervous about med's now, don't know why we're all in good health no complaints I think the word test just freaks me out:arghh:.

Lil Bev - Hate to give you bad news so close to Xmas, when i had my SS (last month) it was two weeks exactly from the day they received my paperwork. I sent my paperwork by courier, it took them 3 working days to get there. I know a few around the same time was 14 days also, yours might come back sooner, but during Nov that seemed to be the average.

I really cannot comment on when or if the office is open i am waiting for this SMP, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww to release.....we had better be on it after all this waiting and not false hope with my trade being on their interim list. (and everyone else of course)

Thanks Gaz n Family. Well they received them on the 7th Dec so if we go by the 2 week past record then i should get my sponsorship tomorrow.....if the office is open that is!!! FINGERS CROSSED! Good luck when the SMP comes out.

I was really hoping it would have been out by now I went ahead and booked our meds, we're doing them tomorrow I guess now we're taking a chance. Will electricians will be on the list ???? who knows, well if interim list is anything to go by hopefully so, fingers crossed we will ALL be on it.

Getting really nervous about med's now, don't know why we're all in good health no complaints I think the word test just freaks me out:arghh:.

Sorry did'nt press the quote post button

Hi Guys

Good luck with your meds tomorrow i'm sure you'll be fine and think your doing the right thing cos it will cut down any waiting around once the SMP comes out which we WILL WILL WILL be on.

Also just to let you know got my workbooks today so as from tomorrow its back to school again.

Neil

Best of luck for your meds today:jiggy:. Please do share with us your experience. :smile:

Thanks guys, well we did them this morning I was up a half five as we had to be their for 8am,, it had pelted down with snow the night before so wasn't taking any chances thankfully we made it just in time. It took almost 2 and a 1/2 hours for the five of us. It went well no major problems well apart from my 9 year old, she had an issue with her sample so had to do a second one which had to be sent off to be tested I wont know till Thursday how she got on but the Dr thinks she might just have a kidney infection fingers crossed that's all it is I'm a little worried now, she also said if it wasn't further investigations would have to take place, funny thing is she is fine no symptoms of anything what so ever.

The exam itself was fine all the normal stuff sight, hearing, reflex's, blood pressure height, weight a urine sample, blood test and x ray.

We were lucky we were able to do it on line, all our info was on the system.

My potts will be gone by the time we get to Thursday (hope my little one is OK)

Maria.

Guest AndyH78

Hi all, I'm an accountant from the UK.

Was waiting a long time before the disappointment of the WA SMP, now I turn to SA as my second choice, and discover I could have applied for State Sponsorship all along.

Two questions, first, is there any point applying for state sponsorship via the interim list at this late stage, or am I better off just waiting for the SMP?

Secondly, do you really need a reference from your employer? I wasn't planning on telling my boss until I handed in my notice!

Thanks for your time.

Hi all I'm a Carpenter/Joiner, W.A was my second choice, luckily got S/A SS in nov and they don't charge a fee unlike W.A. Also because Im self employed had to get 2 reference covering last 4years. All I can say is get youre reference off you're boss. I got 2 2yrs ago and still work their to date. At the end of the day were all doing this for a better life for our families.

Was waiting a long time before the disappointment of the WA SMP, now I turn to SA as my second choice, and discover I could have applied for State Sponsorship all along.

Two questions, first, is there any point applying for state sponsorship via the interim list at this late stage, or am I better off just waiting for the SMP?

Secondly, do you really need a reference from your employer? I wasn't planning on telling my boss until I handed in my notice!

Thanks for your time.

Are you CIMA or ACCA or CA

SA Interim list includes only Managment Accountant

No harm in applying now, What if SA completes Managment Accountant Quota?

By the time you apply online, send documents within 30 days, SMP will be out. you will have choice to accept and carry on or simply let SS expires

Guest AndyH78

Hi, I'm ACCA, but have had my skills assesed on the old codes so still qualify as Management Accountant.

I guess it will do no harm to apply anyway, though it will probably have to wait until new year now as my boss has finished for the year.

Hi, I'm ACCA, but have had my skills assesed on the old codes so still qualify as Management Accountant.

I guess it will do no harm to apply anyway, though it will probably have to wait until new year now as my boss has finished for the year.

I supose you should apply

Make sure before youl og on to on-line application, read the question and complete relevant research and write in your own words

I am CIMA, and have Managment Accountant Experiences therefore no problem in demonstrating relevant experince

Good luck

Guest smithys

Secondly, do you really need a reference of your employer? I wasn't planning on telling my boss until I handed in my notice!

Thanks for your time.

Hi and welcome,

It is true that SA are accepting applications and also that they have historically been quick in dealing with their applicants too (average about 1 month/6 weeks).

Also check your 'type' of accountant is on their interim list BUT we have no definite way of knowing which occupations will be on their SMP as yet. I think the general consensus is we are very hopeful all those on the interim list WILL be on the SMP (along with other trades) It makes very good sense that they will put those occupations on as it would be odd if they were accepting them now and then not put them on the SMP. But as I said we just don't know for sure.

My advise for what it's worth would be to collate everything that you need for sponsorship - all the paperwork/IELTS/etc etc and have it all ready, this in itself can take a while. We are expecting it to be released anytime now (well, early in the New year hopefully) It is said to be ready to be signed off now so shouldn't be too long at all. A couple of weeks or so won't make too much difference and as SA are fairly speedy I don't think it will hold you back at all, as you will need this time to gather everything needed.

With regards to the employer reference: I think you HAVE to prove that you do the job you say you are doing. I understand your predicament, my husband was in a similar quandry but luckily he works for a large company and although he got a good reference he got it from his supervisor rather than 'The Head man', so to speak!! Is there not someone else you trust in your company you could ask? I think you have to show recent work experience - it's essential. Someone else may have had a similar experience, I suggest it might be an idea to post this question as a new and seperate thread as it'll get picked up by many more.

Hope this helps you and I wish you lots of luck - Merry Christmas!

I supose you should apply

Make sure before youl og on to on-line application, read the question and complete relevant research and write in your own words

I am CIMA, and have Managment Accountant Experiences therefore no problem in demonstrating relevant experince

Good luck

Hi

Does relevant work experience have to be post qualification? I qualified (CIMA) in July this year, but have been in my current role as a Managment Accountant for the last 3 years,and have accoutancy experience stretching back 7 years. Can my pre-qualifying experience count as relevant, or is it just post qualification experience? Just to note I do not have an Accoutnacy degree.

Thanks

Hi

Does relevant work experience have to be post qualification? I qualified (CIMA) in July this year, but have been in my current role as a Managment Accountant for the last 3 years,and have accoutancy experience stretching back 7 years. Can my pre-qualifying experience count as relevant, or is it just post qualification experience? Just to note I do not have an Accoutnacy degree.

Thanks

SA SS will not ask about qualification time line, only the qualifications achieved and experiences

When you draft your CV, do not put date/year in Qualification section

on SA website there is no mention of "POST Qualification Experience"

You can become CPA Australia member based on ACMA, ask CIMA memebership team, how to complete process?

CPA will be very handy when you go to Australia and State respect CPA qualification

My case is different in way, I have an Accountancy degree, CIMA and CPA

My work experience starts from year I finished degree

Hi Guys, I have just received an email from a government official who I e mailed last week asking if she knew when the SMP would be released and she has just replied that she made enquires of SA and they replied that it is planned for release in Jan 2011! Gone are all our hopes for release tomorrow! Let's hope its early Jan, we booked our flights yesterday for Feb 14th!!!

Lorraine x

Archived