Who else is waiting for SA Smp

rainyc

Guest smithys

It is such crap news but I think we should all try not to be too down.

They may release - the info I received I checked tonight and haven't spoken to my agent. It came in an automated email regarding TAS smp. I just sort of scrolled through it and at the bottom it said this:

We are still waiting on New South Wales and South Australia publishing their plans; we have no firm dates for publication as yet. New South Wales has indicated that no release date for their SMP is set, but that there will be no major changes in the occupations they will sponsor, while South Australia has advised that no SMP will be announced before the holiday break.

So it's not clear at all when they intend to release.

I will call them tomorrow and let you know what they say. As I said earlier, they have always been very careful at only usually passing on what they feel is relevant. However, we can all still hope. These States and DIAC are a complete law unto themselves and what is said or has been told one day often changes the next. So I will speak to them and in the meantime continue with my very large glass of red!!

If it is true, we can only then hope it will be released as soon as the New Year starts.

I guess realistically we probably wouldn't have got many CO's now as it's so very near to xmas and with WA just releasing, they need time to get through those.

Love and luck,

Rose xx

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rose,

Thanks for all that info, I emailed SA this morning so should get a reply overnight, our agent also Go Matilda is contacting them and he said he had not heard this about no release before Xmas.

But they are all on skeleton staff up until early Jan and into Jan, arggghhhhh will we ever get anywhere, its always a case of one step forward and 2 steps back!

Back to the Thorntons chocs and large glass of rose!!

x

Guest smithys

Lorraine, I've just PM'd you!!

God I hope you are right and it might be a nasty rumour!!

Thing is , we would not have heard anything even if it gets released before xmas BUT it would all make us feel better knowing the list was out AND that hopefully we are all bloomin on it!!!

I know I've recently had a birthday but God I'm feeling 10 years older not just 1 !!

You know I hope our agents got it wrong and I'm sorry for upsetting anyone xx

Thing is , we would not have heard anything even if it gets released before xmas BUT it would all make us feel better knowing the list was out AND that hopefully we are all bloomin on it!!!

I know I've recently had a birthday but God I'm feeling 10 years older not just 1 !!

I had two conversations with SA representative, first time infomred that SA SMP will release this Friday and later told it may slip to next Friday

Finger crossed

Just one question though, if you are on interim list what stopping you from apply

Guest smithys
I had two conversations with SA representative, first time infomred that SA SMP will release this Friday and later told it may slip to next Friday

Finger crossed

Just one question though, if you are on interim list what stopping you from apply

Let us really hope you are right, would be lovely to hear some good news for us all before the holidays.

There is nothing stopping anyone from applying if you are on the list, however we can only hope we are on the smp.

Not sure if you meant me but we applied for our 175 in Oct '09 and we already have SS from SA, which we received earlier this year, so we, like so many others are actually just waiting to get our CO's and visa!!!

Rose x

Let us really hope you are right, would be lovely to hear some good news for us all before the holidays.

There is nothing stopping anyone from applying if you are on the list, however we can only hope we are on the smp.

Not sure if you meant me but we applied for our 175 in Oct '09 and we already have SS which we received earlier this year, so we, like so many others are actually just waiting to get out CO's and visa!!!

Rose x

Ok, I thought you are waiting to apply

Hi Rose,

Dont worry, you have not upset anyone.. you were just the bearer of possibly bad news! lol

I know exactly what you mean about feeling you have aged throughout this whole process, its just torture. Just a little bit of good news would cheer me right up.

I am getting fed up of family & friends asking me whats going on.. how can we tell them when we dont even know.. I just feel a fool now as I told them we should know our fate before xmas!! and now this?

Lets hope your agent is wong and we all get a nice little surprise this week or maybe next.... :wink:

Adele xx

So sorry to bring you news that makes you mad!!!!!!!!! Me too!

And sorry to hear that WA let you down too.

Well you never know, my agent may have heard wrong - however, they have never been one to enter into any speculation, if they didn't know - they wouldn't say. So as much as I hate it, it might be true. You never know, they could get it released sooner.

On another note, they also said that NSW stated they have NO date planned at all for their release! So even with all this we may not be the last people left, think of the NSW peeps!

Oh my god.....I have never been so disapointed as now, reading what you said about SA, and 30 seconds later reading about NSW....:cry::arghh::cry::arghh:

It is such crap news but I think we should all try not to be too down.

They may release - the info I received I checked tonight and haven't spoken to my agent. It came in an automated email regarding TAS smp. I just sort of scrolled through it and at the bottom it said this:

We are still waiting on New South Wales and South Australia publishing their plans; we have no firm dates for publication as yet. New South Wales has indicated that no release date for their SMP is set, but that there will be no major changes in the occupations they will sponsor, while South Australia has advised that no SMP will be announced before the holiday break.

So it's not clear at all when they intend to release.

I will call them tomorrow and let you know what they say. As I said earlier, they have always been very careful at only usually passing on what they feel is relevant. However, we can all still hope. These States and DIAC are a complete law unto themselves and what is said or has been told one day often changes the next. So I will speak to them and in the meantime continue with my very large glass of red!!

If it is true, we can only then hope it will be released as soon as the New Year starts.

I guess realistically we probably wouldn't have got many CO's now as it's so very near to xmas and with WA just releasing, they need time to get through those

Rose xx

Rose,

could you please ask about NSW too? Pleaaaase...:wubclub:

I can´t believe they don´t have a date....:swoon:

DIAC said they would all come in December....it´s sooooo unfair....:arghh:

you can ask the question away in this forum, people will surely have an idea or experience about it to give you a reliable information.

thank you, are very nice, but it's a bit more specific... hm, if you have an approved SS, and something changes, i mean some cicumstances, which was totally out of your controland you did everything according to the requirements . Do u have to notify the SA gov about that? can they withdraw your sponsorship?

Hi guys just trying to spread a little optimism or hope whatever you want to call it, here is the reply we got from SA from an e-mail we sent them last night.

How out of order would it be of them to reply with this, knowing as Rose kindly posted yesterday that there will be no movement until the new year, WHO KNOWS WHATS GOING ON just got to keep those fingers tightly crossed.

Neil

In response to your e-mail, the State Migration Plan (SMP), State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) and sponsorship requirements is due to be released this month (no confirmed date has been finalized).

Please monitor the Immigration SA website for the implementation of the SMP (date not yet confirmed).

Visa options :: Make The Move

Regards

Program Support Officer, General Skilled Migration

International Market Development - Migration

Department of Trade and Economic Development

thank you, are very nice, but it's a bit more specific... hm, if you have an approved SS, and something changes, i mean some cicumstances, which was totally out of your controland you did everything according to the requirements . Do u have to notify the SA gov about that? can they withdraw your sponsorship?

Hi eszter, no I don't think any change in circumstances after your SS application will affect it's validity. Maybe if someone was less than truthful about their situation when completing their application it may be a different story.

Anyway why don't you post the same question as a new thread, it will get many more views and you may get a better answer.

Sarah:wubclub:

Irrespective of all the speculations of SA not announcing its smp before xmas, I am hoping that tomorrow morning when I check this thread I see cheerful posts from all of you guys.... I hope tomorrow brings peace for all of us waiting for SA smp.....:happy_face_mummy_bo

Irrespective of all the speculations of SA not announcing its smp before xmas, I am hoping that tomorrow morning when I check this thread I see cheerful posts from all of you guys.... I hope tomorrow brings peace for all of us waiting for SA smp.....:happy_face_mummy_bo

I am also addicted to PIO and waiting for SMP of SA as i am holding SS of 2009 from SA.

However, I think that all the States has released their SMPs in 2 stages: First we have heard that the SMP has been signed off by the Minister and then it took several days/weeks to publish the immi department of the States on their web sites.

So i guees, it will not be published tomorrow, as we even have not heard that the Minister of DIAC have signed off the SMP of SA. Correct me if i am wrong though!

Good luck to everyone! :wubclub:

Nata

Guest smithys

Hi all,

Well I spoke to my agent today and they are standing by their annoncement I'm afraid.

They said that it was stated by SA on their website also.

She also confirmed what has been mentioned that DIAC run on a skeleton staff early Jan due to people deciding to take holiday leave.

She said that she was baffled as to why they SA are not ready to sign off - her and me both!!!!!! and hopefully should release in Jan.

I know we seem to have conflicting views, and I really hope to God that we get good news before xmas.

I'm going to take the view that I won't expect anything before the end of this year and if something positive happens it will be a lovely bonus. xx

@cazhoney - I did ask about NSW and her reply was that they have stated ''NSW has not implemented any anticipated release date as yet'' - so sorry.

Cheers guys xx

Hi all,

Well I spoke to my agent today and they are standing by their annoncement I'm afraid.

She also confirmed what has been mentioned that DIAC run on a skeleton staff early Jan due to people deciding to take holiday leave.

She said that she was baffled as to why they SA are not ready to sign off - her and me both!!!!!! and hopefully should release in Jan.

I know we seem to have conflicting views, and I really hope to God that we get good news before xmas.

I'm going to take the view that I won't expect anything before the end of this year and if something positive happens it will be a lovely bonus. xx

@cazhoney - I did ask about NSW and her reply was that they have stated ''NSW has not implemented any anticipated release date as yet'' - so sorry.

Cheers guys xx

I am so sad :sad: I want to cry :cry:

I've had a search of SA's website can't find any reference to anything about it being after the holidays?? The only thing I can find is in the FAQs and it says the SMP is not expected before december this year.

I really hope your agent has misinterpreted the info on the website, although I suppose in the grand scheme of things what the heck is another couple of weeks after all the months we've been waiting!!

Hi all,

Cheers guys xx

I really, really don't undestand why so many people have to wait for this SMP since July 2010! It is already mid of December, why could some states think beforehand, plan and release their SMP in November, and SA can't afford to follow their and Minister's promise to publish in in December?!!! :arghh:

Why can't people just relax on Christmas and finally know where they stand in immi process?!

Come on SA, please release it and go for holidays releifed by the fact that you dont't have to complete the things that are pending from 2010!

I really don't wanna spend holidays in Christmas and New Year in uncertanity again!

I've had a search of SA's website can't find any reference to anything about it being after the holidays?? The only thing I can find is in the FAQs and it says the SMP is not expected before december this year.

I really hope your agent has misinterpreted the info on the website, although I suppose in the grand scheme of things what the heck is another couple of weeks after all the months we've been waiting!!

All

Last week when I spoke to SA representative, I have been told Friday tomorrow.

However, again having conversation Monday gone, I have been told SMP slipped to next Friday

Be patient, each goverment has right to do what best for country. After all, its delay only.

Finger cross

Archived