Who else is waiting for SA Smp

rainyc

Hi all

Just wondering how many of us South Australian bound boys and girls are eagerly awaiting the magic day.

Also what is your profession and date of application.

I'm a sparky submitted Sept 09.

Come on SA pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smithys

Hellooo!!

Was just thinking the same thing about starting a thread - well done!

My OH is a Solid Plasterer, submitted original 175 in Oct '09. Really hoping it's on the SMP.

What are everyones thoughts on trades/occupations that they think will be included? I'm hoping those on the interim list should be??? (hopefully!)

COME ON SA!!!!!

Good luck x

Rose.

Yes we agree that the jobs on the interim list must be on the SMP. DIAC are speeding their way through Victorias applications but have a feeling once they are all released it may slow down drastically.

Heres hoping we will all be celebrating too, very soon.

Guest smithys

God I hope so!!!

The only thing about not releasing together, I guess, is at least the CO's are not dealing with ALL the States at once?? So might not create such a backlog? and when the time comes can keep the ball rolling with the fast allocations? or I am I trying to be too hopeful?!

I hope we all get a a xmas present in the shape of a CO!!

Hi fellow SA hopefuls,

We too are waiting on the SMP, Im a Metal Machinist 1st Class applied 10th November 09.

Can't believe it will be 1 year 2moro since we applied, and been at a standstill for all that time so really hope we get positive news from SMP.

Please please release soon and put all us SA folk out of our misery!!

Cheers & good luck

Hi we're waiting not very patiently as well, OH is also a spark.

God i was very surprised to see how fast the cat 2's are getting their CO's. Maybe all vic's and ACT's applicants will be finalised before ours is released so it might not be too bad.

we're may 2010 so haven't been waiting as long as some.

Does anyone know when SA are talking about releasing their SMP ?? I agree that interim list is very likely to be on the SMP well at least i hope so.

Maria.

Hi we're waiting not very patiently as well, OH is also a spark.

God i was very surprised to see how fast the cat 2's are getting their CO's. Maybe all vic's and ACT's applicants will be finalised before ours is released so it might not be too bad.

we're may 2010 so haven't been waiting as long as some.

Does anyone know when SA are talking about releasing their SMP ?? I agree that interim list is very likely to be on the SMP well at least i hope so.

Maria.

Hi Maria, Your OH done well finding a sponsor, we found a company but they chickened out because of the potential red tape!! Heres hoping you wont need the 457 now and if we all make it out there we should meet up for drinks and sparky talk for the men!! (NOT!!)

x

Guest smithys

I spoke with my agent the other day and she said 'very soon' :laugh:

So don't really think that helps! I have read that ALL States have been quoted as wanting to release before end of 2010, I know that seems like ages but hopefully it will be before then,I'm thinking most will be out by the end of this month.

Judging by the speed of allocations I think Cat 2's will be worked through with speed, so let them keep moving as they are and when SA release - they will be ready for us!!!!!!!!!

Positive vibes guys, positive vibes.

Hi Maria, Your OH done well finding a sponsor, we found a company but they chickened out because of the potential red tape!! Heres hoping you wont need the 457 now and if we all make it out there we should meet up for drinks and sparky talk for the men!! (NOT!!)

x

Thanks, yea we are delighted but its not definite yet as the employer hasn't submitted his part but in saying that they seem really interested and are still in touch.

OH is doing the peer course he got the books last week.OMG, I couldn't believe the price of the book's over $500 and then another $100 to post them its all money money money.

If you need it i have all the info I can send it on to you.

Maria.

Guest owenker4

Hi all,

My OH is patiently waiting for SA SM release to, however we only got our TRA 2 weeks before Immigration changed the list so have not even lodged any type of visa yet and will only be in a position to lodge after we are granted state sponsor. We can that lodge a 176 - Does that mean we will wait a lot longer than anyone who has already got a visa lodged ? Its only fair I suppose but just wondered if anyone else in the same position.

thanks Kerry & Neil

Thanks, yea we are delighted but its not definite yet as the employer hasn't submitted his part but in saying that they seem really interested and are still in touch.

OH is doing the peer course he got the books last week.OMG, I couldn't believe the price of the book's over $500 and then another $100 to post them its all money money money.

If you need it i have all the info I can send it on to you.

Maria.

OH going to order the books from PEER tomorrow but we got told when we phoned them that it now costs $1,495 cos its now a 4 day course which now includes a practical as well and also covers the cost of the theory exam as well not sure if you were aware of this.

Hi All SA hopefuls

OH is Chief Information Officer, IT Manager on old list, we applied November 2009, currently stewing in Cat 4!!!

Really hope SA release soon, although read another post today by George Lombard saying he doesn't think it will be before December!!!

Really hoping that SA will release a list similar to ACT (we are on their list) with lots of occupations on it, because if we go on SA interim list then we have no chance of being on SMP, don't even want to think about the realities of that!!

Come on SA, please put us out of our misery and let us know what is happening, i can't take the suspense much longer :arghh:

hope we all get some GOOD NEWS REALLY SOON, please please please

Jill

Jill (31), Sam (35) and William (2);Agent appointed: 23 March 2009;ACS Skills Assessment: 7 July 2009;Positive Skills Assessment: 7 August 2009;SA SS Applied: 15 September 2009;All paperwork received by SA: 28 September 2009;SA SS Granted: 9 November 2009;475 Visa Application Submitted: 24 November 2009

OH going to order the books from PEER tomorrow but we got told when we phoned them that it now costs $1,495 cos its now a 4 day course which now includes a practical as well and also covers the cost of the theory exam as well not sure if you were aware of this.

Thanks for that, sorry i wasn't very clear had a late one last night and was up very early this morning, so my head's not the best i think i need my bed.

One of my best friends is getting married on Friday so we all decided to have our nails done and you know yourself one glass of vino leads to another glass of vino and so on, so knackered.

Oh applied and paid for the course and the book's, yea that sounds about what he paid.

We ordered the books last Thursday week and had them by the following Tuesday. He says theirs lots to take in but its all stuff he did when doing his trade exams so nothing too difficult.

Its would be gas if they ended up doing the exam together.

Talk soon

Maria.x

Hi all,

My OH is patiently waiting for SA SM release to, however we only got our TRA 2 weeks before Immigration changed the list so have not even lodged any type of visa yet and will only be in a position to lodge after we are granted state sponsor. We can that lodge a 176 - Does that mean we will wait a lot longer than anyone who has already got a visa lodged ? Its only fair I suppose but just wondered if anyone else in the same position.

thanks Kerry & Neil

Hi to all SA hopefuls,

Like Kerry and Neil we cannot lodge our 176 until or if indeed we are granted SA SS. I believe that if our OH occupations are on the SMP, then this would potentially give us Category 2 processing along with all the other applications already submitted whose occupations were also on the SMP. However I am no visa/immigration expert so may have misunderstood.

We applied for SA SS 18/10/10. OH is a carpenter.

Good luck to everyone waiting :hug:

Lorraine x

Hi to all SA hopefuls,

Like Kerry and Neil we cannot lodge our 176 until or if indeed we are granted SA SS. I believe that if our OH occupations are on the SMP, then this would potentially give us Category 2 processing along with all the other applications already submitted whose occupations were also on the SMP. However I am no visa/immigration expert so may have misunderstood.

We applied for SA SS 18/10/10. OH is a carpenter.

Good luck to everyone waiting :hug:

Lorraine x

Good luck to you as well. Let us know when you are granted sponsorship.

Guest yorkspud

hi all awaiting the SA SMPmy son in law was grented SS in feb this year still waiting for CO he's a mechanic wonder if its going to depend on how many of each trade or profesion is wanted good luck to one and all i hava been here since 1977 went back for 7years but had to come back (HOME)

Hello all,

I am also wating for SMP of SA to be released!! I have applied for a visa in October 2009 and my occupation is "Intelligence officer"! So i hope i am on the SMP and will get the priority at last!

Good luck all and i believe SA will not delay it..

Nata :hug:

Patiently waiting? I'm a nurse and lodged sept 10. Just wish they'd get on with it

Couldn't agree more, right thats it i,ve had my morning fix of PIO now off to work then back on when get back MY GOD i think i'm addicted help me SA come on and put me out of my misery :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

come on now SA please, am developing OCD now!!!

Jill (31), Sam (35) and William (2);Agent appointed: 23 March 2009;ACS Skills Assessment: 7 July 2009;Positive Skills Assessment: 7 August 2009;SA SS Applied: 15 September 2009;All paperwork received by SA: 28 September 2009;SA SS Granted: 9 November 2009;475 Visa Application Submitted: 24 November 2009

Guest Phillips family

COME ON SA!! I CAN NOT GO THROUGH ANOTHER WINTER IN THE UK !!! I AM SO MISERABLE & COLD!!PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trudy (38) Jay(40) Electrican (special class) Gracie (8) Gabriel (5 next week & dont we know it) TRA NOV 09 SA SS applied May 3rd 10 SS approved 29/09/10 176 submitted 04/10/10