Who else is waiting for SA Smp

rainyc

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest stonefox

233211 Engineering Manager also on the list - now cat2 :biggrin:

Congrats to all those on the list.

If anyone has missed out, I am sorry, I hope your dreams and plans work out.

Oh my god - not in a million years did I expect anything to change before (at the earliest tomorrow).

Checked PIO for want of anything else to do and actually thought I would be sick when I saw SMP had been releases as we still haven't had a decision on our SS application, so before I checked whether we still had a cat in hell's chance of moving forward I checked our online application and it says "CONGRATULATIONS!" - we were granted on 31/12/10 (and I spent a good amount of time drunkenly mourning my lack of SS on NYE!). And to top it off secondary science teacher is on SMP - WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!

Better get a move on with our visa app. Happy New Year Everybody!!!!!! xxxx

I don't want to p*ss on anyone's parade, but there is nothing on the official SA website, DIAC's website or the Minister's page, to indicate that SA's migration plan has been released.

What we have is one old link to a list created some time ago. This is not official.

I don't want to p*ss on anyone's parade, but there is nothing on the official SA website, DIAC's website or the Minister's page, to indicate that SA's migration plan has been released.

What we have is one old link to a list created some time ago. This is not official.

Whilst i do have slight reservations as it cannot be found other than using the posted links, but the document is dated 16th Dec 2010 and the jobs quoted as reached their limit and also listed on this document as not available so i do have some confidence in this document.

Guest Dave7558

Well I dont care whether it's right or wrong; theres light at the end of the tunnel and my torch is about flat :)

Guest jojaks

Ok read the list and were on it !!!

BUT ....................... are we sure this is the list ? isnt this just the interim list they put together ??

GOD I HOPE NOT !

Some clarity on the matter is very much needed before we go celebrating me thinks !

Just done a site search on sa.gov and got no where.

Any help ??????????????????????

Guest jojaks

OK OK !

Alan Collette of Go Matilda has the news plastered all over his web site so ive gotta asume its correct and above board so.......................................................................

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Effin Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

here we go boys n girls

Thanks Sharon! So exciting! Even if the SMP is not the SMP it still means we can apply - woohoo! I'd rather not wait 3 - 5 years, but I can if I have to!

Good luck with getting a CO, and your application getting moving! x

Hi all,

yipeee.........We are on it too, only checked this morning.. Last night is probably the only night in months that we havent checked (typical) as it was OH birthday yesterday, wow what a birthday pressie!!

Congratulations to all, its a very good start to 2011... yee hee:smile:

Adele x

Guest clayty

Bricklayer!!!

Yeeeehaaa!

Get in there you beauty!

Happy new year indeed

Good luck everyone !

Cheers

Paul,Jeanette,Jamie lee

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Guest jigarercivil

As we know SA SMP released not officially...but occupation list fixed so if some one want to check his/her occupation then check this list :wink::wink:

Guest gromofon

hi everyone,

I've checked the list and noticed that my occupation is n/a and has special requirement IELTS 6.5 (I have 6.0) in each band, however when I applied on sponsorship one month ago there were no such criteria so that now I have valid sponsorship.

If I lodge my application in DIAC will I receive priority 2 or not as I do not meet IELTS requirement for this occupation.

Oh my god - not in a million years did I expect anything to change before (at the earliest tomorrow).

Checked PIO for want of anything else to do and actually thought I would be sick when I saw SMP had been releases as we still haven't had a decision on our SS application, so before I checked whether we still had a cat in hell's chance of moving forward I checked our online application and it says "CONGRATULATIONS!" - we were granted on 31/12/10 (and I spent a good amount of time drunkenly mourning my lack of SS on NYE!). And to top it off secondary science teacher is on SMP - WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!

Better get a move on with our visa app. Happy New Year Everybody!!!!!! xxxx

Hi China.. Congratulations!!! :yes:

I have also applied for SA SS around the same time as you so wanted to know how long you had to wait for your status to change to approved cos my status still shows as "Application Assessed" but "No Decision Yet". Thank-you. :unsure:

Guest jigarercivil

You got SS as per old requirements so now you are in cat 2 enjoy:wink:

hi everyone,

I've checked the list and noticed that my occupation is n/a and has special requirement IELTS 6.5 (I have 6.0) in each band, however when I applied on sponsorship one month ago there were no such criteria so that now I have valid sponsorship.

If I lodge my application in DIAC will I receive priority 2 or not as I do not meet IELTS requirement for this occupation.

Guest gromofon

thanks.

does it mean that if I lodge my application in DIAC in next two weeks I will receive priority 2? will DIAC check IELTS requirements as per new SMP list for my occupation at the moment of lodgement?

Guest Dave7558
hi everyone,

I have been thinking the same and hope I am wrong. This statment on SA website would indicate that you do not meet all the requirements under the SSML/SMP and would stay cat 3.

Interim List to State Sponsored Migration List or SMP

If your sponsorship application for an occupation from the pdf_small_icon.gif Interim List is approved and IF this occupation also appears on the SSML/SMP when it is published, your visa application will be elevated to Priority 2 by DIAC provided it meets all the requirements under the SSML/SMP.

Archived