Who else is waiting for SA Smp

rainyc

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just realized that we are so much addicted to this thread "Who else is waiting for SA Smp" that even when it has served its purpose we are still sticking to it :biglaugh:

I think the reason it that SA made us wait a lot.... this thread should be just 10-12 pages but it has grown 53 pages :smile:

I just realized that we are so much addicted to this thread "Who else is waiting for SA Smp" that even when it has served its purpose we are still sticking to it :biglaugh:

I think the reason it that SA made us wait a lot.... this thread should be just 10-12 pages but it has grown 53 pages :smile:

Its become our safety/comfort blanket it has helped out all of us, even just to vent frustration. Not being the op so difficult to claim, but shall we have a new thread, SA CO whose waiting? So any new joiners wont have to dig through our frustration, then the realisation of no smp pre christmas then the slating of smithy for posting a fake smp monday, ;-), then the sheer excitment when the SMP was released. But it would be nice to a stick to one thread, that way we all know where to go. Plus it will help when aranging the next nye party, in SA....... Unless everyone would prefer to stay on this one?

I know I thought the same, but I think things will move quicker in two weeks time I'd image most of the staff will be back off leave.

Plus the quota for SA is lower so may move faster.

Well that's what I'm hoping anyway.

Hi Maria, do you think if they are processing sa and wa that it won't just be on date order, cos my thinking was because there are so many wa applicants from 08 and 09 it will be ages before they move onto SA but does this mean they will be starting sa regardless if the applicants may be newer than the wa ones?? Does this make sense?? X

Gaz, you should definitey start a new thread, it wil lbe interesting/exciting to see who, adn how quickly the COs are allocated - I bet get tha visa app in, arrgghhh bring on the weekend so we can get it finished!!! x

Hi I had email from visa bureau yesterday, informing me the smp was released and that joiner was on it. He also said that Diac said C.O would be allocated in date of lodgment. So I'm assuming that 2008/2009 followed by 2010 applications.

Hi Maria, do you think if they are processing sa and wa that it won't just be on date order, cos my thinking was because there are so many wa applicants from 08 and 09 it will be ages before they move onto SA but does this mean they will be starting sa regardless if the applicants may be newer than the wa ones?? Does this make sense?? X

Hi, yea I would say they will do them side by side but not in date order, well yes date order but what i mean is I don't think it will matter if say they are processing WA Feb 09 I don't think it necessarily means they will stay on SA FEB apps I cant see them waiting till all WA Feb apps are are allocated, my thinking is they will just plough along regardless.

I counted the apps on cat 2 yesterday I think WA had about 50 apps up to may 2010 were as SA only had 15.

I know theirs lots more out their not just on PIO but it gives us some indication of the amounts of apps. I'm only guessing of course or hoping would be a better word.

Maria.x

Just did a recount its WA 39 as to SA 14 thats up to may 2010,

Hi, yea I would say they will do them side by side but not in date order, well yes date order but what i mean is I don't think it will matter if say they are processing WA Feb 09 I don't think it necessarily means they will stay on SA FEB apps I cant see them waiting till all WA Feb apps are are allocated, my thinking is they will just plough along regardless.

I counted the apps on cat 2 yesterday I think WA had about 50 apps up to may 2010 were as SA only had 15.

I know theirs lots more out their not just on PIO but it gives us some indication of the amounts of apps. I'm only guessing of course or hoping would be a better word.

Maria.x

Just did a recount its WA 39 as to SA 14 thats up to may 2010,[/quote.

Sorry for the delay, I've been at the hairdressers, havin my roots done lol. Glad u understood what I was trying to say. It will be fab if they do process like this, gettin excited now but also scared it won't haPpen for ages. But will stay optimistic. Just about to have a large glass of rose as iys my last day of being 40! Roll on the 17th hey! Neil is stuck in the other room with his head deep in that damn workbook, I will sup my wine and leave him be lol. Lorraine x

Hi Lorraine sorry im only sitting down now, ah fair play to you getting the oul hair done, its nice to pamper yourself now and again, jesus I could do with getting my own done starting to look like a badger even the kids are slagging me.

Yea getting very excited now myself but trying very hard not to, just in case something else is announced you know yourself.

Enjoy your glass of wine, i'll say cheers with me cuppa. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!:hug:

Maria.xxx

Guest aujdin

Maria.x

Just did a recount its WA 39 as to SA 14 that's up to may 2010,[/quote.

Sorry for the delay, I've been at the hairdressers, havin my roots done lol. Glad u understood what I was trying to say. It will be fab if they do process like this, gettin excited now but also scared it won't haPpen for ages. But will stay optimistic. Just about to have a large glass of rose as iys my last day of being 40! Roll on the 17th hey! Neil is stuck in the other room with his head deep in that damn workbook, I will sup my wine and leave him be lol. Lorraine x

also i think WA has reached its quota6000.that's why they released their smp with ultimate retirements( 7yrs exp, ielts...7...etc...)on the other hand SA is sponsoring still approximately 230 profession with lower requirements...as may be they r far from their quota 4890...so they dont have too much backlog ....so i think SA SMP holder may get CO like other state...very soon...:radar:

Eek, I love POI - it's so hard to explain to everyone else around you what's is, or isn't going on, and it's so nice to read other peoples' experiences, and get excited with and for other people! Good luck with those COs everybody! x

Guest Ramesh
how does it feel to shout too quick.

Hello 3jps,

Please guide me.

my details:

ASCO Code 2113-19 - Marine biologist

Received Vetasses report : 16-Jul-09

IELTS - 21-Oct-09 - 8 points

Received State Spon: 25-Jan-10

Applied DIAC for Visa: 23-Mar-10 (in the dark - waiting)

What is my status now??? Please advise. Also please tell me if i am in right lounge.

Regards

Ramesh

Hello 3jps,

Please guide me.

my details:

What is my status now??? Please advise. Also please tell me if i am in right lounge.

Regards

Ramesh

Congratulations!!!:jiggy: You are Cat 2. And since you received SS before 13 Dec so your case will be processed soon. Currently DIAC is processing cases who were launched before 13 Dec 2010. If you are SA sponsored then DIAC will start allocating SA SS cases on 17th Jan 2011. They will start with the applicants who applied back in 2008 & 2009 and then to 2010. You applied with DIAC on 23rd March so probably you will receive CO in Feb or March. Thats my guess...don't hold me if things do not turn out like this. :cute:

Wish you best of luck!

Hello 3jps,

Please guide me.

my details:

Regards

Ramesh

Hi ramesh,

we're on the same boat as my nominated occupation is also a marine biologist. sorry to tell you that we are in cat 4 as marine biologist is not on the SA SMP currently in effect. it means we have to wait until all the cat 2's and cat3's are served by diac which is quite remote since new applicants under these categories will keep on coming. let's just hope that someday we will also be given a chance to have a good shot with our visa quest. God bless us all who are still waiting for this opportunity.

3jps

Hi, just some info, thought you all might like to know, I've just been on to a very nice lady in the Adelaide processing centre to make a query about our 176. She said CO'S are being allocated next week nothing new with that I know but she also said they will move"VERY FAST" saying I should expect a co within two weeks.

Hi, just some info, thought you all might like to know, I've just been on to a very nice lady in the Adelaide processing centre to make a query about our 176. She said CO'S are being allocated next week nothing new with that I know but she also said they will move"VERY FAST" saying I should expect a co within two weeks.

can is ask when u applied? just to know, where they start:) he-he

cross our fingers! and thank you for the info!

Just wondering has anyone been given a CO YET??????

Hi maria, we have heard nothing yet!! We rang aspc last night but she didn't give us any timescale,just said its a bit early. I really hope the lady you spoke to was correct when she said within 2 weeks. I'm really peed off today :( Lorraine xx

as far as I know, there's one guy got CO assigned who got SA SS in early Dec and lodged 176 visa in Jan, really lucky guy.

dec means 2010 or 2009

Hi, could I ask a daft question? I amgoing to apply for SA SS next week, just waiting for one more letter. Now, the application is online on the SA gov's website. What happens next? Do I wait for a response or once submitted i apply on the immigration.gov.au website again with another application form? If so, what number is that form or is it the same as for 175 except you will tick yes for applying for ss? Sorry if I don't make sense, but basically I don't know all the forms to fill in except for the online ss application on SA gov website.

Archived