Who else is waiting for SA Smp

rainyc

Guest smithys

Guys I looked too on the SA site and couldn't find it either but she seemed confident this was what was happening.

I don't want to be the harbinger of such crap news, I'm merely passing it on and hope my agent gets proved wrong! As I said before, they have never, in nearly 2 years of dealing with them, have given me false info.

But I did get the impression it wasn't anything she was particularly TOLD though. Sooooo, again, we all will have to wait and see and hope.

Cheers x

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys just trying to spread a little optimism or hope whatever you want to call it, here is the reply we got from SA from an e-mail we sent them last night.

How out of order would it be of them to reply with this, knowing as Rose kindly posted yesterday that there will be no movement until the new year, WHO KNOWS WHATS GOING ON just got to keep those fingers tightly crossed.

Neil

In response to your e-mail, the State Migration Plan (SMP), State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) and sponsorship requirements is due to be released this month (no confirmed date has been finalized).

Please monitor the Immigration SA website for the implementation of the SMP (date not yet confirmed).

Visa options :: Make The Move

Regards

Program Support Officer, General Skilled Migration

International Market Development - Migration

Department of Trade and Economic Development

Hi,

I too emailed SA and got the exact same! Here's hoping before end Dec.

Cheers

Adele x

Hi all,

Well I spoke to my agent today and they are standing by their annoncement I'm afraid.

They said that it was stated by SA on their website also.

She also confirmed what has been mentioned that DIAC run on a skeleton staff early Jan due to people deciding to take holiday leave.

She said that she was baffled as to why they SA are not ready to sign off - her and me both!!!!!! and hopefully should release in Jan.

I know we seem to have conflicting views, and I really hope to God that we get good news before xmas.

I'm going to take the view that I won't expect anything before the end of this year and if something positive happens it will be a lovely bonus. xx

@cazhoney - I did ask about NSW and her reply was that they have stated ''NSW has not implemented any anticipated release date as yet'' - so sorry.

Cheers guys xx

Thanks....:arghh:

It's very frustrating but we shouldn't let it spoil our christmas holidays!

Maybe we should all reconcile ourselves to thinking that we wont hear anything until after the holiday period is over, and if we do hear some news beforehand then it's a bonus!

Good luck to SA peeps.

Have a good Christmas and New year fellow SA peeps, we will all get there soon I hope, and when we do we can throw a hell of a party! :santadance:

Lorraine xx

I think they are probably closed next Friday! If it doesn't happen before then it will be jan I reckon but soo hope I'm wrong

hmmmmm... why are we all thinking that it will be on Friday? It can be on any working day of the week....But looking at the trend of other states announcing their smps, Mondays & Fridays seems more appropriate.. so, it can also be the coming Monday.

ooh now i'm thinking monday!:laugh: We have had so much bad news lately we must be due good news! I am torturing myself reading about WA and QLD folk getting CO's!

Gill x

Now I feel better knowing I am not the only one feeeling jealous about other people getting CO´s....:cute:

Come on SMP, come on state sponsorship - even though I know the office is closed, I am still hopefully (read desperately, obsessively) checking my application status! Waiting for a response from a job application too (in the UK) - have so much housework to do but everytime I put the laptop away I compulsively get it out again...feel like a mental patient!

Good luck everyone, and thanks for letting me know that everyone else is checking as madly as me! x

Come on SA gives us a nice early Christmas present! Please!! :chatterbox:

OH Landscape Gardener - AQF III obtained 26th August '10. Applied to TRA 2nd Nov '10 . Passed TRA 28th Nov. Now waiting for SA's SMP!

Guest Turabul

Some piece of essential information from Immigration South Australia's FAQ.. link is Frequently asked questions : General skilled migration :: Make The Move

Q. When will the State Migration Plan be ready and implemented?

A. The State Migration Plan is due to be released shortly, but it is not likely to occur before December this year. You should continue to visit this website for updates. Integral to the SMP is the State Sponsored Migration List. Once it is finalized and signed off by the relevant Ministers, the SSML will be published on this website and implemented. If your occupation is on this List AND you meet all other requirements, you may apply for Sponsorship. If your occupation is not on the SSML you will not be eligible for Sponsorship.

Q. I received Sponsorship from South Australia some time ago and have lodged my visa application with DIAC. However, I noticed that my occupation is not on the current list – the Interim List. Will this make any difference to my visa application?

A. Applicants who have already received State Sponsorship from South Australia and have lodged their application with DIAC will be processed according to their processing arrangements, visit Department of Immigration & Citizenship Occupations that are on the Interim List will receive Priority Processing 4 by DIAC.

However, when the State Migration Plan and the associated State Sponsored Migration List is published and implemented, occupations that are on this SSML will receive Priority Processing 2 by DIAC. Occupations that were on the Interim List but do not appear on the SSML will not receive Priority Processing 2 and will be processed according to DIAC’s visa processing arrangements.

Any occupation that is not on the SSML (when it is implemented) will not receive Priority Processing 2.

If your occupation is on the SSML but listed as ‘Not Available’, it means that no new applications will be accepted for that occupation but your visa application (if it has already been lodged with DIAC) will move to Processing Priority 2.

Q. My occupation is not on the State’s List, can I apply for an Off-List sponsorship?

A. Until the State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) under the State Migration Plan is implemented, Off-List sponsorships are not being offerred. Monitor this website for the publication of the SSML and any Off-List criteria.

Q. I have received Sponsorship and have lodged my visa application with DIAC, what will happen to my visa application in relation to the Lists? A. Once Sponsorship has been granted, the State Government/Immigration SA is not involved in the process. If you have lodged your visa application with DIAC, your application will receive the processing order as determined by DIAC. Visit DIAC website for details. If your occupation is included in the State Sponsored Migration List and you meet all the associated requirements, your application will be elevated to Priority 2.

Existing Applicants

Q. How can I check the status of my sponsorship application?

A. To assist applicants track the progress of their Sponsorship Application, Immigration SA has a Client Tracking System via this website. You should visit the Tracking System before you contact Immigration SA as it will indicate to you:

• The stage of your application
  • If the application has been submitted correctly
  • If any of the supporting documents are missing and you are required to submit these urgently to Immigration SA
  • The result of the decision made on your application
  • The reason/s if your application has been refused
  • If any other information is required for your application to proceed.

Q. What is the status of my visa application?

A. Immigration SA is not involved in the visa process. All enquiries regarding your visa application should be directed to the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). You can contact DIAC via their website at www.immi.gov.au.

Guest smithys
OMFG - i didnt realise we had gone to Cat 4 being on the interim list - no wonder we are not moving anywhere.

Hiya, please don't panic - if your occupation is on the current SOL you are definitely Cat 3 at the moment.

Even if your trade then doesn't get on the SMP you will still remain in Cat 3.

As it stands at the moment, all isn't doom and gloom for Cat 3's as they are still being processed.

I know it's horrible, all this not knowing but we will get there eventually!!!!!!

We all feel your pain :hug:

xxx

Guest smithys
If this keep up we will all be needing Psychiatric help. Do you reckon we can charge this to SA and DIAC?

I have no nails left, my fingers will soon be stumps all this wondering, might have to start on my toes soon.

Ha ha!

Since October last year when we actually lodged, I've bitten my nails and my husbands !- not to mention also worn his nerves right down!!!!

I think the whole system is to blame. I guess the people working there are just trying to do thier jobs, the goal posts keep changing for them too I guess.

We'll all be there, but in some kind of institution!!!!!!:arghh:

Archived