Who else is waiting for SA Smp

rainyc

SA is quite mainly because they know we(ss holders) are all covered on SMP. it's like they say "you dont need to worry folks, all of you will lift up to cat 2 coz we included existing ss holders on the smp, u just need to wait kk" ... Unlike other states, they give out info about what will be on smp before they released them... But QLD was once like SA before too!!! ... Wasnt it?? Argh

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SA is quite mainly because they know we(ss holders) are all covered on SMP. it's like they say "you dont need to worry folks, all of you will lift up to cat 2 coz we included existing ss holders on the smp, u just need to wait kk" ... Unlike other states, they give out info about what will be on smp before they released them... But QLD was once like SA before too!!! ... Wasnt it?? Argh

hey let's be positive. in His time every thing will fall into the right place.

hey let's be positive. in His time every thing will fall into the right place.

Well I think there is no problem in waiting ..... If SA tell us that smp will be announced in 15th Jan then be it.... we all will be in peace and wait patiently for 15th Jan .... Its the silent treatment from SA that hurts :dull:

Hanging in the middle.... feeling of being led down by SA ... these feelings could have been easily avoided if SA give us a time line :confused:

The only thing that bothers me is if WA release before SA we might have quite a wait for a CO as their quota is quite high or so I have seen on the WA thread.

No disrespect intended for WA apps, it would have been fairer if they released them all and worked in date order.

I wonder if DIAC might have certain teams for certain states, that would make a difference.

Well I think there is no problem in waiting ..... If SA tell us that smp will be announced in 15th Jan then be it.... we all will be in peace and wait patiently for 15th Jan .... Its the silent treatment from SA that hurts :dull:

Hanging in the middle.... feeling of being led down by SA ... these feelings could have been easily avoided if SA give us a time line :confused:

Hi Ezy Going

where did you hear the 15 Jan? have i missed something along the line?

Jill

Jill (31), Sam (35) and William (2);Agent appointed: 23 March 2009;ACS Skills Assessment: 7 July 2009;Positive Skills Assessment: 7 August 2009;SA SS Applied: 15 September 2009;All paperwork received by SA: 28 September 2009;SA SS Granted: 9 November 2009;475 Visa Application Submitted: 24 November 2009

Hello Jill, I meant.... as an example say SA tells us that it will be released on 15th Jan :rolleyes:... Sorry if I was not clear in the previous post :embarrassed:

AAAhhh cool! sorry for misunderstanding! had a little panic for a moment :eek:

i really hope they release soon for all our nerves sake!!!!! :goofy:

Jill (31), Sam (35) and William (2);Agent appointed: 23 March 2009;ACS Skills Assessment: 7 July 2009;Positive Skills Assessment: 7 August 2009;SA SS Applied: 15 September 2009;All paperwork received by SA: 28 September 2009;SA SS Granted: 9 November 2009;475 Visa Application Submitted: 24 November 2009

Looking at WA and Queensland and what they have done i really can not see SA honouring those who have SS and are not on SA smp..

tomtom

Oh my god, completely freaking out about the SA SMP - we are waiting to hear if we have been granted SS as secondary school teacher, and now waiting to see if we're evn going to be on the list. I know my panic is nothing compared to some of the poor WA people, but it's just so scary.

Sorry, little panic, good to get it out. good luck to all x

Don't want to spread panic here but I emailed SA yesterday regarding my 2 concerns & today I saw a reply from them. My email & their reply are attached below in quotes. From their email what I understand is that even if I have been sponsored by SA as Telecommunications Engineer based on interim list (I was sponsored before Telecommunications Engineer reached its planning level) even then my occupation will not be in the SMP. And if my occupation is not in the SA smp then DIAC will not change me to priority 2.

The other thing is that they stated that only 3 states have released their SMP. Although QLD & WA has also released so in total 5 states have released. Either they lied or they simply do not read the news paper.

Hi

Once we have reached quota for the program year, as is the case for Telecommunications Engineer, it will not be opened again as part of the SMP.

It may return to the list in the new program year, sometime after July 2011.

We are waiting DIAC approval of our SMP as are the majority of other states – only three have been approved to date.

Regards

Immigration SA

Sent: Friday, 10 December 2010 2:13 AM

To: DTED:ImmigrationSA

Subject: Two queries regarding South Australia's SMP

- Hide quoted text -

Hello Concerned,

I plan to immigrate to SA in near future. I already have the state sponsorship of SA under the interim list and I have launched my application with DIAC. But I am waiting for state migration plans from South Australia so that I can move up to priority 2. I will be grateful if you could address my two queries mentioned below:

I want a confirmation that will my occupation "263311 - Telecommunications Engineer" which was part of the interim list be also part of the smpl.

The FAQs on SA website mention that the smp will be released in December. We are already half way in December and we have no news when the smp for SA will be released. Every other state is announcing its smp. We (potential immigrants of SA) also want SA to announce its SMP so that we can also be processed in the fast lane. Can you kindly let me know if it will be announced before Christmas or later?

Thanks in advance for the understanding.

Regards,

Guest AndyH78

Looks like I'm waiting for SA SMP now, no new accountants needed in WA, so Adelaide is my second choice. Any clues as to whether they need accountants?

I cant believe it. We have our SS to WA and we are on the new SMP. Happy days.

Im so excited here. Amazing. Yipeeeeeeee

Sorry but what does that have to do with SA SMP?

Just curious............

Guys/Gals

Hold your horses, one week to go

spoken to SA representative, being informed SMP due next week, probably Friday

Finger crossed

Hi doodi, did they really actually say those specific words?????? if they did that is great, my prediction is next week and may just sneak a case officer before they shut for Xmas

Lorraine

Hi doodi, did they really actually say those specific words?????? if they did that is great, my prediction is next week and may just sneak a case officer before they shut for Xmas

Lorraine

repsesentative did use words, "next week" but who knows

Am also worried but no amount of worry is going to change anything.The Queensland list is scary but who knows what SA list will be like,hope to GOD its not bad. IT Manager please appear on SA list so we can move on,,,wishes for all good things for us SA sponsored.

Hi Padayachee

i see IT Manager is on WA list, lets hold out hope for the list being next friday and us being on it!!!!! come on SA :biggrin:

Jill

Hopefully positive news for us all next week. Fingers crossed.

Joiner, migration agent dec08, vettasess July09,S.S nov10, lodged Diac Nov10

Guest smithys

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say have a great weekend all...... and this week has ended on a high with all our fellow WA peeps receiving their long awaited SMP - GOOD TIMES!

Now, let's hope SA will be next week and we will all be rejoicing!!!

I have a feeling next week will be our week guys, looks like there is talk of Friday?? DIAC seem to like Fridays LOL!!....here's hoping!!!

I hope so!

Good luck to all of us xxxxxxxxx

Guys/Gals

Hold your horses, one week to go

spoken to SA representative, being informed SMP due next week, probably Friday

Finger crossed

this is great. saving the best for last for all of us SA peeps, i just hope.

Archived