Who else is waiting for SA Smp

rainyc

Dear xxxxx

In response to your e-mail, if you have already received sponsorship from Immigration SA and your Form 1100 (notification of your sponsorship nomination) generated and sent to DIAC, your visa application would be in the DIAC visa processing queue. Immigration SA no longer has any input into the visa process and any enquiries should now be directed to DIAC and not Immigration SA.

As the State Migration Plan (SMP), new list of Occupations for Sponsorship and current sponsorship criteria, has not been finalized or implemented by DIAC and Immigration SA, but anticipate mid December. Please monitor the Immigration SA website for updated information:

Home :: Make The Move

When the SMP is implemented if your occupation is on the list your application will receive priority processing as directed by DIAC. Please visit the DIAC website regarding priority processing.

Department of Immigration & Citizenship

If your occupation is not on the list your application will still be in the DIAC processing pipeline and

as Immigration SA is not involved in the visa processing system any queries regarding your visa application and processing times should be directed to DIAC.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Maria

Thanks for the advice - I think will courier them just top be sure!

I hope your employer gets their arse in gear soon! x

Hi Maria

Thanks for the advice - I think will courier them just top be sure!

I hope your employer gets their arse in gear soon! x

Ah thanks, they have submitted the first part so at least we know they are serious, fingers crossed that goes through OK.

If it does we can submit our part and then hopefully VISA!! the 457 visa's are being granted in record time these days.

Maria.x

I will agree also to courier the docs.

i used an internet company parcel2go and it was very easy. There system tells you the paperwork needed and you then print it off, they will tell you how many copies to attach. they called next moring to check we had done everything required then told us the time that they would collect (it was the day after i ordered on line). I sent our on a Thursday and South Aus stated on their website that the parcel had arrived on the Monday. i was suprised it was so easy, especially as it was the same week they discovered the two explosive devices on the aircraft.

COME ON SA THIS WAITING IS DOING MY HEAD IN

THE DAYS SEEM LIKE WEEKS

I TURN THE LAPTOP KNOWING NOTHING HAS CHANGED BUT HAVE TO DO IT ANYWAY

ALL I WANT IS A LITTLE CO

GONNA BE AN EMOTIONAL WRECK BY THE TIME ANYTHING GETS MOVING

AAAAhhhhh thats better sorry had to shout and scream at the screen just having one of those moments

Neil

Hi

We originally submitted our 175 back in August 2008!! (OH a carpenter). Changed to a 176 after our SA sponsorship was granted in August this year - have a CO and done our meds etc - just hoping we get some fabulous crimbo/new year news! :biggrin

Good luck to anyone waiting, it is a killer I know

Guest smithys

Don't worry Neil,

We are all with you there!!

Fed up of telling myself I won't be checking online today, but just CANNOT do it!!

Still I turn it on with a little hope in my heart that something may have changed, but knowing it won't have!

Looks like it's going to be December now. But you can bet I'll still be checking everyday!

God this feels like a roundabout!

And worse thing is,no one really understands - that's why at least when we are on here we feel sane for a while!

Hang on in there mate, it'll happen.

Rose x

Guest smithys
Hi

We originally submitted our 175 back in August 2008!! (OH a carpenter). Changed to a 176 after our SA sponsorship was granted in August this year - have a CO and done our meds etc - just hoping we get some fabulous crimbo/new year news! :biggrin

Lots of luck to you. Shouldn't be too long now til your grant - seems they are granting all visas allocated a CO prior to SMP's release.

All the best x

Don't worry Neil,

We are all with you there!!

Fed up of telling myself I won't be checking online today, but just CANNOT do it!!

Still I turn it on with a little hope in my heart that something may have changed, but knowing it won't have!

Looks like it's going to be December now. But you can bet I'll still be checking everyday!

God this feels like a roundabout!

And worse thing is,no one really understands - that's why at least when we are on here we feel sane for a while!

Hang on in there mate, it'll happen.

Rose x

Thanks Rose yeah i think your right December is looking right, hopefully the beginning of but heard a whisper not going to be until mid Dec which should just about be ok for us if all goes according to my oh's workings out in time she's now talking about booking flights for mid Feb thinking all should be done by then i said she must be mad but she says its all part of her master plan we'll see hey not so sure myself

Cheers Neil

Hi

That seems quick. i thought they were only up to May 2010 for CAT 2s and Oct 2008 for CAT 3s.

As their SMP hasnt been released, i assume you are CAT 3, please correct me if i am wrong....:wacko:

That seems quick. i thought they were only up to May 2010 for CAT 2s and Oct 2008 for CAT 3s.

As their SMP hasnt been released, i assume you are CAT 3, please correct me if i am wrong....:wacko:

Tally hos application goes way back to 08 and obviously got assigned a co before they started the smps.

Guest smithys
Thanks Rose yeah i think your right December is looking right, hopefully the beginning of but heard a whisper not going to be until mid Dec which should just about be ok for us if all goes according to my oh's workings out in time she's now talking about booking flights for mid Feb thinking all should be done by then i said she must be mad but she says its all part of her master plan we'll see hey not so sure myself

Cheers Neil

Oh Neil I hope Lorraine is right!

Sounds perfect to me!

Actually I don't think she's mad but could be right. If we do get CO's before the year end or early Jan, Feb may be a good month!!

Tell her I think she's a genius!! :biggrin:

Tally hos application goes way back to 08 and obviously got assigned a co before they started the smps.

Hi

Our agent said we've only got a CO because we originally date back to 08! We've gone through all changes over the last 2 years so we know how very frustrating the changes are. Really hope there's good news for everyone soon :biggrin:

Latest News from DIAC on State Migration Plans & Processing Times

The FACTS:

DIAC has around 3 weeks of Group 2 applications left to process.

Once the applications that are under Group 2 have been processed they will process applications in Group 3 again.

DIAC have confirmed (finally!) that they would expect ALL State Migration Plans to be released in the next 2 weeks.

They will then expect to process Group 2 applications that fall under the States until about May 2011.

This looks that if you have SS and are on the new WA SMP that you will be processed by May 2011. Thats ahead of where i thought to be honest so im hoping this is the case.

:yellow_guy_smiling_

Thanks for the news smithys.... what matters most is SA smp is approved by DIAC. I had sent an email to SA a week ago and the response I received yesterday was

We are waiting for DIAC to approve our state migration plan.RegardsImmigration SA

I guess the approval by DIAC means that their smp will be released/launched. So, if SA has already submitted their smp to DIAC and DIAC are saying they will finalize in Dec then ts just 2 weeks of waiting left. :biggrin:

Oh Neil I hope Lorraine is right!

Sounds perfect to me!

Actually I don't think she's mad but could be right. If we do get CO's before the year end or early Jan, Feb may be a good month!!

Tell her I think she's a genius!! :biggrin:

Hi Rose, another good thing about feb is when i thought we may be going in Jan the flights for our family were £4500 and from Feb 1st they drop right down and the first 2 weeks are £570 ish pp so a total of £3600! That pleased me and as i worked in the trade i know these flights will get higher as the seats get booked so told Neil I am booking those friggin flights as soon as we get a case officer!! and the accomodation which i have found availability for.

Hope the new info is correct and DIAC release all SMPs in the next 2 weeks.

xxx

Thanks for the news smithys.... what matters most is SA smp is approved by DIAC. I had sent an email to SA a week ago and the response I received yesterday was

We are waiting for DIAC to approve our state migration plan.RegardsImmigration SA

Well at least the SMP are with DIAC, this is a very good step in the right direction, maybe just maybe we will hear something on Tuesday when SA site is back up and running!!! :jiggy:now lets just hope we are on the list :daydreaming:

Jill

Jill (31), Sam (35) and William (2);Agent appointed: 23 March 2009;ACS Skills Assessment: 7 July 2009;Positive Skills Assessment: 7 August 2009;SA SS Applied: 15 September 2009;All paperwork received by SA: 28 September 2009;SA SS Granted: 9 November 2009;475 Visa Application Submitted: 24 November 2009

Guest smithys
Hi Rose, another good thing about feb is when i thought we may be going in Jan the flights for our family were £4500 and from Feb 1st they drop right down and the first 2 weeks are £570 ish pp so a total of £3600! That pleased me and as i worked in the trade i know these flights will get higher as the seats get booked so told Neil I am booking those friggin flights as soon as we get a case officer!! and the accomodation which i have found availability for.

Hope the new info is correct and DIAC release all SMPs in the next 2 weeks.

xxx

Sounds like a brilliant plan. We would love to go in Feb too as like you say, price wise it makes sense.

I'm hopeful we may, just may, have heard some news by xmas - it's very doable if they release early December.

And if they keep ploughing through them like they are, at least having them released at seperate dates is keeping the flow going.

I say 'get em booked' girl and good on ya!!!

Rose xx

Sounds like a brilliant plan. We would love to go in Feb too as like you say, price wise it makes sense.

I'm hopeful we may, just may, have heard some news by xmas - it's very doable if they release early December.

And if they keep ploughing through them like they are, at least having them released at seperate dates is keeping the flow going.

I say 'get em booked' girl and good on ya!!!

Rose xx

Have you got kids Rose??

x

Guest smithys
Have you got kids Rose??

x

2 = DAUGHTER 11 (nearly 12) / SON 7 (nearly 8)

Both excited but my eldest is feeling a little retiscent as she started High school in Sept and obviously is settling in etc. I worry about them, but sure that it'll be the best future for them.

What about you? x

Archived