Who else is waiting for SA Smp

rainyc

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest smithys
DRA/DRC can be lodged by authorised Migration agents for 176 Visa - Or so the MA we are using advised us.

Hi,

I think I'm right in saying the DRC can only be used by agents when processing ONSHORE applications - not offshore 176. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, your application can be, I guess, considered 'decision ready' if you have all your documents and meds and Pcc's done etc, but I don't think an agent can use the DRC to help the application through. We still have to wait and see if our occupations are on the SMP yet - let's hope they are for all our sakes.

Hope everyone's had a good weekend and let's hope we hear some news this week maybe??!

Rose xx

To be honest, there seems to so many rule changes recently i dont think its easy to keep up with it. Frustratingly, this is why we choose to use an agent, although i am not sure it made the process any less stressful or easy. To be honest, reading several threads and forums i dont think all MA know what rule is what these days with DR visa applications. All i do know is, while we sit at cat 3 it dont matter any how.

No, no meds or PC checks done yet, dare not waste the time or money in case the SA SMP does not include all trades on their interim list.

Guest smithys
To be honest, there seems to so many rule changes recently i dont think its easy to keep up with it. Frustratingly, this is why we choose to use an agent, although i am not sure it made the process any less stressful or easy. To be honest, reading several threads and forums i dont think all MA know what rule is what these days with DR visa applications. All i do know is, while we sit at cat 3 it dont matter any how.

No, no meds or PC checks done yet, dare not waste the time or money in case the SA SMP does not include all trades on their interim list.

I think this is absolutely the wisest thing to do. Hang on to your money until you know it's worth spending even more.

Either way, I really don't think it will be too much longer now, days or weeks, we'll find out soon.

I just hope more than anything we are ALL on the bloomin 'golden ticket'!!

Good luck.x

The wait for the SMP's is really getting me down. It's not the wait (not strictly true, impatient). It's the lack of information. If they gave us a date and then explained why this hasn't occured and gave a new date etc, then at least we will at least we know why we are waiting

Hi,

I think I'm right in saying the DRC can only be used by agents when processing ONSHORE applications - not offshore 176. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, your application can be, I guess, considered 'decision ready' if you have all your documents and meds and Pcc's done etc, but I don't think an agent can use the DRC to help the application through. We still have to wait and see if our occupations are on the SMP yet - let's hope they are for all our sakes.

Hope everyone's had a good weekend and let's hope we hear some news this week maybe??!

Rose xx

After doing some digging, it would appear any visa lodged be it on or off shore can be lodged decision ready. As with everything to do with DIAC at the moment, there is even a process to priorities DR applications, of which onshore applications, Decision ready take priority over off shore decision ready application.

I think????:wacko:

Hey gaz

please excuse my lack of knowledge, but what exactly does the decision ready bit include? how is it different from any toher application? Just interested. x

Hey gaz

please excuse my lack of knowledge, but what exactly does the decision ready bit include? how is it different from any toher application? Just interested. x

Hi China

medicals and police checks submitted is the decision ready bit

Received the ff email response dated Nov 26 from DTED upon enquiring about the SMP:

Dear Tony,

In response to your e-mail, the State Migration Plan (SMP) for South Australia is awaiting sign off from our Minister and Immigration SA do not have a confirmed date for when the SMP will be implemented.

Please monitor the website:

State sponsorship requirements: South Australia

Program Support Officer, General Skilled Migration

"Q. When will the State Migration Plan be ready and implemented?

A. The State Migration Plan is due to be released shortly, but it is not likely to occur before December this year. You should continue to visit this website for updates. Integral to the SMP is the State Sponsored Migration List. Once it is finalised and signed off by the relevant Ministers, the SSML will be published on this website and implemented. If your occupation is on this List AND you meet all other requirements, you may apply for Sponsorship. If your occupation is not on the SSML you will not be eligible for Sponsorship."

No Wonder there was nothing yesterday or today!...:wub:

Guest smithys
lol..."not before December"...so,AFTER December...then? sure to go... :wacko: if that happens!

Well, not BEFORE December could mean that it will happen IN December - which is Wednesday!!!!!!

My birthday on Friday, so let's hope I get a special present eh??!! :xmasunwrap2:

Keep the faith guys, it will happen soon. xxx

Me too, another PIOer eagerly awaiting SA's SMP!! OH is a hairdresser/barber, I'm keeping everything crossed for all of us!!!

sorry libbysmum, this was meant for you:

hi, i am in the same situation, occupation is hairdresser i am in Oz, have state sponsorship from SA, now waiting and worrying ....

would be great to talk to you more about the issue!

sorry libbysmum, this was meant for you:

hi, i am in the same situation, occupation is hairdresser i am in Oz, have state sponsorship from SA, now waiting and worrying ....

would be great to talk to you more about the issue!

Hi eszter, yep we are worried too:frown: Am slightly hopeful though, of the three SMPs already released there is a pattern. VIC does not have hairdressers, but neither did they have them on their old SS lists. Both NT and ACT are sponsoring hairdressers and both had them on their old SS lists. Heres hoping the pattern continues with SA!!

So are you one of these "international students" that the government has its daggers out for? Or are you out there on a temp visa? Hopefully it won't be too long now we will all be put out of our misery. I hope we can all beat them at this crazy game of cat and mouse it's turned into.:wubclub:

Hi eszter, yep we are worried too:frown: Am slightly hopeful though, of the three SMPs already released there is a pattern. VIC does not have hairdressers, but neither did they have them on their old SS lists. Both NT and ACT are sponsoring hairdressers and both had them on their old SS lists. Heres hoping the pattern continues with SA!!

So are you one of these "international students" that the government has its daggers out for? Or are you out there on a temp visa? Hopefully it won't be too long now we will all be put out of our misery. I hope we can all beat them at this crazy game of cat and mouse it's turned into.:wubclub:

Hi Libbysmum,

i am an international student, yeah, but a genuine one. I work in my chosen occupation (as a hairdresser), i have never cheated, was best in school, bla-bla-bla. This crap against us is because of those who have cheated, etc.

and here we are (you too, because that's why they are so much against hairdressers), genuine people and try to have a better life, and we have to go through all this life-breaking situation, nerve-cracking stress!!!!!!!!

So, just to make sure i understand properly, so if our occupation is on the SMP and we have a state sonsorship from that particular state (even though it's from earlier, like i got mine in June 2010), your application will be processed in PG 2?

cross our fingers

Archived