Who else is waiting for SA Smp

rainyc

wow. saving the best for last?

Emailed SA Migration again, and this was their response:

Dear Xxxxx

In response to your e-mail enquiry, as the State Migration Plan (SMP) has not been signed off by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, there is no set date for when the SMP will be implemented, but is anticipated to be early to mid December 2010.

Please monitor the Immigration SA website for updates on the SMP, State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) and sponsorship criteria:

General skilled migration :: Make The Move

Program Support Officer, General Skilled Migration

International Market Development - Migration

Department of Trade and Economic Development

Early to mid december....

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early to mid december....

The date just keeps getting pushed back, thought all the States where supposed to have released by 1st December!!!!!

Jill (31), Sam (35) and William (2);Agent appointed: 23 March 2009;ACS Skills

Assessment: 7 July 2009;Positive Skills Assessment: 7 August 2009;SA SS Applied: 15 September 2009;All paperwork received by SA: 28 September 2009;SA SS Granted: 9 November 2009;475 Visa Application Submitted: 24 November 2009

The date just keeps getting pushed back, thought all the States where supposed to have released by 1st December!!!!!

Jill (31), Sam (35) and William (2);Agent appointed: 23 March 2009;ACS Skills

Assessment: 7 July 2009;Positive Skills Assessment: 7 August 2009;SA SS Applied: 15 September 2009;All paperwork received by SA: 28 September 2009;SA SS Granted: 9 November 2009;475 Visa Application Submitted: 24 November 2009

So peeeeed off!! We've all been waiting since Feb for these bloody SMPS! Now people that applied just a few months ago are all getting looked at whilst us older applicants sit and wait and wait and wait!!!!!

So peeeeed off!! We've all been waiting since Feb for these bloody SMPS! Now people that applied just a few months ago are all getting looked at whilst us older applicants sit and wait and wait and wait!!!!!

you are so right Rainyc!!!! dont want to rain on those that are getting CO parade, but also cant help but feeling angry to!!!!! Feeling really hard done by at the moment!!! :realmad: And you have been waiting even longer than us!!!

Jill

Jill (31), Sam (35) and William (2);Agent appointed: 23 March 2009;ACS Skills Assessment: 7 July 2009;Positive Skills Assessment: 7 August 2009;SA SS Applied: 15 September 2009;All paperwork received by SA: 28 September 2009;SA SS Granted: 9 November 2009;475 Visa Application Submitted: 24 November 2009

Hi Jill, Well I have just sent a email in the form of an essay to Sa!! Will let you know tomorrow if they reply with any new information, but I doubt it.

If it was early December that they released it then that wouldnt be so bad but knowing our luck will be just before Xmas and then with the Xmas period no case officers will get assigned until Jan.... but then again I think DIAC are only closed the main holiday days so who knows, im just soooooo impatient now and want some good news for the first time since Sept 23rd!

After all this I hope OH Occupation is on the list!!

Lorraine:mad

Guest smithys

Morning guys,

I agree Lorraine, if it's early December that may not be so bad as it's very possible those (hopefully it'll be all) on the SMP may well get a CO for xmas!! - wouldn't that be the best xmas present!?

Not looking forward to seeing my families faces if we are on the SMP and having to tell them at xmas though!!!

I still remain hopeful that it should be released before xmas. Cannot understand why they are taking sooo long - after all if other States can do it, why can't ours?!!

Really look forward to hearing the reply you get, thanks for keeping us informed.

Rose x

Guest smithys

Ok guys, not sure if you've seen this but it MIGHT be good news??:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/99435-south-australia-new-enhanced-line-sponsorship-application-form.html#post908262

Looks like they are doing something at least! Does this temporary updating and shut down herald good news for us?

Also they have just announced planning levels have been reached for another occupation, so they are obviously busy organising.

Keeping the hope alive!

Rose x

Well!! they have mentioned clearly that the new enhanced system is to help applicants and agents. so that they may not send hard copies of documents. But I do hope that they release the SMP soon.

Anyways my occupation is "263311 - Telecommunications Engineer" and I have already been granted state sponsorship by SA based on their interim list. I am not sure how will it effect me?? Does anyone has any idea?

Thanks for letting me know about this thread; we are waiting for my OH's TRA to come back, hopefully passed! Fingers crossed! He successfully passed his AQF III for Landscape Gardening in September. Just waiting for the SMP to be released for SA, eagerly waiting!

Guest smithys

Anyways my occupation is "263311 - Telecommunications Engineer" and I have already been granted state sponsorship by SA based on their interim list. I am not sure how will it effect me?? Does anyone has any idea?

I believe that if you have already been sponsored and accepted you should be counted as in their planning level, so you should be ok. I presume it to mean that they have no more places for that occupation left, but as you have been granted sponsorship, you have a place in their quota.

Good luck.

I believe that if you have already been sponsored and accepted you should be counted as in their planning level, so you should be ok. I presume it to mean that they have no more places for that occupation left, but as you have been granted sponsorship, you have a place in their quota.

Good luck.

Thanks smithys :notworthy: ..... I am hoping for the same :jiggy:

The only question is WHEN IS SA launching its SMP :arghh:

Hi Jill, just apologising cos I seemed to have got ur timeline on my post, sorry, my baby was pressing the keyboard when I ws trying to type! Lol

lol, no worries, i know exactly what that's like!!!

Eagerly awaiting the reply you get from DIAC, probably be the same old generic blah blah blah as usual

Its all getting to much, waiting for the SMP AND whether OH occupation is going to be included, HOPEFULLY we'll know one way or the other SOON!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

hope your having a good day

Jill

Jill (31), Sam (35) and William (2);Agent appointed: 23 March 2009;ACS Skills Assessment: 7 July 2009;Positive Skills Assessment: 7 August 2009;SA SS Applied: 15 September 2009;All paperwork received by SA: 28 September 2009;SA SS Granted: 9 November 2009;475 Visa Application Submitted: 24 November 2009

Guest smithys
Morning guys, I got a reply from SA and nothing new Im afraid, they just said 'The SMP is anticipated for December'.

Come on December!! Its so bad, Im wishing my life away and its been like this for months now!!

Thanks rainyc. Nothing new there then!!

It's horrible feeling you're wishing your life away isn't it?

Well as usual we can only wait and try and remain calm. :arghh:

Let's hope we get a good xmas present then.

Thanks again, Rose xx

This is probably an inanswerable question, but if you have already submitted your online application, but not sent off supporting docs yet, will we have to do the new application, or jsut send off docs - they will be ready as soon as OHs employer writes the refernce - hopefully tomorrow!

Any educated guesses welcomed. China

This is probably an inanswerable question, but if you have already submitted your online application, but not sent off supporting docs yet, will we have to do the new application, or jsut send off docs - they will be ready as soon as OHs employer writes the refernce - hopefully tomorrow!

Any educated guesses welcomed. China

Hi China

My very uneducated guess would be that as you have already submitted on line you will just have to send your docs off i should imagine.

Good luck sorry i cant be of more help

This is what it says on the website - but I can't work out what "completing an application" means - is it online, or is it complete in entirety including docs? aarrghh!

"If you are in the process of completing an application, we urge that you need to complete it by the 19/11/2010. If you have not completed an application in the current system before the shut-down, you will have to start a new application in the new system when it is launched. There will be no penalties for submitting another application in the new system."

Guest Bokkiegirl
This is what it says on the website - but I can't work out what "completing an application" means - is it online, or is it complete in entirety including docs? aarrghh!

"If you are in the process of completing an application, we urge that you need to complete it by the 19/11/2010. If you have not completed an application in the current system before the shut-down, you will have to start a new application in the new system when it is launched. There will be no penalties for submitting another application in the new system."

They have to have your documents before they look at the application. My agent was very clear regarding this. He said even though you lodge online, nothing gets touched until they have your documents.

So I am guessing in saying that if they won't have your paperwork by the 19th, you will have to re-do the online part as well..

Guest smithys

Hi China, Bokkiegirl is right - you are able to add documents later, but they do not deem it as received untill ALL documents are met.

If you can manage it - get them in asap so you don't have to wait to do a new application.

Good luck x

I don't think that will be possible - even if we get the reference tomorrow (18th) it won't be sent until the 19th and that is when the system ****s down, so might just have to do the whole thing again - fortunately I think I saved copies of my answers to their questions, so won't have to do all the research again!! - might just send docs off anyway, wait a couple of days and then see if it's necessary to do it again - I think I'd rather waste a few pounds on postage if it means we have a slim chance of getting SS sooner, or at all ;)

Good luck to everyone else! x

Guest smithys

That's exactly what I would do too if in your shoes, you never know, you may get lucky.

Hope it goes well, and keep us informed.

All the best, Rose x

Hi All,

I emailed the UK office for South Australia immigration and this is the reply, so I think I am fine to send the docs - I thought I'd post this just in case any one else was in the same position (except other people are probably more organised - hehe!)

"Thank you for your email.

Regarding your enquiry, I am assuming that the reference you are waiting for is the one required to accompany your CV (as part of your State Sponsorship application).

If that is the case, then you will need to send all your documents in the one package to Immigration SA, otherwise it will not be accepted. Therefore I strongly recommend that you wait until you have received the reference. You have 30 days from the date of online submission to get the documentation to Adelaide (please keep in mind 3-4 days for it to be posted).

I hope that helps you with your enquiry and best of luck with your application.

Kind regards"

Archived