Guest guest36187

5 hours ago, Mily said:

Btw i have one more question 😀 

i am wondering is that possible if only my sister ( dependant child ) depart from aus & come back to aus within 1 week because her study at uni will start soon in mid January. 
And my parents will come to aus in March. 

or my parents ( main application) have to travel with my sister so their visa can activate 

i think that condition is 8502 . 

It is a very interesting issue.

I don't know whether this is applicable. I just search from internet https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/already-have-a-visa/check-visa-details-and-conditions/see-your-visa-conditions?product=143# and it says "You must not enter Australia before the person specified in the visa has entered Australia. This is usually the main visa holder or other relevant person such as your sponsor in the case of a Partner visa."

1953487503_ScreenShot2019-12-17at8_40_53PM.thumb.png.ba88e3e1212918cd317a7bf54c0d3388.png

7 hours ago, Mily said:

i am wondering is that possible if only my sister ( dependant child ) depart from aus & come back to aus within 1 week because her study at uni will start soon in mid January. 

or my parents ( main application) have to travel with my sister so their visa can activate 

Looking at the link AlwaysVet posted I would say she definitely has to enter either with or after the main applicant of the 143 but not before the main applicant.

8 hours ago, Mily said:

Hi Milly,

Congrats on the good news 🎊

My family situation is similar to yours except im at the beginning line T.T I'm going to apply visa 143 for my parents and sister (19yo this year) so I wonder if my sister can be included in this application?

Someone on this forum said for my sister to prove dependency on my parents, it has to be at the time of visa grant. And given the current processing time (5-6years) my sis will be way over 23 to be considered dependent. Is this correct? I can't seem to find that info anywhere. How old is your sister atm? 

4 hours ago, Quicksnow said:

Hi Milly,

Congrats on the good news 🎊

My family situation is similar to yours except im at the beginning line T.T I'm going to apply visa 143 for my parents and sister (19yo this year) so I wonder if my sister can be included in this application?

Someone on this forum said for my sister to prove dependency on my parents, it has to be at the time of visa grant. And given the current processing time (5-6years) my sis will be way over 23 to be considered dependent. Is this correct? I can't seem to find that info anywhere. How old is your sister atm? 

Yes your sister can be included in the application at this moment. 
however the main thing is she has to be dependant child until the visa grant. The processing time now is not 5-6 yrs because i read on the page 862 someone said there is over 100,000 people in the line waiting for this visa. Every year immi process about 6000-7000 visa. So do simple math if u start now u have to wait 10 yrs. 

my sister was nealy 19 yrs old at the time i applied visa 143. She finished bachelor degree last year & keep continue to higher degree after that. 

7 hours ago, AlwaysVet said:

It is a very interesting issue.

I don't know whether this is applicable. I just search from internet https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/already-have-a-visa/check-visa-details-and-conditions/see-your-visa-conditions?product=143# and it says "You must not enter Australia before the person specified in the visa has entered Australia. This is usually the main visa holder or other relevant person such as your sponsor in the case of a Partner visa."

1953487503_ScreenShot2019-12-17at8_40_53PM.thumb.png.ba88e3e1212918cd317a7bf54c0d3388.png

Yeah i searched on immi web & saw that too that’s why im very worried about now

is there any exemptions because it state “ the following conditions MIGHT BE ATTACHED to this visa “. & it is usually in the case of a Partner Visa.

Has anybody recently got their visa granted with dependant child has this issue ? 

😂😂😂

56 minutes ago, Mily said:

is there any exemptions because it state “ the following conditions MIGHT BE ATTACHED to this visa “. & it is usually in the case of a Partner Visa.

Has anybody recently got their visa granted with dependant child has this issue ? 

😂😂😂

Hi Mily,

I think your family's application is same as mine. The 143 my parents lodged was for 3 persons, my dad, my mom and my younger brother who is studying in Australia on student visa.

When we received 2nd VAC request last Friday, our agent advised us that my younger must leave Australia before the PR can be granted to all 3 applicants.

So we booked the ticket for him to depart Australia yesterday, right after he passed the passport control at the international airport, we make the payment via BPAY then notify our agent.

3 hours after that, we received an email from our agent, PR were granted to all 3 applicants, and on this email, our agent told us my dad (main applicant) MUST arrive Australia with the other applicants (mom and younger brother) or EARLIER than the other applicants (mom and bro).

In other words, the other applicants cannot arrive Australia on the newly granted PR visa on their own prior the main applicant arrival. If they do, they would be seen as a tourist (if arriving on a tourist visa) or an international student (if arriving on a student visa) etc.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mily said:

😂😂😂

Hi @Mily, I think you need to wait till visas are issued to see if there is any condition on them, especially Condition 8502 “must not enter Australia before specified person”.

https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/visa-granted-outside-australia-entry-related-condition-8502/

• Thanks 1

On 09/12/2019 at 13:08, Rosiejaq said:

They couldn’t get time off work to go to the office so made dozens of calls to the CL office...I think they rang the complaints line a few times as well...but sometimes got a short reply! 

Hi All

Some really good progress after the post. I believe there is some kind of magic in this forum! 🙂 We have received the AOS acceptance on 5 Dec and further request to pay 2nd VAC on 17 Dec. As our parents are in Aus so they will have to leave now. We have paid the AOS via BPAY on 17 Dec (same day) and booked the flight out next week, with return date on first week of Jan. Hopefully the grant will come through in the two weeks gap. 

Anyone have experience on how long it takes for the visa to be granted after 2nd VAC payment? 

Hope all goes well with everyone here too!

Best

3 minutes ago, Tony C said:

Anyone have experience on how long it takes for the visa to be granted after 2nd VAC payment? 

Mine took 3 hours.

I am actually worried for you because you are departing next week, which is a xmas week and returning first week of Jan, not sure how many officers will go for a holiday during this time. 

4 minutes ago, Michael S said:

Mine took 3 hours.

I am actually worried for you because you are departing next week, which is a xmas week and returning first week of Jan, not sure how many officers will go for a holiday during this time. 

Hi Michael

That is quick! Congrats Michael.

That's our concern, worst is that they will miss the school holidays and we have to change the flight at extra cost again.. But they are leaving during the weekend, so there are 7 working days they will be outside Australia. Hope we will get it through..

Best

41 minutes ago, Tony C said:

Hi, we transferred money into Aus $ then sent to our agent’s client account who then paid through BPay.  We sent money 12.12 agent paid 13.12 and visa granted same day!  Very quick through BPay!

• Like 2

This may seem a strange question...Move cube...our boxes are arriving today....says we have to list every item value, new/used, what made of etc.  anyone who’s used this did you just list things like craft supplies and give a value, and fishing tackle? We have a lot of collections eg family history memorabilia surely these things aren’t listed individually or I’ll be here until the turn of the century.  Any help would be most appreciated!

15 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

This may seem a strange question...Move cube...our boxes are arriving today....says we have to list every item value, new/used, what made of etc.  anyone who’s used this did you just list things like craft supplies and give a value, and fishing tackle? We have a lot of collections eg family history memorabilia surely these things aren’t listed individually or I’ll be here until the turn of the century.  Any help would be most appreciated!

Hi Jacqui,

When we completed our forms for Seven Seas we only had to put values to items we had owned for less than 12 months. If these items were gifts (and some of them were) we noted this on the form.

For all our other stuff we numbered and described each box and used generic terms to describe the contents. For example:

No 9 - Large Cardboard Box - cooking pans; rice cooker; tea towels; gents clothing

No 19 - Large Suitcase - framed pictures; towels/bed linen; ladies clothing

We were also required to list all items made of wood.  For us this included a bed frame, bedside cabinets, knife block and a fruit bowl.

I hope this makes sense.  Let me know if you need any more information.

You must be super excited now!  Good luck.

David

25 minutes ago, David Leask said:

Hi Jacqui,

When we completed our forms for Seven Seas we only had to put values to items we had owned for less than 12 months. If these items were gifts (and some of them were) we noted this on the form.

For all our other stuff we numbered and described each box and used generic terms to describe the contents. For example:

No 9 - Large Cardboard Box - cooking pans; rice cooker; tea towels; gents clothing

No 19 - Large Suitcase - framed pictures; towels/bed linen; ladies clothing

We were also required to list all items made of wood.  For us this included a bed frame, bedside cabinets, knife block and a fruit bowl.

I hope this makes sense.  Let me know if you need any more information.

You must be super excited now!  Good luck.

David

Thanks.  Did you do it all electronically?  We’re so stressed at the moment as Seven Seas tried to deliver our starter pack to the wrong address so we’re a day less to sort out everything 🤬 boxes hopefully arriving tomorrow

4 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Thanks.  Did you do it all electronically?  We’re so stressed at the moment as Seven Seas tried to deliver our starter pack to the wrong address so we’re a day less to sort out everything 🤬 boxes hopefully arriving tomorrow

My husband just did all ours last week and yes it did it all electronically. We have a stand by excel spreadsheet with the salient items but, as above we used generic descriptions including Family History documents, wool, clothes, books but my DH is a little over enthusiastic and he did go into much more detail on each of the boxes.  We set out a space in the dining room and measured out the dimensions of the move cube then packed things and stacked them to ensure we had enough space (we did, with quite a bit to spare) but we packed not only the Seven Seas boxes they brought but some I had bought from another storage place and loads of smaller plastic useful boxes.  The container arrived and we had packed it within 30 minutes and it was gone within the hour (the driver had coffee.) We put items that had to be declared at the front, numbered and weighed all the boxes as we packed them so we were within our weight limit (lots of books and some tools weigh really heavy)

Edited by Quoll
Funny way of showing a picture so I deleted it

6 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Just done this.  As I'd gradually been packing for months, by the time I came to complete the Inventory I just described the contents of the boxes as follows (for example) 1. Bedding 15; 2. Craft Supplies 50; 3. Kitchen Utensils 50; 4. Handbags & shoes 20; 5. Photographs, stationery 1,000.  All these numbers were estimates and if Customs wanted to go through and unpack and count everything that was up to them.  Their x-ray equipment is so sophisticated that I reckoned they'd be able to see that I had absolutely nothing of any interest to them.  Things like my vacuum cleaner and shoes I did clean thoroughly and stated this on the inventory.

Movecube was cleared through customs within a couple of days of landing.

Hi Jacqui,
We did ours the old fashioned way, on paper. We weren’t offered an electronic version. Things may have moved on in the last 18 months.
When the Seven Seas guy came to view the access to our property (a week before the move) he left the inventory forms with us. When he came on moving day we gave him the completed forms.
I see another couple of responses to your query and I can relate to both.
Best wishes
David

Just to add on the Movecube question.  Number all sides of your boxes if they are going into storage at the other end.  My boxes are all in my daughter's garage until my house is ready, and if you need access to anything it's a devil of a job to find any particular numbered box!  I did do the Inventory electronically, but I'd started off with a spreadsheet on which I entered far more detail so that I'd be able to find anything in particular that I needed - but if you can't identify the box in the first place, that doesn't help much .........☹️

Thanks to @Sadge @David Leask and @Quoll really helpful and has put my mind at rest on some points. We booked our Movecube on Monday for next Monday. Boxes etc were meant to arrive today but Seven Seas gave courier wrong address so haven’t arrived. We’ve been and bought some. Been trying all day to get them to sort this error out. In theory they arrive tomorrow but rather concerned that this will not happen...they haven’t been for a site visit yet!  Why are there always problems?  Will wait with crossed fingers tomorrow 🤞😎😎

Hello all

just a question I need answered paid second vac on our 143 visa the 17 December this Tuesday next day recieved request for further information they want our itenary for leaving the country this was yesterday so I booked flights to go back to Ireland  emailed the itenary to them what I want to know is do I get another email stating visa granted or is this it done very happy to be at this stage 4 years and one week later 

Edited by kevvo
  • Congratulations 1

Hi all

Just went to centrelink to apply for AOS. 
It’s so confused. They just did confirmation of identity, and took the AOS form without asking ( Department of Home Affairs letter, any documents,...) she not even read the forms, just signed as the witness only. Then she said that’s all done. 

Is it just first step normally? Will I expected another appointment or interview?

( I didn’t have the CRN to register online, and Centrelink is just next door, so I thought it would be easier to just apply in person) 

Thanks

Hello all
just a question I need answered paid second vac on our 143 visa the 17 December this Tuesday next day recieved request for further information they want our itenary for leaving the country this was yesterday so I booked flights to go back to Ireland  emailed the itenary to them what I want to know is do I get another email stating visa granted or is this it done very happy to be at this stage 4 years and one week later 

Hi Kevvo,
My guess is that you will get your visa granted once you are in Ireland. You will definitely get an email confirmation. Ours came the first day of our trip offshore. If it’s possible just relax and enjoy your trip. When you come back you will enter Australia with PR!
Congratulations!
David