Guest guest36187

Morning. Needing a bit of help re AOS application! My son submitted application in person to local Centrelink last week. Our agent has asked for proof of AOS application for our case officer and my son has phoned Centrelink and been given the reference numbers from his calls and visits to Centrelink. What has anyone else been able to provide to their case officer and how did you get what you needed?

Thanks

Maj

5 hours ago, MajHam said:

Morning. Needing a bit of help re AOS application! My son submitted application in person to local Centrelink last week. Our agent has asked for proof of AOS application for our case officer and my son has phoned Centrelink and been given the reference numbers from his calls and visits to Centrelink. What has anyone else been able to provide to their case officer and how did you get what you needed?

Thanks

Maj

I just gave my application no from Centrelink  when I submitted application 

• Like 1

Hi, I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to post on but I did a search for '804' and nothing came up.

My parents would like to emigrate to Australia and having looked at various visa options, we think the 804 Aged Parent visa is the best option. However, we came across two potential issues.

1) When my mum did some internet digging, we found the AoS information to be a bit confusing. The specific issue is that I am not in paid employment at the moment although I intend to re-enter the workforce sometime next year. Hubby earns more than enough to cover the AoS sponsor income requirement for both my parents (we did the calculation based on 4 adults and 3 kids (me, hubby, my mum, my dad and our 3 kids) but we aren't sure whether I need to be earning a minimum amount and if so, how much it has to be (obviously this will influence what job I go for). So, does anyone know if I have to be in paid employment when they put in their application and if so, how much do I need to be earning, please?

2) Bridging visa: I see that when they apply onshore for the 804, their tourist visa is replaced with a bridging visa. I understand that in order to travel they then can apply for a briding visa b. Does anyone know what restrictions attach to bridging visa b? My parents are just concerned about being able to travel back to France to sell their house (they live in France atm but are UK citizens).

Thank you 🙂 

(804 appears best option as both my parents are retired, they're over 65, they can apply onshore during their next holiday (they visit annually), I'm an Aussie citizen, my only bro is now a NZ citizen and they're both *touch wood* in reasonably good health)

On 09/01/2020 at 16:37, lecher said:

Hello all, I received a no caller ID phone call and my hunch it was the AOS folks. I logged into centrelink and says the AOS has been completed. But, I dont see any online request for bank guarantee and uploading further documents..? has anyone faced this before? Thank you

Hi Lecher, Have you received Bank Guarantee request letter yet?  My case is similar to you  AoS completed and not received BG request letter. Awaiting your input plz..........

Hi,

Is there anyone in this group have applied visitor visa for parents and have no visa conditions 8558 (Cannot stay for more than 12 months in any 18 month period)? 

If there is no 8558 conditions is my parents can stay in Australia for up to 12 months and going out of the country and be able to come back again and stay for 12 months?

143 visa lodge : 8th May 2017

Ack Letter date : 17th May 2017

Request for more doc : Still waiting

Medical done :

AOS lodge :

2nd VAC :

AFE7754B-9CFF-4241-A987-58FADC499D99.jpeg

Edited by Lya

On 17/01/2020 at 14:52, bridgie said:

Hi,

The generic number for AOS 132850. Be prepared for a long wait.

Bridgie

Thanks. My husband tried calling them, but couldn't get through. So hoping we can bypass the phone call and it doesn't negatively impact the application

52 minutes ago, Han said:

Thanks. My husband tried calling them, but couldn't get through. So hoping we can bypass the phone call and it doesn't negatively impact the application

Call them at 8am in the morning. You wont have to wait for more than 30 mins. Other time the line will b busy & they wont connect you to the aos team

Edited by Mily

38 minutes ago, Mily said:

Call them at 8am in the morning. You wont have to wait for more than 30 mins. Other time the line will b busy & they wont connect you to the aos team

Thanks. I've got through before, but my husband has a very busy job and can't really sit on hold for 30 minutes when he's supposed to be working. Kind of unrealistic of them really. Will they call back another time or just expect him to call them?

49 minutes ago, Mily said:

Don't worry, we've got the bank guarantee letter 😀

On 18/01/2020 at 12:36, Greece said:

Hi Lecher, Have you received Bank Guarantee request letter yet?  My case is similar to you  AoS completed and not received BG request letter. Awaiting your input plz..........

Hi Greece, yes, they didn't bother calling me even though the guy said that I was due for an interview But, the guarantee letter came in my mygov inbox - still haven't received the paper mail. Using that I opened up a bank guarantee and using Miley's guidance I attached the band guarantee + original bg request letter from centre link in one PDF file (used the merge pdfs feature in adobe acrobat). So currently I'm awaiting the final letter. In the meantime I've written twice to my case officer for extension w/o any reply.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lecher said:

Hi Greece, yes, they didn't bother calling me even though the guy said that I was due for an interview But, the guarantee letter came in my mygov inbox - still haven't received the paper mail. Using that I opened up a bank guarantee and using Miley's guidance I attached the band guarantee + original bg request letter from centre link in one PDF file (used the merge pdfs feature in adobe acrobat). So currently I'm awaiting the final letter. In the meantime I've written twice to my case officer for extension w/o any reply.  

HI Lecher, Thanks for your response. I found Mily's guidance post of 26 Nov. Thanks

Edited by Greece

6 minutes ago, Greece said:

HI Lecher, Thanks for your response. Will you please explain in detail how to upload Bank Guarantee + BG Letter in the MyGov system as I'm unable to find Miley's guidance post. Thanks 

Hi 

just open Centrelink and go to upload documents and send them . It’s very easy 

• Thanks 1

Hi

Hope this is the right thread (sorry Im new). I am the assurance of support for my Mum who is back in the UK. i have just compelted this part and have a acceptance letter from Centrelink (let me know if anyone needs any info on this fun process!). Once this is done does anyone know how long the next steps are and what they entail eg when do they ask for the next installment?

Thanks!

Lisa

• Thanks 1

Just received the AOS Acceptance letter. They've said that they have notified the DHA that its been accepted.

Congratulations!

In the documentation I received from Immi this time last year they told me to e-mail the AoS acceptance letter to them myself and not to rely on Centrelink advising them. I’m obviously not sure what the latest advice from Immi says.

Good luck in the coming days. Not long now [emoji4]

Hello, Can anyone please advise if a third party can pay the 2nd VAC? We have an account with HSBC Australia but their daily limit for BPay is not high enough to pay the full Visa amount. Apparently this limit cannot be increased even for the purpose of one payment. We're not in Australia so can't visit an HSBC branch ourselves. Has anyone had this problem and how did you resolve it?  Our daughter or son could pay it for us through their own bank account if that is acceptable.

Many thanks, Christa

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Christa said:

Hello, Can anyone please advise if a third party can pay the 2nd VAC? We have an account with HSBC Australia but their daily limit for BPay is not high enough to pay the full Visa amount. Apparently this limit cannot be increased even for the purpose of one payment. We're not in Australia so can't visit an HSBC branch ourselves. Has anyone had this problem and how did you resolve it?  Our daughter or son could pay it for us through their own bank account if that is acceptable.

Many thanks, Christa

Hi Christa not sure how much you personally have to pay but we were able to increase our BPAY limit to $100k in preparation. We chose to go into the bank (commbank) to do it while on holiday there last year. Not 100% sure but I seem to remember the person at bank saying we could increase the BPAY limit ourselves online! I believe $100k is the limit for none business accounts. I think you may also be able go into the branch in Australia to make the payment from your account over the counter. We have also done this at a commbank branch as the max total daily payment/transfer you can do for yourself is $20k. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Christa said:

Many thanks, Christa

Would love to hear some advice too. Thanks