Guest guest36187

Thank you Sue for the update. I have been assured by my visa agent that Xmas just gone will have been the last in the UK. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you also hope yours comes through quickly.

Hi Lynn, your news is the best news we've had for a long while. We are one month ahead of you in application but our emigration agent, only last week, was not as forthcoming as yours and could only tell us that Immi were requesting medical checks etc one month prior to CO being allocated. Did they give any firmer info regarding this forecast?

Regards Geoff and Gill

Hi Lynn, your news is the best news we've had for a long while. We are one month ahead of you in application but our emigration agent, only last week, was not as forthcoming as yours and could only tell us that Immi were requesting medical checks etc one month prior to CO being allocated. Did they give any firmer info regarding this forecast?

Regards Geoff and Gill

My agent also said they are requesting medicals and Police checks in advance of the Case Officer being allocated. I haven't been asked for my medical just yet, but the agent expects it to be any day and has said I should go ahead with the Police check.

My agent also said they are requesting medicals and Police checks in advance of the Case Officer being allocated. I haven't been asked for my medical just yet, but the agent expects it to be any day and has said I should go ahead with the Police check.

You are making progress at least, nearly there, good luck.

Sue

Thank you Sue for the update. I have been assured by my visa agent that Xmas just gone will have been the last in the UK. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you also hope yours comes through quickly.

I do hope your agent is right, our agent said probably Sept/Oct so hoping but not convinced! Lets hope the processing speeds up.

Oh my goodness, you must be so excited:chatterbox:

I'm gambling on being 8 weeks behind you......or even closer of Immi speed up!

Is the end in sight, even if still just a dot on the horizon?

Oh my goodness, you must be so excited:chatterbox:

I'm gambling on being 8 weeks behind you......or even closer of Immi speed up!

Is the end in sight, even if still just a dot on the horizon?

I really hope the end is finally in sight. I've applied for my Police Cert, accepted an offer on my house, applied for an import licence for my dog. I didn't dare do any of these things until now because of all the delays. I just hope it all comes together. My daughter is planning to come to the UK when the visa is granted, so that we can travel back to Australia together.

I really hope the end is finally in sight. I've applied for my Police Cert, accepted an offer on my house, applied for an import licence for my dog. I didn't dare do any of these things until now because of all the delays. I just hope it all comes together. My daughter is planning to come to the UK when the visa is granted, so that we can travel back to Australia together.

I think I might send off for our Police Certificates soon too. I printed the form 80 today as it looks as though it could take a while to fill in!

What a lovely idea to travel back with your daughter. I'm sure the champagne will flow freely on the flight:wink:

Hi Geoff and Gill, you are just before me in the waiting room. I arrived on an e600 in November, this allows 12 months stay after the last date of entry and is valid for 12 months, so it could last you nearly 2 years if you leave AU at the end of the valid date. ( does that make sense) I applied for the Visa far too soon (feb16) as I booked my flights, so the visa expires Feb17, but as I went to Bali then re-entered Jan 17, I can now stay in AU until Jan 18. The Visa is easier to understand, I can scan and PM you if you like.

I just booked ANZ travel insurance to cover me, and applied and received a Medicare card when I got here. (Reciprocal care with U.K.)

i shipped out my goods on my daughters visa (even though the time her visa allowed unaccompanied goods had expired) it would not be allowed on a visitor visa.

Hi Bev this is my first post on here so forgive me while I get used to it. I put in my 173 application in August 2016 and I've just come back to the UK after 7 lovely weeks with my daughter in Melbourne. While I was there I found this forum and I got really depressed by the timescales you all quote. Following an email enquiry today it confirmed they are only working on 18 August 2014! At this rate it's at least another 2 years for my application to be considered. ?

Anyway i I was interested in your post because I had started to look at the e600 as a stop gap but my reading was different to yours. I understood that however many times you entered and left Australia the total time you can spend there is the time allowed by the visit. So I understood that the clock stopped when you left and restarted from that point on reentry. But you seem to be saying that the clock actually resets and the 12 months starts again. Is that what you're saying or am I misreading your post? I really would like your version. I'm retired and I want to be out there with my 2 young grandchildren, not sitting here by myself waiting to hear from Perth.

Sorry this is so long. Hope you managed to reach the end

Lesley

Hi all,

I just started filling the 47PA application as I was busy with some stuff.

Just have a question about filling the application and it says "Complete using a pen" but the PDF is an editable one where you can type and save. Do any of you know if this needs to be printed and filled with a pen or can we fill the PDF and take a print out of it?

Thank you

I do hope your agent is right, our agent said probably Sept/Oct so hoping but not convinced! Lets hope the processing speeds up.

Hi. Looking at other applicants processing times it is looking more like 30 months. So when my agent said I will be on OZ this year I was hoping July/aug not back end of this year, which is what it is looking like.

Hi Goeff & Gill. My agent did say the visa applications were takings 6 months longer than normal due to lack of efficiency. So yes hopefully he is right in saying it was my last Xmas in UK. But was hoping to move July/Aug as I finish work in June so would have been perfect but its looking more like later in the year now. :confused:

Lynn

Hi Fringe 123,

To answer your question, when they ask to fill in with a pen' that's exactly what we did. Firstly, we printed off two copies then had a practice run before we filled in the one we sent off. Maybe they want the pen in case they need to photocopy or duplicate the form. Everything on the CPV is done the old fashioned way i.e you post the application not sent electronically so I would think it follows that you fill it in with pen.

Also, any changes to circumstances are notified by post on the appropriate form. I hope this helps and if I am mistaken, everyone else please feel free to correct me because I am newish to this forum.

Cheers,

Nita

Hi all,

I just started filling the 47PA application as I was busy with some stuff.

Just have a question about filling the application and it says "Complete using a pen" but the PDF is an editable one where you can type and save. Do any of you know if this needs to be printed and filled with a pen or can we fill the PDF and take a print out of it?

Thank you

We did ours on the PDF and then just printed it off and signed it. It was accepted, so I guess it was OK. Also we notified them of change of circumstance via e-mail too and that has been accepted. I know the COS form says to submit by post but then the acknowledgement letter says they prefer correspondence by e-mail. Zee

Edited by Pertenhall

That's really good to know! We are not using an agent for our application, so weren't aware they'd changed the system again for the time frame for getting Police checks etc.

I'm also wondering how Immi interpret the "have lived in any of the countries listed on this page for a total of one year or more in the last 10 years", as regards Police certificates. I have visited Spain many times in the last 10 years, which would add up to more than 365 days but not technically "lived" there. I'm wondering if I will have to get a certificate for Spain? Anyone any idea?

Brenda

I have been looking at your website for nearly 2 years now and cannot believe the wealth of knowledge and friendliness. I lodged my 143 visa application (contributory parent visa) back in July 2015 (18 months of sheer frustration:arghh: ). Is anyone else currently lodging the same visa application are you in the same boat. Does anyone know why it is taking so long. I have a daughter, 7 year old grandson and son-in-law I can't wait to see.

Any information would be greatly received.:ssign16:

Hi Lynn

I also lodged my CVP in July 2015.

Last Feb, it seemed to be running about 22 months before grant, so I booked my flight, got a visitor visa, arrived in Nov 16 expecting to have approx 6 months to ensure that the country was totally for me before giving over a lot of money ( they don't give refunds if you change your mind)! Lol.

It currently seems to be 30 months before it is granted, I am hoping they get back on track, it's very costly out here when you are not working.

After being here with my daughter for only 4-6 weeks, I definitely know it is the right decision, I love this country and the people here.

we will have to keep an eye on each other's progress.

Bev

Hi Bev this is my first post on here so forgive me while I get used to it. I put in my 173 application in August 2016 and I've just come back to the UK after 7 lovely weeks with my daughter in Melbourne. While I was there I found this forum and I got really depressed by the timescales you all quote. Following an email enquiry today it confirmed they are only working on 18 August 2014! At this rate it's at least another 2 years for my application to be considered. 

Anyway i I was interested in your post because I had started to look at the e600 as a stop gap but my reading was different to yours. I understood that however many times you entered and left Australia the total time you can spend there is the time allowed by the visit. So I understood that the clock stopped when you left and restarted from that point on reentry. But you seem to be saying that the clock actually resets and the 12 months starts again. Is that what you're saying or am I misreading your post? I really would like your version. I'm retired and I want to be out there with my 2 young grandchildren, not sitting here by myself waiting to hear from Perth.

Sorry this is so long. Hope you managed to reach the end

Lesley

Hi Lesley

I am hoping that a photo of my grant is attached!! Lol, just so you can see the wording, perhaps I have it wrong?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Guest geordie joe
Hi Lesley

I am hoping that a photo of my grant is attached!! Lol, just so you can see the wording, perhaps I have it wrong?

That's interesting Bev, our E600 showed the same wording apart from in the visa conditions where it stated "condition 8558 maximum 12 months stay in 18 months" ours also had a "8503 no further stay condition" I wonder if it's just down to who processes it.

That's interesting Bev, our E600 showed the same wording apart from in the visa conditions where it stated "condition 8558 maximum 12 months stay in 18 months" ours also had a "8503 no further stay condition" I wonder if it's just down to who processes it.

Hi

I didn't include the top half as it had my passport number and grant number, but mine is a 'Visa Class' Visitor (class FA) and 'Subclass' Visitor (subclass 600), then 'Subclass stream' Tourist, is there any difference there?

Guest geordie joe
Hi

I didn't include the top half as it had my passport number and grant number, but mine is a 'Visa Class' Visitor (class FA) and 'Subclass' Visitor (subclass 600), then 'Subclass stream' Tourist, is there any difference there?

No mine has the same detail as yours. For peace of mind it may be worth confirming exactly how long you can staying your current visa. You don't want to compromise your parent visa by overstaying on the tourist visa.

Joe

Hi Lesley

Based on your visa, you could enter Australia as many times as you'd like between Feb. 24, 2016 and Feb. 24, 2017 and remain 12 months from each entry. So if you wanted, you could arrive Feb. 24, 2016 and stay until Feb. 20, 2017, take a quick trip to NZ and return on Feb. 23, 2017 and stay for another year.