Guest guest36187

Hi Fisher 1. It is a long, long time since I logged into this site. However we found it of great use when we were going through the same process circa 2010. We are now living in the lower north shore of Sydney and are in fact up for our citizenship ceremony on 15 March! Your post caught my eye because of the "coal scuttle". I also grew up with a copper coal scuttle which was in my parents 16 century cottage in west sussex. It was left to me and I had it in our home(s) in Hampstead, London. I nearly got rid of it when we came out here but then a friend suggested I used it for magazines and newspapers - which we now do. It sits happily in our townhouse here in Cammeray. So you might want to rethink that one!! Good luck. Sue:smile::yes:

Hi Sue

Your post made me laugh - to think, I'm not the only one with sentimental feelings about a coal scuttle ... I can picture yours as one of those upright ones. Mine is one of those boxy wooden ones with brass hinges and a lid in front and a shovel at the back. Doesn't lend itself to newspapers etc, but I was going to take it anyway but then I started wondering about the way everything has to be super clean and this being wood has the dirt of the ages inside...

Hi Fisher 1. It is a long, long time since I logged into this site. However we found it of great use when we were going through the same process circa 2010. We are now living in the lower north shore of Sydney and are in fact up for our citizenship ceremony on 15 March! Your post caught my eye because of the "coal scuttle". I also grew up with a copper coal scuttle which was in my parents 16 century cottage in west sussex. It was left to me and I had it in our home(s) in Hampstead, London. I nearly got rid of it when we came out here but then a friend suggested I used it for magazines and newspapers - which we now do. It sits happily in our townhouse here in Cammeray. So you might want to rethink that one!! Good luck. Sue:smile::yes:

Hello Mike and Sue - I'm sure all of us waiting will be looking at your timescale with envy! I'm sure we'll get there eventually but we are having to wait such a long time! Zee

hi Guy.

I have been reading around this forum but I haven't found a right answer for myself and my family. basically I want to sponsor my parents (offshore) and I can see there are 2 types/ stages of parental visa:

Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa -subclass 173

Contributory parent visa -subclass 143

so am i right to say we will need to sponsor parents for visa 173 before we can move onto visa 143? if so how long we have to hold 173 in order to apply for 143?

many thanks for you helps!

hi Guy.

I have been reading around this forum but I haven't found a right answer for myself and my family. basically I want to sponsor my parents (offshore) and I can see there are 2 types/ stages of parental visa:

Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa -subclass 173

Contributory parent visa -subclass 143

so am i right to say we will need to sponsor parents for visa 173 before we can move onto visa 143? if so how long we have to hold 173 in order to apply for 143?

many thanks for you helps!

No, that's not right. You can choose to apply for one or the other. The 173 is for a short term - two years I think- at the end of which you can apply for a permenant visa. The cost of the temporary and follow on permenant visa add up to the same cost as a 143 - it's a way of staggering the cost and also I suppose it wastes less money if you decide you aren't happy and want to leave after two years!

You can apply for the 143 straight away and then you will have a wait of two to two and a half years before your application is processed.

There re is also a 103 parent visa which has very low charges ( about 5,000 $ or so) but which involves a lengthy wait of ten years minimum.

Once your application has been acknowledged your parents can apply for a six month visiting visa but I'm not sure how that works.

The long journey has finally ended, flew to Bali last night and received THE email from immi at 9.00am this morning to say PR is granted. Our legs and bums are a little stiff from sitting in the waiting room for so long, but we have finally made to through the door. So after a very long wait it's great to say..... whooohooo.

11am is no too early to start a liquid celebration is it.

so pleased for both of you, seems ages ago we met

Yes, that is correct.

Applying for the 143 straightaway is a cheaper solution in terms of Visa Application Charges payable to the Department.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

Will the Department publish the number of applications for the 143 in any given month do you know? It would be interesting to know how many were received last May and June as opposed to the number received in the forthcoming months.

I think it would give us some idea how long we might be waiting as we assumed after the May and June backlog things might speed up. However, one day's progress since the 23rd January is somewhat disheartening. Initially when we applied we thought we would be there for (last) Christmas......:sad:

Many thanks.

Hi Alan,

Will the Department publish the number of applications for the 143 in any given month do you know? It would be interesting to know how many were received last May and June as opposed to the number received in the forthcoming months.

I think it would give us some idea how long we might be waiting as we assumed after the May and June backlog things might speed up. However, one day's progress since the 23rd January is somewhat disheartening. Initially when we applied we thought we would be there for (last) Christmas......:sad:

Many thanks.

Hi NanaJan.

Yes, those statistics would help to manage expectations, I agree.

I believe people at the Parent Visa Centre look at this website periodically, so hopefully they will see our two comments, and will be receptive!

Best regards.

Hi NanaJan.

Yes, those statistics would help to manage expectations, I agree.

I believe people at the Parent Visa Centre look at this website periodically, so hopefully they will see our two comments, and will be receptive!

Best regards.

"Like"

Thank you Alan. Fingers crossed:smile:

If its any use to anyone waiting/interested in the queue for the 103 parents visa between the 10th nov 2016 and 8th feb 2017 .

as at 10/11 as at 8/02 reduced

26/05/2008 40 30 10

01/09/2009 150 100 40

03/05/2010 3460 3130 280

23/05/2011 9310 8970 50

01/05/2012 11670 11320 10

01/05/2013 14970 14610 10

01/05/2014 17570 17200 0

24/05/2015 27130 26680 90

I will post the updated figures whenever the list is amended by IMMI

I have picked the end date as its applicable to me

Kind regards

Keith

its any use to anyone waiting/interested in the queue for the 103 parents visa between the 10th nov 2016 and 8th feb 2017 .

...................as at 10/11/16.... as at 8/02/17.... reduced

26/05/2008 .40 .30 .10

01/09/2009 .150 .100 .40

03/05/2010 .3460 .3130 .280

23/05/2011 .9310 .8970 .10

01/05/2012 .11670 .11320 .10

01/05/2013 .14970 .14610 .10

01/05/2014 .17570 .17200 .0

24/05/2015 .27130 .26680 .90

The list reduced by 450 in this period

Kind regards

Keith

its any use to anyone waiting/interested in the queue for the 103 parents visa between the 10th nov 2016 and 8th feb 2017 .

...................as at 10/11/16.... as at 8/02/17.... reduced

26/05/2008 .40 .30 .10

01/09/2009 .150 .100 .40

03/05/2010 .3460 .3130 .280

23/05/2011 .9310 .8970 .10

01/05/2012 .11670 .11320 .10

01/05/2013 .14970 .14610 .10

01/05/2014 .17570 .17200 .0

24/05/2015 .27130 .26680 .90

The list reduced by 450 in this period

Kind regards

Keith

Thanks for posting these Keith, but I'm not sure I understand them!!

Do you know if anything is posted anywhere with regard to the 143 visa?

Many thanks

Jan

Thanks for posting these Keith, but I'm not sure I understand them!!

Do you know if anything is posted anywhere with regard to the 143 visa?

Many thanks

Jan

Sorry it still looks a bit of a jumble , the computer moves the columns when posting i will do it better on the next update.

You have to do a little arithmetic to see how the figures pan out , as each years totals include the previous years . At least you can see they are primarily working on 2009/10.

Hi Alan,

Many thanks.

With regards to lodgement date for 143 visas, have you noticed that the Contributory Aged Parent visa 864 is progressing much quicker i.e. they're up to May 16 and yet website gives processing time as the same as 143! There must be a lot of 65 year olds on a 143, why should the ones who have moved already over ahead of visa be given priority?

Geoff & Gill

With regards to lodgement date for 143 visas, have you noticed that the Contributory Aged Parent visa 864 is progressing much quicker i.e. they're up to May 16 and yet website gives processing time as the same as 143! There must be a lot of 65 year olds on a 143, why should the ones who have moved already over ahead of visa be given priority?

Geoff & Gill

We are certainly in that category Geoff & Gill. We just didn't feel confident enough to go over and apply for 864. Wish we had now! Zee.

Geoff & Gill

I'll be honest, I only ever look at the 143 date! Please, please let there be some movement on the date tomorrow.

Look forward to the day when we might be able to meet up and laugh about this over a nice drink on Melbourne's South Bank:smile: