Guest guest36187

http://www.border.gov.au/News/Pages/global-visa-and-citizenship-processing-times.aspx

Maybe as they r repairing for the newest processing time tool and it can be used on March 17th,2017 and as they said:"the processing time will be updated MONTHLY to reflect the current caseloads and processing pressures...". So its kinda make sense for us that why they havent updated since Jan 23rd. They even said:"they will not publish some subclasses as they r closed to new entrants or capped and queued". if i dont make any mistakes, subclass 143 is not capped and queued right? correct my foolish if i have any mistakes.

Looking forward to next Friday and the new processing time tool! Not sure how we can access it if its new? Let's hope the date has moved on at last !

It's been stuck on that date since 23rd Jan unfortunately.

Hi,

posting on behalf of the in laws...

I noticed your acknowledgementdate is 28/2/15, my inlaws date is 11/3/15 but they haven't heard anything yet.

Do you have a case officer now or are you just getting all your police checks and medicals done in preparation for it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

posting on behalf of the in laws...

I noticed your acknowledgementdate is 28/2/15, my inlaws date is 11/3/15 but they haven't heard anything yet.

Do you have a case officer now or are you just getting all your police checks and medicals done in preparation for it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Radlam. No Case Officer yet, but Immi now ask for the medical and Police Report to be done a little in advance. My guess is that they want everything in place when the Case Officer picks up the file. My daughter has also started the Assurance of Support process and that can take around 9 weeks. Tell your in-laws to check their junk mail folder regularly, in case anything has gone into that. It has happened in the past that somebody here had a notification go into their junk folder. What date did your in-laws lodge their application, because that's the important date, rather than date of acknowledgment.

They lodged it first week in November 2014, unsure of the exact day.

We weren't aware you could start preparing these things in advance so thanks for the tip, I'll get them to make a start.

I'll get them to check their junk folder to see if anything has gone to that.

thanks

We weren't aware you could start preparing these things in advance so thanks for the tip, I'll get them to make a start.

thanks

they won't be able to do the medical until Immi ask them to and give them their HAP ID number. The Police Report can be done on line at ant time, but remember that both the medical and Police report are only valid for 12 months.

Edited by Catlady2014

OK a little confused now,

So they have already contacted you regarding your medical? What about the form 80?

When I went through my visa process (still trying to block it from my memory) it was the CO who requested all this.

thanks

OK a little confused now,

So they have already contacted you regarding your medical? What about the form 80?

When I went through my visa process (still trying to block it from my memory) it was the CO who requested all this.

thanks

they've changed the procedure (I think they're trying to speed it up!). I've been asked for these things in advance if a Case Officer. It looks like applicants who lodged in October have been asked, but maybe they haven't got to November applicants yet. Your parents can do the Police Report any time they choose. But for both the medical and AoS, they'll have to wait until Immi provide them with referral letters.

thanks

Hi Radlam.

Please do let us know when your in-laws hear something. We lodged on the 1st December 2014 so are only a few weeks behind them.

I am avidly watching @Catlady2014 as she is 2 months ahead of us:smile:

Reading recent posts the speculation seems to be that IMMI have reached, or almost reached, their allocation of CPV.s for this year and are only contacting the Oct 2014'ers in order to get their documentation in place for when the new allocation starts - which will not be until July 2016. Seems to make sense - but offers little comfort to those of us still way down in the queue. Meanwhile I am currently in Brisbane meeting my new granddaughter and I cannot believe how much house prices have increased here - about 20% - 30% over the last 2 years despite the fact that there seems to be a building frenzy everywhere you look. Add to that the decrease in the pound/dollar rate and we are moving further and further north to find something affordable. And then there is article 50 about to be enacted.............. Can you tell I am in a gloomy mood :sad:

I'd not be so sure of that.

It might be that a smaller headcount at the PVC has been instructed to triage applications initially - ie get them ready for assessment and finalisation - with delegates at the PVC then finalising a block of cases prior to the end of the current program year.

I can see how that would be more efficient - ie less costly in terms of resources - to the Department, and would lead to an apparent halting of processing.

Again, clarity would be welcome to prevent the gossip and heightened concerns among those waiting.

Best regards.

Hi Guys

was wondering if anyone has similar case/condition like us. we are trying to sponsor parents and our little brother to Australia using visa 143. by the look of things we satisfy all requirements of immigration. but there are slightly few things i just want to clarify:

my brother is currently in Australia undertook his year 10 (while applying for his student visa, I signed stat dec sponsoring him both financially and undertook his guardian, but the fact is my parents having been sending money to support him. while applying student visa, we only prove our financial capable that way since it's easier)

I have talk to an MA and she advised that my brother should come back to Vietnam since this is an offshore visa: all applicant should reside outside australia while this visa is lodged and while decision is made. and this will greatly affect his study a lot.

was wondering if anyone has same case?

Hi Guys

was wondering if anyone has similar case/condition like us. we are trying to sponsor parents and our little brother to Australia using visa 143. by the look of things we satisfy all requirements of immigration. but there are slightly few things i just want to clarify:

my brother is currently in Australia undertook his year 10 (while applying for his student visa, I signed stat dec sponsoring him both financially and undertook his guardian, but the fact is my parents having been sending money to support him. while applying student visa, we only prove our financial capable that way since it's easier)

I have talk to an MA and she advised that my brother should come back to Vietnam since this is an offshore visa: all applicant should reside outside australia while this visa is lodged and while decision is made. and this will greatly affect his study a lot.

was wondering if anyone has same case?

Applicants can be inside or outside Australia when a subclass 143 visa application is lodged - but are to be outside Australia when the application is decided (ie at visa grant).

In the meantime, a visa applicant can be in Australia - assuming s/he has a valid visa.

Also, I'd not be signing a Stat Dec that is incorrect. Exercise caution.

Best regards.

Edited by Alan Collett

Reading recent posts the speculation seems to be that IMMI have reached, or almost reached, their allocation of CPV.s for this year and are only contacting the Oct 2014'ers in order to get their documentation in place for when the new allocation starts - which will not be until July 2016. Seems to make sense - but offers little comfort to those of us still way down in the queue. Meanwhile I am currently in Brisbane meeting my new granddaughter and I cannot believe how much house prices have increased here - about 20% - 30% over the last 2 years despite the fact that there seems to be a building frenzy everywhere you look. Add to that the decrease in the pound/dollar rate and we are moving further and further north to find something affordable. And then there is article 50 about to be enacted.............. Can you tell I am in a gloomy mood :sad:

Feeling similar frustration here. Having been unable to move when we got our visa last year, due to family problems, we are now in a position to move but have yet to sell our house. When our visa was granted the dollar was at 2.05 or so to the £ ... our family is in Sydney ... We have known for years that we couldn't buy there but had settled on a town within reasonable reach. Like you, we are watching prices get higher and higher but until our house is sold we can do nothing. Gloomy indeed.

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 21 August 2014.

And for subclass 864 visa applications:

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 10 August 2016.

Best regards.

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if the 864's have a separate quota out of the 7175 Parent Visas allocated per year or is it just given priority? There is a BIG difference (ALMOST 2 YEARS) in the processing speed of the 143 and 864 visas.

Cheers.

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if the 864's have a separate quota out of the 7175 Parent Visas allocated per year or is it just given priority? There is a BIG difference (ALMOST 2 YEARS) in the processing speed of the 143 and 864 visas.

Cheers.

We noticed this last month and asked our emigration agent about it, only to be told that they are completely different visas! However, apart from one being on shore and the other off shore, they appear to be identical! Both are also given 2-4 years processing time on Immi web page!

Regards Geoff & Gill

actually theyve changed and upgraded their website for IMMI online account on march 13rd. i checked it and it has so many changes in advance but our parents subclasses arent in their check list cause we are all in paper applications so IMMI online account is useless for us.

We noticed this last month and asked our emigration agent about it, only to be told that they are completely different visas! However, apart from one being on shore and the other off shore, they appear to be identical! Both are also given 2-4 years processing time on Immi web page!

Regards Geoff & Gill

Technically, they are separate visa classes with a couple of different conditions attaching to the assessment of eligibility.

Best regards.