Guest guest36187

Have spent the afternoon sorting Christmas decorations that I'd intended to keep for sentimental reasons. I am now looking at ( don't laugh) the coal scuttle. It's s special coal scuttle (I did say don't laugh) as it's an antique and sat by May parents' hearth all the years I was growing up. Its been next to my wood burner for the last three years ... But is it Australian customs proof? I've never thought about it before, but I'm wondering if I should give it to my sister :wink:

Sorry, Fisher, but that did make me chuckle.

Good luck with your move and RIP to your mum.

Just a quick update:

We have been contacted by Parent Visa Centre ( not case officer ) today requesting for AOS, Medicals and Police Clearance.

Aos and medical requested. !!!!!

Great news both. Things do look to be on the move.

Fingers crossed for a move forward on the date tomorrow.

As well as looking at all my belongings with a new eye in terms of dirt and dust, I'm also getting addicted to a local online selling page. Today I sold a wicker basket and a bag I never use, and bought a new pair of shoes with the money! Not sure if this counts as decluttering exactly but I did enjoy it ...

Edited by Fisher1

'Like'.

PS. Haha I'm also getting addicted to a local online selling page. Today I sold a wicker basket and a bag I never use, and bought a new pair of shoes with the money! Not sure if this counts as decluttering exactly but I did enjoy it ...

Oh Fisher, I think we would get on well...........:biglaugh:

Guest geordie joe

The long journey has finally ended, flew to Bali last night and received THE email from immi at 9.00am this morning to say PR is granted. Our legs and bums are a little stiff from sitting in the waiting room for so long, but we have finally made to through the door. So after a very long wait it's great to say..... whooohooo.

11am is no too early to start a liquid celebration is it.

The long journey has finally ended, flew to Bali last night and received THE email from immi at 9.00am this morning to say PR is granted. Our legs and bums are a little stiff from sitting in the waiting room for so long, but we have finally made to through the door. So after a very long wait it's great to say..... whooohooo.

Never too early. Congratulations:ssign19:

And this is where we need a smiley with glass in hand.......!!

Never too early to celebrate! Congratulations

Congratulations! enjoy Bali, hope the celebrations are still going on!!

Amazing news - at last! It has been a long and frustrating journey for you shuffling your way forward in the waiting room. Definitely not too early for some liquid celebration and a toast to your new life in Australia. :smile:

Looks like the rest of us are in for the long haul, the news for 143 applicants is:

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 19 August 2014.

It has moved 1 day since 23 January. So much for our hopes that things would speed up.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 19 August 2014.

It has moved 1 day since 23 January. So much for our hopes that things would speed up.

I know. I was really hoping for an update today.........with a huge leap forward:arghh::arghh:

Hello,

I am hoping someone will be able to advise me....

I have lost a box of important documents and in it was the photocopies of the original Parent Visa Application and the Sponsors Applications. Do you need the photocopies later on in the process ? Or is it not necessary for me to stress about the loss.

Hello,

I am hoping someone will be able to advise me....

I have lost a box of important documents and in it was the photocopies of the original Parent Visa Application and the Sponsors Applications. Do you need the photocopies later on in the process ? Or is it not necessary for me to stress about the loss.

Hi, I have not personally been asked for extra copies of documents already supplied, but that's not to say I won't be. However, I don't know what stage of the process you are at as there is no timeline signature on your post. Have you received an acknowledgment of your application, which would imply DIBP have received your documents? And bear in mind that you may be asked to complete more forms which may include questions already answered in your application, so it is useful to have a copy of the application for ease of reference, unless you have a fantastic memory and have all the data stored neatly at the forefront of your brain! I would be inclined to have a really thorough search for the missing copies, and if you still can't find them then go to the website and download the application, complete it again (but this tine it will only be for your own reference) and gather all your originals that you needed when you applied and copy them again, then put all these new copies somewhere safe and also scan them onto your computer. But, if you used a migration agent, then your agent will have copies of all your stuff anyway.

Hi Catlady,

Thanks for taking time to reply in detail. The box which I was referring to was actually stolen together with some other boxes which contained valuable items. So I will not get it back. (my son also sent his sponsorship application photocopy to me for safe keeping - and this happens).

Anyway, the application was lodged on 1st August 2016 and the acknowledgement is 2nd August 2016. So long way to go. We did not use an agent.

Like you said, hopefully I wouldn't have to reproduce anything from the application. But I will try to complete one for my own reference.

cheers!

Hi Catlady,

Thanks for taking time to reply in detail. The box which I was referring to was actually stolen together with some other boxes which contained valuable items. So I will not get it back. (my son also sent his sponsorship application photocopy to me for safe keeping - and this happens).

Anyway, the application was lodged on 1st August 2016 and the acknowledgement is 2nd August 2016. So long way to go. We did not use an agent.

Like you said, hopefully I wouldn't have to reproduce anything from the application. But I will try to complete one for my own reference.

oh dear. That's absolutely horrible, to get your documents stolen. Good luck with recreating your application. I don't suppose you will be asked to send your documents again, but your immediate problem is likely to be identity theft, depending on what was taken. I do hope you reported this to Police and that everything is ok for you.

Sorry last post was meant for Geordie joe!!

going to Canberra

Many congratulations Joe, it,s been a long haul. Every good wish for the future.

Julie

Have spent the afternoon sorting Christmas decorations that I'd intended to keep for sentimental reasons. I am now looking at ( don't laugh) the coal scuttle. It's s special coal scuttle (I did say don't laugh) as it's an antique and sat by May parents' hearth all the years I was growing up. Its been next to my wood burner for the last three years ... But is it Australian customs proof? I've never thought about it before, but I'm wondering if I should give it to my sister :wink:

Hi Fisher 1. It is a long, long time since I logged into this site. However we found it of great use when we were going through the same process circa 2010. We are now living in the lower north shore of Sydney and are in fact up for our citizenship ceremony on 15 March! Your post caught my eye because of the "coal scuttle". I also grew up with a copper coal scuttle which was in my parents 16 century cottage in west sussex. It was left to me and I had it in our home(s) in Hampstead, London. I nearly got rid of it when we came out here but then a friend suggested I used it for magazines and newspapers - which we now do. It sits happily in our townhouse here in Cammeray. So you might want to rethink that one!! Good luck. Sue:smile::yes:

Congratulations! ????