Guest guest36187

Hi just for anyone who is at the start of this journey ,please see note below from DIC that we received this morning.They also confirmed we have no form filling to do regarding our visit to Brisbane on Sunday.Thanks for the reply's.

Kev

"Thank you for your email. Please do not reply to the sender of this email as you will receive no response.

It takes approximately 18 months from the date of lodgement of your contributory Parent subclass 173 to be allocated to a Case Officer.

Once a Case Officer has been allocated, they will contact the Authorised Recipient in writing requesting further information. We are currently processing visa applications for subclass 173 that were submitted on 06 October 2011.

The electronic queue date calculator does not apply to Parent subclass 173. Your parent visa application has not been allocated yet."

Enjoy your vacation Holidaykev!

Anyway just a train of thought to everyone… So, if they’re doing Oct 2011 cpv's, and they’re saying it’s taking 18 months, counting Oct 2011 to now isn't 18 months but only 14 months.

So by saying its really taking up to 18 months, should that mean that there are applications from way back May-June 2011 which are untouched and un-assessed? So it doesn't follow the order of lodgement date? My ack.date is way prior to Oct 2011, so not sure whats happening.

Hi everyone.

This is just to wish you all a happy Christmas. :xmas29: If you are far away from family in Australia, Happy Skyping:xmas30:If you have your family round you, enjoy! :xmas31:Whatever you are doing over the holiday I hope it goes well,

and heres to a brilliant new

year :xmas17:Kath

Wishing everyone a good christmas.

Yesterday I received the request for my final payment. Ouch - that amount of money. But money is there to buy what I want and I feel grateful that I have been able to get it together.

I received my case officer on 5 October, medicals on the 10th October, the Panel Dr told me that Immigration would ask for further tests - so I worried, but no - no tests just asked for the money.

I wont quite believe it until I have the email telling me I have the visa. But its a great christmas present.

Ann - how did you get on with your case officer and the delay with your sons accounts?

Will try to update the tracker now

Best wishes to everyone

Moira

Yesterday I received the request for my final payment. Ouch - that amount of money. But money is there to buy what I want and I feel grateful that I have been able to get it together.

I received my case officer on 5 October, medicals on the 10th October, the Panel Dr told me that Immigration would ask for further tests - so I worried, but no - no tests just asked for the money.

I wont quite believe it until I have the email telling me I have the visa. But its a great christmas present.

Ann - how did you get on with your case officer and the delay with your sons accounts?

Best wishes to everyone

Moira

Great News Moira :cute: your on your way

:xmas17:MERRY XMAS:xmas17:

Phoebe x

Best wishes to everyone

Moira

That must be the best Christmas present ever! Well done and good luck.

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and support through the last 17mths. I received the visa 2days after paying the money.

Am I right in remembering that to get a visa put in your passport it has to be sent to australian immigration in London, which dept did you send it to?

Wishing you all the best

Moira

It's all done electronically Moira so there's no need to send your passpost to the Australian Immigration in London. Just print out a few copies of the letter which confirms that you have been granted the visa. It's useful when you are arranging things over here like opening a bank account and registering with Medicare etc. That's all we did and we haven't had any problems at all. Many congratulations to you! Angie

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and support through the last 17mths. I received the visa 2days after paying the money.

Am I right in remembering that to get a visa put in your passport it has to be sent to australian immigration in London, which dept did you send it to?

Wishing you all the best

Moira

Congratulations I will be applying in April next year wonder how long it will all take from start to finish?

p

Congratulations I will be applying in April next year wonder how long it will all take from start to finish?

p

It took me 17mths. I think it would have been quicker but I did not get the medicals done before I had the case officer. But the 17mths from start to finish actually went quickly - as I look back on them.

Best wishes for the future

Moira

We were lucky - ours took 13 months from the first acknowledgement and we didn't book out medicals until our CO was appointed! Can't believe that was so long ago now. We have been here for almost 15 months and just enjoyed our second Christmas in the sun. It was a very special time as our son is out on a visit from England and it was the first time in 6 years that the family had been together.

Hi

I am looking for some advice about my mum, I apologise for the long post, tia.

My mum is 81 and currently living with us and now has fairly advanced dementia. I am her only child and her only living relatives are myself and children (23, 21, 11 and 5months) and an elderly sister who has mobility issues in the UK. In 2009 I brought mum over to Aus after she had a hysterectomy to recover, she extended her visa whilst here, and passed her medical. She went back to the UK, but it didn't not work out so she came back in March 2010 before her tourist visa expired.

She applied onshore for the 804 Aged Parent Visa in April 2010. Since then she has developed advanced dementia and recently had a short spell in hospital. We got a letter from DIAC requesting a medical, which she had today. The Dr has requested a report from a Geriatrician requesting a MMSE. Mum's dementia is rated 6 on the FAST scale.

I am aware that she will fail the medical and am wondering what options there might be. A lot of people have mentioned that as she is not fit to travel and that she has nowhere to go back to in the UK, that she will be allowed to stay on compassionate grounds.

I do not want to return to the UK, apart from the awful climate, not just the weather, it would mean leaving my eldest two here and disrupt my daughter's education, and downgrading it. My husband is an Aus, he does not have a UK visa, and really does not want to live in the UK.

Has anyone had similar experiences or any advice they can share? Thanks.

Hi

My mum is 81 and currently living with us and now has fairly advanced dementia. I am her only child and her only living relatives are myself and children (23, 21, 11 and 5months) and an elderly sister who has mobility issues in the UK. In 2009 I brought mum over to Aus after she had a hysterectomy to recover, she extended her visa whilst here, and passed her medical. She went back to the UK, but it didn't not work out so she came back in March 2010 before her tourist visa expired.

She applied onshore for the 804 Aged Parent Visa in April 2010. Since then she has developed advanced dementia and recently had a short spell in hospital. We got a letter from DIAC requesting a medical, which she had today. The Dr has requested a report from a Geriatrician requesting a MMSE. Mum's dementia is rated 6 on the FAST scale.

I am aware that she will fail the medical and am wondering what options there might be. A lot of people have mentioned that as she is not fit to travel and that she has nowhere to go back to in the UK, that she will be allowed to stay on compassionate grounds.

I do not want to return to the UK, apart from the awful climate, not just the weather, it would mean leaving my eldest two here and disrupt my daughter's education, and downgrading it. My husband is an Aus, he does not have a UK visa, and really does not want to live in the UK.

Hi

I'm sorry to hear your situation & cannot advise you but I hope it all works out for you and your mam in the New Year.

Phoebe

Hi

You could try posting your query here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/131621-aged-parent-residence-visa-subclass-804-a-2.html

which is a thread for those who have applied for the 804 visa.

Other than that, you might be better consulting an agent.

Hi All, am heading to Brisbane on 13th of this month, delighted I got my visa, as I have said before in my posts. Just wondering if anyone could help. I am travelling from Dublin with Emirates, I have 30kg allowance. Does anyone know if I can split this up between two bags for checked in luggage. Many thanks, Fran.

Hi Fran

I believe you can my daughter had 4 bags last time she was here with little ones and there was no problems :biggrin:

If this is a one way ticket you might be able to upgrade your allowance to 40kg give Emirates a ring.....as we say up up North "shy bairns get nowt" :cute:

All the very best to you what a great start to the New year....live your dream :cool:

Phoebe x

Hi All, am heading to Brisbane on 13th of this month, delighted I got my visa, as I have said before in my posts. Just wondering if anyone could help. I am travelling from Dublin with Emirates, I have 30kg allowance. Does anyone know if I can split this up between two bags for checked in luggage. Many thanks, Fran.

Happy New Year Fran! :xmas18:

You can take your luggage allowance in more than one case (or bag) in fact, they prefer it if you do as they don't like to lift very heavy cases. Health and Safety etc! And, don't forget you can have a few kilos of hand luggage as well as a (biggish) handbag. I reckon you'd get away with 40kgs in total!

Dave and I have just returned yesterday from a visit to the Brisbane bayside area and I thought of you when we passed the turn off for Hemmant! We had two lovely Poms in Oz afternoons too during our visit. We met up with Val and Matt and Angie & Ted (Brummiebabies). So much in common to chat about - it was really wonderful.

Keep us all posted on your Australian adventure Fran, have a safe journey!

All the very best to you! Val x

Hi Val, many thanks for your reply, thats great as I will need two cases for the 30kg. Sounds like you are having a great time in Australia. Hope to make it to one of the Poms in Oz meet ups when I get there (even if I am a blow in!!).

Thanks again for the info.

Fran x

E=vava;1936067367]Happy New Year Fran! :xmas18:

You can take your luggage allowance in more than one case (or bag) in fact, they prefer it if you do as they don't like to lift very heavy cases. Health and Safety etc! And, don't forget you can have a few kilos of hand luggage as well as a (biggish) handbag. I reckon you'd get away with 40kgs in total!

Dave and I have just returned yesterday from a visit to the Brisbane bayside area and I thought of you when we passed the turn off for Hemmant! We had two lovely Poms in Oz afternoons too during our visit. We met up with Val and Matt and Angie & Ted (Brummiebabies). So much in common to chat about - it was really wonderful.

Happy New Year Fran! :xmas18:

Hi Val and Happy New Year to you and Dave! Glad to hear you're home safe and sound - we did think of you on New Year's Eve - that flight is an endurance test at the best of times!

We also really enjoyed our afternoons with yourselves and Angie and Ted and hope its not too long before we have another! Fran - do contact one of us if you or anyone else is in the Bayside area and we'll arrange a meet-up!

Val, I hope you are able to return to Oz permanently very soon and look forward to seeing you again.

All the very best for 2013.

Val and Matt x

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Fran - so pleased to hear that you will soon be arriving in Brisbane and I really hope you will be able to make one of our PIO meet up's. The recent get togethers have really helped me and Ted - it's great to be in such good company and being able to chat to others in the same position as ourselves! Have a safe journey and let us know when you have settled in.

Val and Matt - Hope you are both okay and enjoying working on your new home! Will either text you or send a PM shortly.

Val - Glad to hear you arrived home okay but sorry the weather is so cold and wet in the UK. Looking forward to seeing you and Dave back here very soon in the meantime I'll keep in touch!

Angie xxx :xmas22:

Edited by brummiebabies

Hi Angie, Many thanks for your good wishes, I am excited and nervous at the same time. I'm sure ye all understand the feeling. Its strange also cos my son will be travelling in South America, he leaves Ireland tomorrow to go on travels until mid February, so I'll have plenty of time to find by bearings etc. I've been over to his place a few times so its not quite as daunting. Will definitely meet up when I am settled.

Thanks again, Fran.

Best wishes to everyone

Moira

Hello Moira, just seen your post and not sure if your meaning me with your query on my sons accounts, but if is me i think i will just make getting my AOS done in time before my final extension deadline of the 18th Jan this month, it's been nothing short of a complete nightmare moira, my sons end of year taxes were taking forever and still not done so i have to say this is were Agents come into their own and are well worth using, Alan Collette my agent was my saviour here and informed me of another way of doing the AOS with a PTY Limited which my son already has, you do not need your assurers end of year financials for proof of earnings but the draw back is you have to give centrelink $20,000 instead of the $10,000, we sent the forms off to centrelink middle of December but unfortunately being xmas and new year it slowed things up, my son contacted centrelink in canerra today he was told a letter would be sent from Adelaide so hopefully he will recieve that Tuesday my son takes the letter to the commonwealth bank in Perth to open the account for the AOS and then immigration is informed, so hopefully this can be completed before the 18th jan, my anxiety was so bad i had to visit my GP who prescribed me Beta blockers, never been so stressed in my life, after 2yrs of going through all this and seeing it slip away was just to awful to comprehend. Anyway fingers crossed all will be sorted next week and i will be joining you all in celebrating getting the precious visa. It's so unpredictable the visa process as just when you are confident all is going to plan.... Wollop.... you hit a problem that can snooker your plans. I have never been so glad to hand over my life savings.:twitcy:

My Grandson was born in Septemer and i haven't seen him yet so it will be so great to finaly meet him.

Congrats all went great with you Moira, absolutely great news....... get the tracker updated you deserve it. Lets hope i will be doing the same soon. I really can't thank Go Matilda enough otherwise i would never have known i could do the AOS this way. Ann