Guest guest36187

Hi Everyone

Just a quick update.

Hubby saw his consultant on Tuesday and I very happy to tell you all his results were clear :biggrin: such a relief :swoon:

I've got my CT scan on 17th and MRI on 21st December with follow up appointment with Neuro Consultant on 14th January........everything is moving in the right direction now :yes:

Thank you all for your support :notworthy: it is much appreciated

Phoebe

Thanks for keeping us updated Phoebe!

So glad for your hubbies results. We'll all celebrate when yours come through good too! (That doesn't sound like good English, sorry!)

Two appointments will be finished with by Christmas, so have a brilliant time, like you say, everything is going in the right direction!

:xmas24::biggrin::xmas15: Not as clever as you with the smilies, but you get the gist!!!!!! Cheers Pam x

Hi Everyone

Just a quick update.

Hubby saw his consultant on Tuesday and I very happy to tell you all his results were clear :biggrin: such a relief :swoon:

I've got my CT scan on 17th and MRI on 21st December with follow up appointment with Neuro Consultant on 14th January........everything is moving in the right direction now :yes:

Phoebe

Thats wonderful news Phoebe

Thinking of you Moira

Hi Everyone

Just a quick update.

Phoebe[/quote

thats fantastic news onwards and upwards.

tab xx

Hi Everyone

Just a quick update.

Phoebe

That's great news Phoebe - good luck with the rest of the tests for you.

Best wishes Mike and Sue

Hi Everyone

Just a quick update.

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe - so glad to hear this good news, everything crossed for your results too! Stay strong.

Gill :xmas24:

good afternoon,

Out of interest.......how much money on average per week would a couple (no kids) need to live on; renting a dwelling,or a mortgage,running a car,household bills etc. Im hoping this will be quite an eye opener...thanks in advance.

Tab x

What do you spend your money on?

Hi Tab,

This is a difficult one but here is a brief rundown of some of our costs. We've been here 3 months now so the spending is steadying somewhat. Here goes...

Rent for a 2 bed unit next to Lake Macquarie - $351 per week :err:

Electric $74 per month

Petrol $65 to fill up the car - lasts approx 1 week

Weekly shop - around $150 - $200 depending on the week

Car insurance $492 per year including breakdown cover

Phone and internet bill $80 per month

Mobile phone $39 per month on contract

Household insurance $40 per month

Medical prescriptions $40 per month

Gap on doctors visit - $35 per visit

No private health insurance as yet.

We both have found jobs which pay better than expected but sadly they are only temporary at the moment. If you have anything specific you want to know the cost of, I can try to find out for you.

Hope this helps.

Kim

Can anyone tell me whether, once a parent's visa has been issued, there is any limit on the number of days per year you can spend outside Australia?

Strictly speaking, no there isn't. Your visa allows you to come and go as you wish for five years. However, there might be a problem further down the line after the 5 years when, if you are not a citizen and you haven't spent the required 4 years in Australia to qualify for citizenship, you will need to apply for a Resident Return Visa to get back in the country. At the moment, I think you need to have spent at least 2 years in Australia to get this visa and it is only valid for a year. I have also read that they are tightening up on these rules as well.

Would anyone be able to tell me how long after the visa is granted you have to enter Australia? I heard it had something to do with the dates of the police checks and medicals?

thanks

Yes, it's normally one year from the date of the police checks or medicals, whichever is sooner.

When we lived in Belgium and rented out a property in the UK here we paid tax on the income in the UK even though we were at registered as non-resident for tax purposes. Similarly friends who rented out a property in Luxembourg paid Luxembourg taxes on the rent even though they were not resident and not normally Luxembourg tax payers. You'd need to check carefully but I am pretty sure the tax on property income is paid in the country where it arises.

Question about UK property and Tax.

Hi advise on this would be appreciated

If you rent your property in the UK do you have to pay the Tax on income in the UK or Australia?

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe - we rent out our property in uk, are classed as non-resident landlords so no tax is deducted at source, but we have to declare the income on our uk self assessment tax returns.

Hope this helps - if not, your accountant would be able to give up to date advice

Question about UK property and Tax.

Hi advise on this would be appreciated

If you rent your property in the UK do you have to pay the Tax on income in the UK or Australia?

Phoebe

Australia taxes you on all your worldwide income.......you need to get professional advice on this

Hi Phoebe - we rent out our property in uk, are classed as non-resident landlords so no tax is deducted at source, but we have to declare the income on our uk self assessment tax returns.

Hope this helps - if not, your accountant would be able to give up to date advice

Why do you have to complete a UK self assessment if you are classed as non residents?

Phoebe

Australia taxes you on all your worldwide income.......you need to get professional advice on this

Confirmed - the rental income is assesable in Australia if you are a tax resident and hold a permanent residency visa or are an Australian citizen. Temporary visaholders (eg subclass 173 visaholders) who are resident in Australia are exempt from Aus tax on most overseas income though.

UK rental income also remains assessable in the UK, but a continuing entitlement to the UK personal allowance is likely to absorb the net rental income, at least in tax years when one is no longer resident in the UK for the entirety of the UK tax year.

UK tax suffered on the UK rental income that is also assessable in Australia can be claimed as a foreign tax offset on the Aus tax return.

See also: http://www.gmtax.com.au/faqs/

Best regards.

HI Alan...

Good to c u .

I HAVE LODGED my appl for 190 on 7th sep. till date no contact by DIAC. I called up a week before , an operator told me that from late sep I have a CO to my application. Till date its more than 3 months .. nothingg... I am worried... Everthing uploded , everthing a single bit is true in my application. still no news... help

HI Alan...

Good to c u .

I HAVE LODGED my appl for 190 on 7th sep. till date no contact by DIAC. I called up a week before , an operator told me that from late sep I have a CO to my application. Till date its more than 3 months .. nothingg... I am worried... Everthing uploded , everthing a single bit is true in my application. still no news... help

Dugles - this is a parent visa thread => start a new one please. Best regards.