Guest guest36187

19 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

What makes you think this?

Scope of sponsorship

Your household is limited to one sponsorship at a time.

Your sponsorship can cover up to 2 parents per household at a time.

You can sponsor:

• one or both of your parents, or
  • one, or both, of your partner’s parents, or
  • one of your parents and one of your partner’s parents

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/sponsored-parent-temporary-870#About

Best regards.

Thanks for clarifying Alan. Think I've been reading so long my eyes are playing tricks on me. 😞

1 hour ago, Ollie1234 said:

Literally amazed that families are kept apart at such a horrible time but sports people (and movie stars) can come and go as they please. Presume the taxpayer is footing the quaratine bill too. 

Tennis Australia is footing the bill as far as been reported and the tennis contingent arrived on specially chartered flights, others are apparently footing the bill for their quarantine. 

Edited by ramot

23 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

What makes you think this?

Scope of sponsorship

Your household is limited to one sponsorship at a time.

Your sponsorship can cover up to 2 parents per household at a time.

You can sponsor:

• one or both of your parents, or
  • one, or both, of your partner’s parents, or
  • one of your parents and one of your partner’s parents

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/sponsored-parent-temporary-870#About

Best regards.

Hi Allen I have two question

1. My wife applied subclass 173 and provided sponsorship to my father in law and brother in law. Their visa has granted about 1.5 years and now looking to apply subclass 143. 

I am also  looking to apply subclass 173 for my own parents and my dependent brother under the age of 18. Can I provide seperate sponsorship for them? If no what is the alternative option for me to bring them permanently. 

2. My second question related to my parents in law subclass 143 visa application. We have applied in November 2020. DIAC officer requested assurance of support which we have provided from our own genuine cafe business operating under trust since 2015. Centrelink has rejected the application as business hasn’t made profit however business has an annual turnover  2,50,000. I was looking under the legislation and my business assurance of support should assess under social security act 9.4.3.100 where it mentioned 

Unincorporated bodies are not required to meet the income requirements. For visas that require a mandatory AoS requirement a security in the form of a bank guarantee is required. For visas that are discretionary there is no requirement for any security. The value of the security will depend on the length of the assurance period. The security will be deposited in the name of the unincorporated body.”

Based on this legislation do you think Centrelink has made incorrect decisions as they rejected my application based on business has not made profit. I understand corporation has different act 9.4.3.90 where it mentioned 

When assessing the AoS, the Secretary must be satisfied that the body has not been set up for the sole purpose of providing an AoS. For example, in most circumstances a body should provide reliable and verifiable evidence (e.g. tax returns, correspondence from a registered accountant, statement from ASIC) of consistent trading activity for at least two financial or calendar years prior to the date of AoS application that can be used to verify that the body has the capacity to support the assuree. To have the capacity to support an assuree a body as a guideline, should be trading profitably at a similar level to the income test for individuals, as well as any other additional in-kind resources the corporation can offer” 

I think they have assessed my application based on 9.4.3.90 as corporation but my business are running as unincorporated trust. I hope you will able to guide me right path. 

thank you everyone for reading such a long post. I hope it will help others in the forum 

22 minutes ago, Majhar said:

1. My wife applied subclass 173 and provided sponsorship to my father in law and brother in law. Their visa has granted about 1.5 years and now looking to apply subclass 143. 

I am also  looking to apply subclass 173 for my own parents and my dependent brother under the age of 18. Can I provide seperate sponsorship for them? If no what is the alternative option for me to bring them permanently. 

2. My second question related to my parents in law subclass 143 visa application. We have applied in November 2020. DIAC officer requested assurance of support which we have provided from our own genuine cafe business operating under trust since 2015. Centrelink has rejected the application as business hasn’t made profit however business has an annual turnover  2,50,000. I was looking under the legislation and my business assurance of support should assess under social security act 9.4.3.100 where it mentioned 

Unincorporated bodies are not required to meet the income requirements. For visas that require a mandatory AoS requirement a security in the form of a bank guarantee is required. For visas that are discretionary there is no requirement for any security. The value of the security will depend on the length of the assurance period. The security will be deposited in the name of the unincorporated body.”

Based on this legislation do you think Centrelink has made incorrect decisions as they rejected my application based on business has not made profit. I understand corporation has different act 9.4.3.90 where it mentioned 

When assessing the AoS, the Secretary must be satisfied that the body has not been set up for the sole purpose of providing an AoS. For example, in most circumstances a body should provide reliable and verifiable evidence (e.g. tax returns, correspondence from a registered accountant, statement from ASIC) of consistent trading activity for at least two financial or calendar years prior to the date of AoS application that can be used to verify that the body has the capacity to support the assuree. To have the capacity to support an assuree a body as a guideline, should be trading profitably at a similar level to the income test for individuals, as well as any other additional in-kind resources the corporation can offer” 

I think they have assessed my application based on 9.4.3.90 as corporation but my business are running as unincorporated trust. I hope you will able to guide me right path. 

thank you everyone for reading such a long post. I hope it will help others in the forum 

The only help I can give is the query  re your dependant brother. Under a rule change in November 2016 your brother will have to still be dependant and under the age of 23 - at the date of final decision. How old is the brother now? 

Given that  applications made now are likely to take 10 or more  years, as the queue has grown immensely - around 56000 now waiting and only up to processing May 2016.,  there is the chance your brother may not meet the criteria depending on how old he is now. 
Also following another rule change in October 2020,  applications made since June  2018 are now subject to assessment to see if they fit all  the criteria and are then given a queue date which will be later than the original lodgement date. 

3 hours ago, ramot said:

Thanks for replaying. My brother is 12 years old. Even my brother drop out can my sponsorship be valid for my father as my wife has provided sponsorship for my father in where I signed as her husband authorising to provide sponsorship 

Edited by Majhar

13 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

The only help I can give is the query  re your dependant brother. Under a rule change in November 2016 your brother will have to still be dependant and under the age of 23 - at the date of final decision. How old is the brother now? 

Given that  applications made now are likely to take 10 or more  years, as the queue has grown immensely - around 56000 now waiting and only up to processing May 2016.,  there is the chance your brother may not meet the criteria depending on how old he is now. 
Also following another rule change in October 2020,  applications made since June  2018 are now subject to assessment to see if they fit all  the criteria and are then given a queue date which will be later than the original lodgement date. 

Thanks for replaying. My brother is 12 years old. Even my brother drop out can my sponsorship be valid for my father as my wife has provided sponsorship for my father in where I signed as her husband authorising to provide sponsorship 

2 hours ago, Majhar said:

Hello Majhar.

Please feel able to contact me directly if you think you require formal assistance with this visa application.

I can then let you know details of our fee for ssisting.

I'm not able to provide a response to application specific questions in the absence of a formal instruction.

Best regards.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Could you please guide as to what the rule states w.r.t. applicants before Nov. 2016. 

“Under a rule change in November 2016 your brother will have to still be dependent and under the age of 23 - at the date of final decision.

May I request to please re-check above ruling as with my limited understanding I assume it should be “  under the age of 23 - at Que assessment date”  Would be  grateful for your kind guidance.

31 minutes ago, MKrishna said:

“Under a rule change in November 2016 your brother will have to still be dependent and under the age of 23 - at the date of final decision.

May I request to please re-check above ruling as with my limited understanding I assume it should be “  under the age of 23 - at Que assessment date”  Would be  grateful for your kind guidance.

Thanks krishna I will try to find the specific legislation for that ruling. Any suggestions if I could be still eligible to provide sponsorship to my parents as I have signed authority declaration in my wife contributory parents visa sponsorship application 

2 hours ago, MKrishna said:

If you are talking about the 143 visa then it is 100% under 23 at time of grant and not application.  You should take up Alan’s suggestion of assistance. 

Edited by Tulip1

6 hours ago, MKrishna said:

No, it is definitely at the date of final decision.

Hello Everyone,

Is there anyone who had just lodged the Contributory Aged Parent Subclass 864 visa from onshore?
I am trying to find out how long they would take to reply for the acknowledgement (together with bridging visa) and in which method (post / email).
I have just lodged for my parents on 22nd Jan 2021 and am concerning for their current tourist visa is about to expire in mid of Feb. I am hoping to see if there is anyone on the same boat as my case and would like to hear some information.

My parents are applying for a VISA 143 - Contributory Parent visa

My father is the Main applicant and my Mother is also migrating with him. They do not have any dependents; they live just by themselves. (Their only children are my brother and I, we are both Australian Citizens, not dependent).

We have completed Form 47PA and included my mothers details under 'Part F - Details of partner'

My question is:

- Do we need to again include my Mother's details under Part H  Question 57- 'Members of the family unit aged 18 years or over'? Do we need to complete a Form 47A  for my Mother?

I hope someone who has recently submitted an application for this Visa can help with this doubt. 

Thank you!

3 hours ago, NATHALIA said:

My parents are applying for a VISA 143 - Contributory Parent visa

My father is the Main applicant and my Mother is also migrating with him. They do not have any dependents; they live just by themselves. (Their only children are my brother and I, we are both Australian Citizens, not dependent).

We have completed Form 47PA and included my mothers details under 'Part F - Details of partner'

My question is:

- Do we need to again include my Mother's details under Part H  Question 57- 'Members of the family unit aged 18 years or over'? Do we need to complete a Form 47A  for my Mother?

I hope someone who has recently submitted an application for this Visa can help with this doubt. 

Thank you!

Hi @NATHALIA - My situation was similar to yours. No you do not have to fill 47A for your mum, because her details would come under the "Part F - Details of Partner" of the form 47PA. So the only forms applicable for you would be 47PA and 40 (Sponsorship form) and 956 (optional if you want to be the point of contact for them).

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

I just saw on Channel 10 The Project that the government are now allowing those parents on shore who would normally have to leave to have their visas activated. It looks like now you can have it granted whilst you are in shore due to the risk of catching COVID whilst having to travel off shore. Great news! 

• Like 1

On 27/01/2021 at 19:00, Sherlock said:

Hi @NATHALIA - My situation was similar to yours. No you do not have to fill 47A for your mum, because her details would come under the "Part F - Details of Partner" of the form 47PA. So the only forms applicable for you would be 47PA and 40 (Sponsorship form) and 956 (optional if you want to be the point of contact for them).

Hope this helps.

Thank you @Sherlock!