Guest guest36187

12 hours ago, Flangela100 said:

Hi

Does anyone know which airlines are actually flying from Europe to Australia?

Cheers

Angela

Qatar is still flying to Australia and from all accounts, little reduction in inflight service and amenity since pre-COVID.

Best to check transit requirements to ensure you are actually allowed to travel on a transit itinerary via their hubs but others that are technically operating to both Europe & Australia include Emirates, Cathay, All Nippon Airways, Singapore Airlines.

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

We got the 2nd VAC request yesterday and we paid it yesterday.  This is for the 143 visa that was applied in February 2016. As we are currently onshore, we got letter from the Immigration that we need to leave the country for at least 3 working days for them to grant the visa. Does anyone have a similar experience and where did you travel to? With the current situation, we are not sure which country is safe to go and doesn’t require a visa to enter that country and whether they will have us be in quarantine for 14 days . We are prepared to be in quarantine for 14 days once we come back to Australia. I really appreciate anyone’s knowledge and ideas regarding this matter 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 4

11 minutes ago, Chanduni said:

Hi everyone,

We got the 2nd VAC request yesterday and we paid it yesterday.  This is for the 143 visa that was applied in February 2016. As we are currently onshore, we got letter from the Immigration that we need to leave the country for at least 3 working days for them to grant the visa. Does anyone have a similar experience and where did you travel to? With the current situation, we are not sure which country is safe to go and doesn’t require a visa to enter that country and whether they will have us be in quarantine for 14 days . We are prepared to be in quarantine for 14 days once we come back to Australia. I really appreciate anyone’s knowledge and ideas regarding this matter 

How long have they given you to leave? Some of us are emailing them saying we don’t want to leave yet due to COVID and flight shortages for returning to Oz. I would ask them for longer. They have told me that if stay past Feb I will have to read do checks etc. I would definitely ask for more time due to the current pandemic 

11 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

How long have they given you to leave? Some of us are emailing them saying we don’t want to leave yet due to COVID and flight shortages for returning to Oz. I would ask them for longer. They have told me that if stay past Feb I will have to read do checks etc. I would definitely ask for more time due to the current pandemic 

We were given 28 days. We will definitely look into asking them for more time as that seems like the best option at the moment. Thank yoy

13 minutes ago, Chanduni said:

We were given 28 days. We will definitely look into asking them for more time as that seems like the best option at the moment. Thank yoy

Another lady just paid and originally given 28 days to leave and they now have said try to leave within 3 months to her. Singapore is an option. You have to do 2 days quarantine then you could do extra day  in another hotel. Was about $3000  But the flight back is a risk, lots get cancelled and most  people book business class to secure a seat. 
we are saying can we wait until NZ opens!  You can but try!!

Edited by Kathss56

22 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Another lady just paid and originally given 28 days to leave and they now have said try to leave within 3 months to her. Singapore is an option. You have to do 2 days quarantine then you could do extra day  in another hotel. Was about $3000  But the flight back is a risk, lots get cancelled and most  people book business class to secure a seat. 
we are saying can we wait until NZ opens!  You can but try!!

Thank you for the information

On 20/11/2020 at 20:14, Chanduni said:

Hi everyone,

Hi, did the letter say that you have to leave then wait for at least 3 working days for them to grant the visa, before you can go back? 

My letter said this, which confuses me: "Please confirm your travel arrangements, dates of travel and allow for 3-5 working days for
us to finalise your visa application."

I'm not sure if this means 3-5 working days before I can depart Australia, or 3-5 working days from date of departure for my visa to be granted? 

Probably might have to rebook my flights if the latter is true, since I have booked return flights with only 5 hours of transit in Singapore!

37 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

@KathyN they mean Allow 4-5 days out of the country. However!’ Sometimes visa activates grant after a few hours, sometimes the next day. but this is not guaranteed 

Thanks @Kathss56 I have emailed my travel plans to my case officer but have not received a response as to whether that would be okay.

Now I'm panicking haha.

• Like 1

F
1 hour ago, KathyN said:

Hi, did the letter say that you have to leave then wait for at least 3 working days for them to grant the visa, before you can go back? 

My letter said this, which confuses me: "Please confirm your travel arrangements, dates of travel and allow for 3-5 working days for
us to finalise your visa application."

I'm not sure if this means 3-5 working days before I can depart Australia, or 3-5 working days from date of departure for my visa to be granted? 

Probably might have to rebook my flights if the latter is true, since I have booked return flights with only 5 hours of transit in Singapore!

Mine said that we have to allow at least 3 working days for the visa to be granted after leaving Australia. So we have to stay offshore for at least 3 working days for the visa to be granted 

• Thanks 1